Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself to the Forum!

Default Introduce Yourself to the Forum!

quote:
    Originally posted by Jim Knight:
    I hunt coyotes for a living. I have no ppl but I employ a pilot for my trade, which involves shooting braggart coyotes from above. Last year I annoyed my pilot by inadvertently shooting a wing strut and we had to perform a sugsie.

[img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

So, that was you shooting at me while I was in Southern Cal... I thought everyone did it there so I never paid any attention. [img]laff.gif[/img] [img]laff.gif[/img] [img]laff.gif[/img]

quote:
    Originally posted by Coyote:
    [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

So, that was you shooting at me while I was in Southern Cal... I thought everyone did it there so I never paid any attention. [img]laff.gif[/img] [img]laff.gif[/img] [img]laff.gif[/img]

Next time I won't miss you. [img]smilewink.gif[/img]

Howdy guys! I finally got around to registering, so calm down, it's ok, I made it. For those of you who don't know me...

I am a huge NASCAR fan (so shoot me [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]), and I am working on a VA, Jacksonville Connection (take a peek: http://jca.huntsvilleexpress.com [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]). I plan to attend the University of North Dakota and get an aviation management degree, and then go into upper management with US Airways. Other hobbies of mine include irritating the sh*t out of other distinguished forum members, including but not limited to (I love that phrase [img]clap.gif[/img] ) Gary C. Orlando, PolishAir42 (by the way Roley, can I borrow your face while my ass is on vacation? [img]laff.gif[/img] ), N391DA, c72, N400QX, and Ian Duke. Anyway, nice to meet you guys!

quote:
    Originally posted by Jim Knight:
    Last year I annoyed my pilot by inadvertently shooting a wing strut and we had to perform a sugsie.

You've been lucky. A story around here says that 4 folks went hunting in Northern Ontario and to get there they would use the C182 that one of the 4 owned. Well when they got to the airport the weather turned crap, so they decided to wait, after a couple of hours one of the guy went to get a pack of beer. Well, the weather lifted up and they took off, all drunk except the pilot. With the guns in the back one of the drunk idiot decided to open the window and started shooting at some birds inflight, the two other followed and started shooting too. The flight turned ugly when one missed and fired a shot on the aileron. The airplane crashed and only one survived, the pilot I believe.

Howdy all,

Name is Al, currently 21 and a rampie for the Big One in Canada for the past three years.

Also a PPL with my CPL tests completed--just building time.

[img]http://photo.starblvd.net/~Ramppilot/1-2-3.jpg?i=1038213613&pw=*10223DC780F9[/img]
    Myself, looking like a complete tool.

[img]http://photo.starblvd.net/~Ramppilot/1-2-2.jpg?i=1038213596&pw=*10EA3DC7812D[/img]
    Me again, working the G-8 summit this summer.

Ya-hoo! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hey Al, you too here? [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

JetPhotos.Net Crew Stephen Toernblom's Avatar
    KLGB/LGB - Long Beach Airport/Daugherty Field

Hey my name is Stephen Tornblom and I live in Long Beach, California. I am originally from Sweden and I am 25 years old. I have been taking airplane photos since I was 7. I travel the country testing navigation systems for Lexus and Toyota. Oh and I am an airplane freak! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stephen

hi all,

I'm airwim from Belgium and say hello everybody.

I'm Douglas, I am 26 yrs old living in Marietta, GA (just outside Atlanta). Looking to eventually enter aviation as a career but for the last 26 years, I have been a major enthusiast,though.

Hello!
    My name is Martin Alexander Skaatun.
    I'm a very active aviation photographer.

I'm 15 years old and is planning to start on the PPL-A to next year. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Here's me in a Piper PA28RT-201 Arrow IV and my dad is the pilot! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

quote:
    Originally posted by Chris Kilroy:
    Welcome Martin! [img]nod.gif[/img]

Thank you for that. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    I'll upload some more images tomorrow,
    as you can see on this page Im the third greatest phographer on airpics.com: http://www1.airpics.com/var/photographers.php http://www1.airpics.com/search.php?s...st=12&count=10

I have a few thousand of images that may be appropiate to have here,
    and i hope that you don't think at is as spamming as they do on some other sites.. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

One thing i really enjoy on this site is the short time it takes to get pictures accepted.
    On airpics.com i now have a few photos that have standed in the que for almoust a month! [img]nonono2.gif[/img]
    But here i got my first pictures accepted in just 45 minutes!! [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    Well done! [img]clap.gif[/img]

[ November 08, 2002 06:32 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Martin Alexander Skaatun ]

Welcome Martin! [img]nod.gif[/img]

Greetings everyone!

I've been an airline geek since the era of
    the 8-track, Fleetwood Mac, Astrojets, Clippers,
    Starstream Jets. The "Friendly Skies" were
    filled with "Flying Colors", all-white fuselages were
    rare and a trip to the airport meant seeing a
    variety of airliner-types, each looking different
    from the other. I really go for the nostalgic
    side of all this ..

I'm 40, live in Dallas, TX.. previously in Los
    Angeles, CA until Dec. 2000 but originally from
    Texas.

Mr. Kilroy and others... GOD LUV YA FOR BRINGING
    TO US ANOTHER AIRLINER SITE/COMMUNITY! Hopefully
    this will remain a pleasant alternative to ..well...
    you know who-dot-net.

thx

[img]clap.gif[/img] [img]clap.gif[/img]

Hey Guys....some of you might know me from airliners.net, i was a big active poster on airliners.net. But I came here to get my pictures online, well...because airliners.net AND planepictures.net always seems to reject my photos and i think they look pretty good in quality. You can check my pictures on this site...either search for "Kevin Cook" or "[email protected]" in the keyword field.

About me:

Well, I am currently 18 years old, I will be 19 on Dec. 4. I am in the world's greatest Navy...yes, the United States Navy. I've been in the navy for about 5 months now and my job in the navy is tearing down General Electric F110 jet engines at Naval Air Station Oceana in Virginia Beach, VA. Sometimes in a few months, i will be on a ship for 6 months to the gulf to kick Hussien's butt. I am a private pilot with a bit under 100 hours TT mainly on the Cessna 152 and also logged an hour of MEL time in the Piper Aztec. I will hopefully do my flying out of Langley AFB or NAS Norfolk Aero Club. My ultimate goal is to become an airline pilot with a major airline, however, i might try and fly with the navy, if qualified or I will be flying on a corporate airline from a friend who will possibly hire me in the next few years.

Well, that's about me.

Kevin

Hello,my name is Scott hoggard.I live in Baltimore,Md. USA.I've been fascinated by planes ever since my father took me to my first airshow when I was about 8(I'm 30 now).I've always been a big fan of military planes but recently have discovered the beauty of airliners.I'm also new to photography but I love to spend the day at BWI taking photos.

PS Kevin,I went to the airshow at Oceana in September.Best airshow I've ever seen [img]clap.gif[/img]

Hi..

My name is Koen and i'm 17 (almost 18) years old. I live in The Netherlands. I like Military planes the most and I hope to be a pilot at the Royal Netherlands AirForce after a few years.

quote:
    Originally posted by Airpower:
    Hi..

My name is Koen and i'm 17 (almost 18) years old. I live in The Netherlands. I like Military planes the most and I hope to be a pilot at the Royal Netherlands AirForce after a few years.

Another Dutchman. Were good represented here.

So many dutchies...hehehe [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stephen,

hahaha, you dont say? People tell me i look like im 16, hahah.

Kevin

Feels good to feel and look young.

Hey Scott,

Yea, i hear about the airshow here. Unfortunatly, I was in NAS Pensacola, FL at that time. It's nice seeing the Blue Angels practicing every week. Hopefully I'll go to several airshows next season. One, here of course since the airfield is down the street from where I live.

Kevin