WHICH METERING MODE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHICH METERING MODE

I would expect that this would not be accepted for overexposure I used spot metering so that I would get a correct exposure for underneath the aircraft so as not to have huge dark expanse of underexposure with the consequent risk that the upper side would be a little over . Am I correct?.

( There are also two other shots of this take off in the DB which no doubt would mean this would need to be dead on to be accepted.)

Its not genernally the metering mode that will blow out any picture , its usually down the other settings you may be using ....

first off what settings and camera are you using on the Onur Air ? in fact what settings are you using full stop ?

as a rule of thumb you want to be looking at an "F" number of 8 and above in those kind of conditions ... also if you camera will let you try knocking or stepping it down by either - 1/3 or even 1/2 that way even if the image does come out a little dark it will still be salvagable

lets us know what your general settings are and lets work from there

regards

Comment

VS777 Thanks for your reply.

I was using either f9.5 or f8 in aperture priority mode and spot metering for this.

Perhaps I would have been better with evaluative and going down half a stop as you suggest. I suspect that using spot metering set the shutter speed too low as it would have read the underside of the A/C. Which is what I wanted so as not to end up too dark in this area. Perhaps the other way would around would have been better as you seem to suggest.

Camera is a Canon EOS1n which I was using for the first time.

Comment

I would recommend to use center weighted metering for such shots. Spot can easily overexpose if you are aiming at a barker part of the aircraft

Comment

Working...
        X