Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Century Air Cargo? And other silly cargo questions :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Century Air Cargo? And other silly cargo questions :)

Is there such a thing as "Century Air Cargo"? I was visiting some clients today, and one is in an office building/warehouse with some other company that has a large sign of an MD-11 type aircraft with that name on it, in Yellow and White colours. (I'm sure it wasn't Centurion ) Just wondered if it was an old sign, or made up even.

Also, is "ALS" the same as "ELS"? That same warehouse also has a "ALS/Westjet" sign .. Westjet uses a company "ELS" for their cargo dealings, so I was just wondering if that was a coincidence.

"Even Cargo has more fun on WestJet!" I should have gone in and found out

I googled Century Air Cargo and got nothing for a company with that name.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
      I googled Century Air Cargo and got nothing for a company with that name.
      Me too, forgot to mention that .. sorry!

Comment

Century Air Cargo? And other silly cargo questions

It's Centurion Air Cargo. They are a DC-10-40 cargo operator that was about to be purchased by UPS until the deal was blown off. Don't know much else about them.

-Colin

Comment

Re: Century Air Cargo? And other silly cargo questions

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
          It's Centurion Air Cargo. They are a DC-10-40 cargo operator that was about to be purchased by UPS until the deal was blown off. Don't know much else about them.

-Colin
          Yeah, I looked at the pictures of those planes on JP, but they werent the one in the picture, and it was (i'm 100% sure) "century". Now I'll have to go back and get a picture!

I dont think Centurion has ever been to YYZ either .. hrmm!

Comment

They had a crash at Bogotá on April.

Comment

Re: Century Air Cargo? And other silly cargo questions

Originally posted by Genessee
              Is there such a thing as "Century Air Cargo"? I was visiting some clients today, and one is in an office building/warehouse with some other company that has a large sign of an MD-11 type aircraft with that name on it, in Yellow and White colours. (I'm sure it wasn't Centurion ) Just wondered if it was an old sign, or made up even.

Also, is "ALS" the same as "ELS"? That same warehouse also has a "ALS/Westjet" sign .. Westjet uses a company "ELS" for their cargo dealings, so I was just wondering if that was a coincidence.

"Even Cargo has more fun on WestJet!" I should have gone in and found out
              CHeck it out
              N140WE. McDonnell Douglas DC-10-40(F). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
              O'Hare - The Aviation God's greatest creation, or their greatest mistake? you be the judge!

Comment

Me and my trusty Cell Phone camera are going to have to get get a picture! I SWEAR it was "Century" and not "Centurion"! Maybe I've just lost it, and there was no sign and no building and I really spent the morning in the trunk of my car eating the little packages of christmas joy for the clients...hrmm! Madness!

Edited to add: The colours were ALMOST the same, except the yellow on the tail went down the body diagonally (following the line fo the fin) and there was a black stripe.

Also Edited to add: Does Centurion come to YYZ? I checked for pictures on here and didn't see any.

Comment

Centurion Cargo may have rebranded itself as Century.

Alain
                  Thanks for visiting
                  *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                  *JetPhotos*
                  Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I vaguely recall seeing trucks on the 401 with what is definitely an MD-11 on the side. It's kind of shown in silhouette taking off away from you. Is that what you saw? I don't remember the company name, but I never recognized it as actually the name of an airline, just a freight company, I think the M11 is just a symbol.

Comment

Centurion Air Cargo owns 1 DC-10-40F (N104WE). It is painted in South Winds Cargo colours and operates from MIA. South Winds is a freight consolidator based in MIA.

This is according to "Airliners" issue for Nov/Dec 2004

Comment

Working...
                      X