No announcement yet.

Spotting at TFN/TFS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a bunch! I will have a Tom-tom with me and also a smart phone with Google maps/OSMAND....
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=21893

Comment

Going there myself in about tree weeks, Ï have a few question:

TFN:
      Is Privilege Style B767 a regular visitor? Schdule?
      Is Iberia still using heavys on there midday arrival?
      Wich days are Santa Barbara 767 comming in?

TFS:
      Wich day has the most traffic (UK day maby)
      Any russsian trafffic? days and time?

Thanks a bunch
      Regards
      Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

Hi!

I've been to TFN and TFS twice the last two years.
        But don't nail me down to my writing

TFN:
        I never had seen the Privilege Style B767 there. Perhaps some one has a schedule for that.
        Iberia doesn't fly to TFN with A346 anymore, I only saw CRJs and A321 during my visits. But Iberia Express operates TFN with A320.
        Santa Barbara 767 only flies to TFN during summer schedule I think (Friday).

TFS:
        Most traffic on fridays, especially UK Charters. Russians mostly in the morings (e.g. Ifly) and evenings.
        Best regards
        Daniel K.

----------

Comment

Thank you for your answer!
          Regards
          Soren Madsen

Comment

Originally posted by CPH Aviation View Post
            TFS:
            Wich day has the most traffic (UK day maby)
            Any russsian trafffic? days and time?

Thanks a bunch
            Use www.flightstats.com! You will see that most flights will arrive late mornings and in the afternoon. They usually leave again after an one hour turn around. You can use the same web site to see when the russians are coming as well.

The North East passat wind means that the area called "TFS West" in Brians screenshots is your best bet. From there it is possible to shoot the starting planes from the waiting area and the arriving planes. You can park at either site (the road is much easier from the north as erosion has more or less destroyed the path near the school) and walk the rest.

It is also possible to shoot from the terminal area, but back light will prevent most shots to be good...

I was there this Friday and Saturday so my memory is still fresh ...

Comment

Thank you for your answer

So its not possible to drive all the way to the elevated spot at 08 threhold?? And from what time in the afternoon is this spot good??
              Regards
              Soren Madsen

Comment

Originally posted by CPH Aviation View Post
                So its not possible to drive all the way to the elevated spot at 08 threshold?? And from what time in the afternoon is this spot good??
                I didn't try to reach that spot (but I certainly think it is possible because I saw a road leading into that area). Reason: All landing planes are backlit from that position in the afternoon (you're shooting directly into the sun). Early mornings may be different, but then the amount of movements is limited.

There is lots of other interesting stuff to see (you have to get up to the Teide; it is very beautiful up there) so I didn't spend my whole vacation spotting there but two hours on two afternoons.

I did get the Aeroflot plane on Friday (VQ-BQX). I will most probably upload a few pictures this week. As a screener you should be able to judge for yourself what I managed to shoot. I used a Canon 40D with a 100-400 lens and I used the whole range...

Comment

All spots can be reached by car, it is just how much risk you want to take with your rent a car.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
                    All spots can be reached by car, it is just how much risk you want to take with your rent a car.
                    Correct. At least the spots I went to require the use of unpaved roads (i.e. hard gravel) which is forbidden per your usual rental contract. The only problematic spot I encountered was at the school were it was most helpful that I wasn't alone so I had someone to guide me around the eroded "road".

Something else, the wind was quite strong when I was there. Sunglasses are a must and a heavy tripod or at least a beanbag are highly recommended. I had neither and I had a lot of blurry shots...

Comment

Working...
                    X