X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Bigley Beheaded

Hostage Bigley murdered in Iraq

Kenneth Bigley was taken hostage on 16 September
    British hostage Kenneth Bigley has been murdered by his captors in Iraq, his family has confirmed.
    A video released by militants showed Mr Bigley being killed, witnesses said.

"We can confirm that the family has now received absolute proof that Ken Bigley was executed by his captors," his brother Philip said.

Mr Bigley, 62, of Liverpool, was taken hostage on 16 September by the Tawhid and Jihad group. It beheaded two Americans captured at the same time.

Philip Bigley said the family had experienced "three long weeks of waiting and three long weeks of agony".

The government had done all it could to secure Mr Bigley's release, he said, but his brother's fate may have been sealed "from day one".
    My deepest condolences to the families of all 3 men who were pure and simply murdered in Iraq. This signals to me enough's enough get Blair and Bush out now!

Click Here to view my pathetic attempts at Aviation photography!
    View the Darkside

This got completely out of control...God...

My condolences to the families of all the 3 men.

Comment

Re: Ken Bigley Beheaded

Originally posted by G-MIDY
      This signals to me enough's enough get Blair and Bush out now!
      You fucking idiot don't turn this into a political thread.

Comment

Haven't these idiot insurgents figured out by now that beheading hostages isn't working, plus it makes them look like a bunch of heartless savages. The only thing that the insurgent actions are impeding are the companies that are in Iraq to rebuild or contractors that are involved with either the coalition forces or companies based in the Middle East. I'm sure the folks @ KBR are really having a time recruiting folks @ $60,000+ a year with the possibilty of being held hostage and getting beheaded. I almost went to a KBR recruiting session a few months back, but thought better of it. I mean, $60,000+ a year, with a good chunk of it tax-free would have been great, but what good would that money be if I were killed over there.

Comment

i've followed this closely, this is really devestating to hear, i'm wondering what this mean's for Tony Blair and his government now?

next trips
          USA/DXB August.

Comment

What an awful outcome to a terrible situation.

This is not the place for political criticism.
            YBBN - James

Comment

I apologise for what i said, and yeah it was out of place, i'm so damn angry though..

Click Here to view my pathetic attempts at Aviation photography!
              View the Darkside

Comment

Horrible.

My condolences go out to his family...
                Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by G-MIDY
                  I apologise for what i said, and yeah it was out of place, i'm so damn angry though..
                  So am I, but we should be blaming the people who actually murdered Ken Bigley not the politicians in government.

Comment

it's a shame, for the family cos the other 2 were executed pretty quickly and it seemed for a while that he may be freed, the terrorists gave them so much false hope.

Comment

what i want to know is whether or not the outrage of this will be directed at Tony Blair, of course the British people can't direct there anger at the terrorists, but i'm wondering if they may turn on Blair instead??

tragic situation.

next trips
                      USA/DXB August.

Comment

Blair's hold over his party and the people has been getting weaker and weaker by the day since this whole "war or terrr'r" kicked off. This will certanley not help his plight. Although put yourself in his shoes what would you do? If you did follow the demands of these rebels and free imprisoned arabs then i have no doubt others would see this as a situation they could take advantage of and do something very similer. Sadly these people have no mersey, and imo will continue to do this until either the war is stoped and all the us/uk forces are out of the area or the govenments give in to the threats. This will not happen.

Comment

Hi
                          I live in Liverpool and this has touched the city.I was in the city centre at 12 midday yesterday and we had a 2 minutes silence for him.It was really moving and it nearly reduced me to tears.My deepest condolences are with the family of Mr Bigley.Must be really awful for them.I dont think Tony Blair is to blame.Last week at his Party meeting he said he would do everything he could to release him and Im shore he did,in Liverpool at the moment there is no hate for Tony Blair but respect.Still my condolences go to his family again.
                          Regards
                          Michael
                          MD@MAN

Comment

Working...
                          X