Clear All

Great Website. I like the design
    Fly Delta Jets!

Comment

Cheers mate!
      [ MattC ]

www.skylinerworld.co.uk

Comment

On your site, Under codes, The code for Oslo Gardermoen is wrong i think, GEN is wrong, the Original code is as easy as Osl (For Oslo)

Comment

thats a really cool site. I'll try and upload pics onto it.
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

skylinerworld.co.uk

If you don't want any constructive criticism, stop reading now...

1) I HATE HATE HATE sites with "click throughs" on the index page... Yeh, your ovoid graphic looks nice, but anything that says "Click to enter" or "Click to Continue" is a big turn off. Dump it.

2) I see you are using frames. Frames are okay in certain situations, but I would make every effort to NOT use frames unless absolutely neccessary... And in your case, they are not. You can just as easily accomplish the incorporation of the top menu by using shared borders or a dynamic web template, both of which will give your site more of a nice, integrated look.

3) I'm not a fan of the light blue to dark blue gradient of the fonts at the top of each section (NEWS, PHOTOS, MANCHESTER, etc...) which just looks a little odd to me... Don't gratuitously add colorful fonts just because you can... Use color to make a point or emphasize something.

4) Speaking of fonts, dump that TIMES NEW ROMAN font. Go with a nice VERDANA or ARIAL font... Those are much cleaner and professional looking.

5) I'd lose that background picture... For one I can't really see it (I'm thinking it's a Concorde, right?) and two, for anyone with a window larger than 800 px, the image repeats. At the very least, set the style so the image doesn't repeat... Better yet, drop it completely... Maybe just make the background a nice solid (but subtle) color.

6) Your front page needs a "hook" of some sort... When I first went to it, I really wasn't sure what the site was about... A photo site? News? Is it for Manchester spotters? A little bit of all of that? Whatever it is, I think it needs to define itself on the front page somewhere/somehow. I know it says "The Ultimate Aviation Website" but that is pretty much a cliche... That just puts you in line with the 4377 other Ultimate Aviation Websites...

7) Unless you enjoy getting spam (yeh, right!) get your email address off your site... Or spell it out like "skylinerworld at hotmail dot co dot UK" which I know seems a little odd, but trust me... I have learned from personal experience.

8 ) Your menu image (titlemenu.gif) is too dark or something. I can barely make out the aircraft images in the background... I'm guessing from left to right that's a 777, a space shuttle, and, uh, maybe a U2? If they are that hard to see, then what's the point really... If you lighten them, then I think it becomes harder to see the text in the forground... So maybe lose those images entirely.

Okay, are you totally honked off at me yet? Hope not... Not my intent... Web design is not very intuitive sometimes, and sometimes we just need a little direction.

Most importantly, have fun with it... And if it looks good to your eye, then screw what I say!

Best of luck with it!

Comment

Thanks for the comments all!
              chazzerguy,

1) The introduction page or whatever you'd like to call it is just a new feature to the site, no-one has had a problem with it so far so I'm afraid it's staying.

2) I'm still learning about building sites, and as it's dreamweaver there is ALOT to learn! So right now, I'm just sticking to frames. Maybe in the future I will re-think using them.

3) I think if I used one font it would be boring, so I've added colour to them, not like green, blue, red-Just a nice combination of mainly shades of blue.

4) I am thinking about changing the font, I will look into that tonight!

5) You're not supposed to be able to see the background picture very well, if the image was clear, the text wouldn't be!

6) I may do something about that soon!

7) Thanks for that advice, I will soon!

If I lose the images, the banner will just be boring! It's not supposed to be really easy to see, it just adds to the design.

Matt
              [ MattC ]

www.skylinerworld.co.uk

Comment

Nice site, if you ever need any html help, just ask

Comment

Lots of informative details of all sorts. Keep going.
                  Alain
                  Thanks for visiting
                  *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                  *JetPhotos*
                  Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Cheers I've just added a competition for the 1st time, if it goes well, I'll probably do more. It's just for abit of fun!

Matt
                    [ MattC ]

www.skylinerworld.co.uk

Comment

There's a new Photo Gallery on the site now, quite abit different to the old one, more options and more sections which may be of interest to some of you?! Thought I'd update you on that
                      [ MattC ]

www.skylinerworld.co.uk

Comment

I like the site a lot!!! I particularly like all the MAN related features- at least someone has included (in my opinion) the worlds best airport on a website!!

Squeaky
                        "It's a gift...and a curse" (Adrian Monk)

Next Flights:-
                        EMA-PRG Easyjet
                        PRG-EMA Easyjet

Comment

Originally posted by Squeaky
                          I like the site a lot!!! I particularly like all the MAN related features- at least someone has included (in my opinion) the worlds best airport on a website!!

Squeaky
                          It is the best

Comment

Originally posted by Squeaky

Squeaky
                            Thanks mate, I totally agree, I'm at that airport every week and it never gets boring!
                            [ MattC ]

www.skylinerworld.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SKYLINERWORLD!
                              Thanks mate, I totally agree, I'm at that airport every week and it never gets boring!
                              Cant get boring with all the spotting locations.

Comment

Working...
                              X