X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Joystick to get?

Hey everyone,

I'm a FS virgin, you could say. :P
    But that's about to change. I'd like to know what joysticks you suggest for MSFS2004.

The stores around here (Futureshop and Best Buy) mostly have Logitech joysticks. Are they any good?

Thanks
    Will F.
    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

the joystick you think is good in your hand, not too expensive(but not too cheap
    )
    later on you can always set your settings to the max, just my opinion
    Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
    - Metzgermeister

Comment

the Saitek Cybork Force 3D is a good one....i think it runs about $60 but its a good joystick....lots of force feedback...makes the game fun...only drawback to it is that it likes to fight the plane when its on autopilot

Comment

I am using a yoke . I also use a Microsoft Sidewinder w/ force feedback
        You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

I've got the MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2. Works very well most of the time. However, if my frame rates drop for a second and it jumps or something, the joystick likes to snap around a little bit and try to break my wrist
          ADC Refugee

Click here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Do any stores (in Canada or the US) sell Microsoft Sidewinder ForceFeeback joysticks?
            Will F.

Comment

I would try CompUsa or Circuit City

Comment

I use a Logitec Wingman with Force Feedback - though it's great, i quite fancy getting a yoke and rudder pedals.

Could anybody suggest a good model? and maybe a retailer in the UK?

Thanks

Scott
                Regards

Scott

Comment

I just saw this thing:

I think it would be awesome to use the throttle. Would this be compatible with MSFS 04? Has anyone used one of these before? If yes, what's your opinion of it?
                  Will F.

Comment

Will, I dunno about the Saitek one, but I have a Logitech Wingman w/ Force Feedback - it's really good. I've had it for over 2 yrs now; it's given no problems at all.
                    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
                      Will, I dunno about the Saitek one, but I have a Logitech Wingman w/ Force Feedback - it's really good. I've had it for over 2 yrs now; it's given no problems at all.
                      Cool, I'm most likely getting one of those. I read some bad stuff about the Saitek one, and I can't find the MS ones anywhere.
                      Will F.

Comment

here these look nice ($$$$$) :

i wish i could get some of those!!!
                        Thanks,
                        Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
                          I just saw this thing:

I think it would be awesome to use the throttle. Would this be compatible with MSFS 04? Has anyone used one of these before? If yes, what's your opinion of it?
                          Their is no reason why it shouldnt work.
                          - The baby will be back -

Comment

Originally posted by Benyhone
                            I use a Logitec Wingman with Force Feedback - though it's great, i quite fancy getting a yoke and rudder pedals.

Could anybody suggest a good model? and maybe a retailer in the UK?

Thanks

Scott
                            I have a CH products yoke, and it is excellent . They also make rudder pedals I believe

Comment

I have the MS Sidewinder 2 with force feedback and found it to be better then the logitech ones.

That saitex is more for fighter planes.

Comment

Working...
                              X