Navigation Help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation Help!!!!!

I have just taken up flightsimming as a hobby and i love it. I have many things to learn but i would like to get started with one thing i dont understand.
    When i joined a VA i had to be tested. They gave me the Route: Start at lax, ,GMN4 EHF J65 CZQ J189 OLM5 and finish at KSEA. I would like to know what these things mean and how i wold navigate through these. Do i use frequencies..etc. .. .?

Thanx

flight planning software, or if you have an aircraft with functional FMC you can use it.
    - The baby will be back -

Comment

Re: Navigation Help!!!!!

Originally posted by flyflight
      lax, ,GMN4 EHF J65 CZQ J189 OLM5 and finish at KSEA

Thats jus a basic IFR flight plan with the route taken.
      KLAX
      then your gonna do the GMN4 departure
      to EHF a High Class VOR and then your gonna take the Jet Route J65 to CZQ Another High VOR.
      Next J189 to the OLM5 STAR or Standard Terminal Arrival Route and finally KSEA.

All you need is some online charts and a vor receiver. Or GPS/FMC/fancy glass cockpit stuff
      Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

thanx for the help. I found charts, and info on the VORs but could not find anything on the J65 or j189. how would i navigate throught jet routes?

Comment

what i meant to ask was do jetways/routes have frequencies where you can go from vor to vor.

Comment

A jet route is jus the name given to the path that conects the VORs. Think of it as highways connecting cities. There is no frequency for the Jet Route jus the ones assigned to the different VORs along the route.
            Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

this should help you out

it's like an onboard computer for your FS.

next trips
              USA/DXB August.

Comment

I did that flight for the heck of it...ran out of gas before I could leave the active runway :P
                Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                No Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by b777
                  I did that flight for the heck of it...ran out of gas before I could leave the active runway :P
                  - The baby will be back -

Comment

Working...
                  X