What minidisc player to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What minidisc player to get?

So here's the deal...I am thinking of getting a MD player. Can anyone recommend a good player? They sell them at electronic stores like Best Buy here in the US but the problem is they are quite bulky (almost as thick as a CD player) and less variety because they are not that popular here. A former French roommate of mine had one that was very slim in comparison but he might have gotten it in France. Thanks for the recommendations.
    PS: I don't want a MP3 player so please don't tell me to get a Ipod or such!
    Click Here for my aviation photographs.
    No Frontiers

Sony always makes good stuff. I'm planing on getting a Sony one when I get a little money saved.

You're right to not get an Ipod. The batteries are horrible. Most MD use 1 AAA which is easy to find everywhere

Comment

I'm sure www.pricegrabber.com has a few of them to check out too.

-CLovis

Comment

I had a Sony MiniDisc player. It was good quality but in the end I couldn't justify it over a CD player.

Comment

ou're right to not get an Ipod. The batteries are horrible
          The new generation, the one I got, the battery lasts for like 12 hours, thats good enough for most people.
          - The baby will be back -

Comment

Originally posted by babypurin
            The new generation, the one I got, the battery lasts for like 12 hours, thats good enough for most people.
            Yeah except 18 months later it'll die.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
              Originally posted by babypurin
              Yeah except 18 months later it'll die.
              Then get it at Best Buy along with their two year warranty... it's what I did
              Click Here to view my aircraft photos on here!
              Click Here to view my aircraft photos...over there!

Comment

Minidisk is such old technology now. Why bother?
                I walked across an empty land
                I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
                I felt the earth beneath my feet
                Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Originally posted by Katamarino
                  Minidisk is such old technology now. Why bother?
                  Either MP3 CD player or Minidisk. MP3 player too much money.

Comment

I didn't want to get a MP3 player because they cost more (and the batteries can't be replaced easily once it dies). I like the 48-56hrs. of playback battery life because I can use it at work for almost an entire week before I need to recharge the battery. Plus, the minidiscs are dirt cheap (about $2) considering you can store 5hrs worth of music on one. I might get one like this:
                    Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                    No Frontiers

Comment

definately get a sony netMD, you can just hook it up to your computer and record all your MP3s from there. The software is kinda hard to figure out, but once you get it figured out you're good to go. I have this one.

works great and is really durable. I accidently dropped it from my bunk bed last year and it didn't even stop playing.

Comment

I love my MD player. I got an NF-810 and my gf has a NF-610, both have been excellent players with no problems at all. Though JVC brand mini-discs seem to give errors once in a while on my 810 model.

The new HD mini-disc units sound pretty good. Id like to move up to one of those in a little while. Mine isnt that old, I got it in March 2004, so no upgrade just yet.

Sony also has a car deck Im thinking of getting. Mini-disc in the dash and CD in the trunk (I HOPE thats possible anyway). Most of my CDs end up on MD before I even put them into a cd player these days (I don't listen to them much at home).

The thing about them that surprised me is they don't skip. I had expected they would, even just a little. But you can get pretty active with them and nothing!

Great players!

Comment

Working...
                        X