Miami Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami Air

I just found out that my school choir will be going to Orlando (D-World) in the Spring. To get there, the choir director has chartered a jet from Miami Air. That was all he knew.

I know only a little bit about them, but could someone tell me more?
    What kind of plane?

Thanks!

Probably a 737-800.
    - The baby will be back -

Comment

On the football charters that I've seen, they have been 727's, but I have seen a couple 737's at IAH.......who knows
      He who expected nothin......aint gonna be deceived-JR

Comment

Miami Air

A 738. The 727s are rarely used for charter flights anymore, and are being converted. Nevertheless, a three-holer is always better than a normal twinjet .

-Colin

Comment

They must do some military charters as well, since I see them quite a bit at GTB...
          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Thanks!

I think it's funny that they are chartering a 737-800 (probably) because there will only be like 50 ppl going!

Comment

They've done supplimental service for AirTran on several occassions, most recently over this summer. They were started by some ex-Eastern employees.

Comment

yes ive flown on them, it was a charter from fort hood texas to victorville to go train in the sand box as we say..... we flew on the 727 very nice flight took good care of us and the plane was very clean. I dont really think youll be on the 737 couse they keep them pretty busy with the AMC but you will enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyCharlestonSC
                  Thanks!

I think it's funny that they are chartering a 737-800 (probably) because there will only be like 50 ppl going!
                  Surprised they would even accept a charter flight, not to mention how much that is going to be for the flight. And per person.

Comment

Well FlyI and Delta wouldn't take us, so this was the last resort (and a good one at that!!!).

We have to do fundraising to offset the cost, though

Does anyone have any idea how the ticketing/gate/ground crew will be handled?

Will the flight leave from the pax terminal?

In the past, I have seen DL accomidate charters, but no one else.

Comment

Re: Miami Air

I just found out that my school choir will be going to Orlando (D-World) in the Spring. To get there, the choir director has chartered a jet from Miami Air. That was all he knew.

I know only a little bit about them, but could someone tell me more?
                      What kind of plane?

Thanks!
                      My high school did the same thing, PVD-Sanford, FL. Boeing 737-800.

Also, this charter was boarded right at the terminal I think. Not sure.
                      Ryan Davis
                      Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
                      www.flyerguide.net

Comment

A major airline will probably handle the flight (ticketing, ground, gate,...). In this case it is most likely Delta.
                        - The baby will be back -

Comment

it also depends on your airport set-up. charters out of JAN are either handled by an airline (Coex, Delta) or GA (in our case, Mercury Air). All passengers and bags have to be screened on charters now, so either you will go through check-in almost as normal - using pre-printed manifests, boarding passes, and bag tags - and sent through regular security down to a gate, or you will undergo special screening setup at either the school or the airport, and board directly planeside.
                          Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

I'd rather board planeside

Will we be flying to MCO or SFB...can anyone guess?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                              Thanks!

Surprised they would even accept a charter flight, not to mention how much that is going to be for the flight. And per person.
                              A charter airline sees at first one thing : the money covering the estimated cost previously submitted to the contractor. Miami Air justifiable see they cashed $ xxxxx from XYZ travel acting on behalf of ....

Btw FlyCharlestonSC, enjoy your flights, it would be good to get a 727 on at least one of the legs, about where you will land, let me bet on SFB, especially if the aircraft is wanted asap somewhere else for a next contract. Unless they have on the pipeline a next assignment from MCO, I don't think they will be prone to pay higher charges by using a more prestigious airport.
                              Alain
                              Thanks for visiting
                              *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                              *JetPhotos*
                              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                              X