Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself to the Forum!

Default Introduce Yourself to the Forum!

Yeah, it's true, the nickname comes from Lindbergh Field and not from Lynn D. Field or Lindy Feeled...

Jim, I grew up in La Jolla, how is it out there?

Hi guys.My name is Geoff,over 21 [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] & under 50 just! [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]
    I live about 10 miles off the western end of Farnborough's
    runway.I'm a NIKON camera user & use a Minolta scanner.
    Good luck to everyone using this site [img]nod.gif[/img]

Hello. I am new. 21 yr/old female.
    [img]love.gif[/img]

[ December 09, 2002 02:27 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by FlyGirl ]

Where to start.....
    I'm 15 years old, 16 on July 18th. I love civil and military aviation. I live in the northern suburbs of Philadelphia, hence my nearest major airport being KPHL. I hope to become an Air Traffic Controller. If that doesn't happen, I know I at least want something to do in the aviation field.

quote:
    Originally posted by Jim Knight:

Lindy Field = Lindbergh Field = KSAN

Happens to be my local airport Coy. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

It was tounge in cheek - after he said he is facinated by the history and stuff on that field. Hence the smile wink... Kinda like yours i guess. 8-)

Used to drive by Moffet field all the time while I was in that area for Sprint. Always wondered what the heck that huge a$$ hangar was for. Looked like it could hold a half dozen blimps... at the same time.. [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

[ December 09, 2002 09:48 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Coyote ]

Well, I was born in India, but live in Georgia. Nothing more really.... I've been into aviation since my first flight (Air India B744 April 1992).

ATLcenter

Well,

I am Robert Mickiewicz and I live in the cold and cloudy Detroit-Metro area in a Suburb called Novi (originally No.VI, or the 6th stop between Detroit and Lansing on the train). Im older than 14 but younger than 40. I occaisionally go to DTW to shoot pics with a Canon Eos Elan equipped with a Sigma 70-300mm lens. Havent gone lately cause photo processing sucks. I've asked for a 5+MP digicam for christmas. I ski in the winter and golf in the summer, and I bowl during all seasons.

Why not kill two birds with one stone? I drive a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport (Deep Wedgewood Blue in color) equipped with XM Radio (very nice).

Hi Chris and everyone,

I live in Edmonton, Alberta and manage for an aircraft refueling company at the Edmonton International Airport. I'm 36 and have been photographing aircraft fairly regularly since 1995. I had a commercial multi IFR years ago but keep current with the camera.

Keep it fun!

Hi everybody,

my name is Frank Unterspann. I live in Halstenbek close to Hamburg, Germany, so I often take pictures at Hamburg airport (HAM) and Finkenwerder Airbus plant (XFW).

Some of you may know me from other aviation discussion forums around the web. If you don't, please have a look at my website for more information about myself.

Happy posting! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hi All,

Im Toni(25), come from Bulgaria. Im student in the Technical University in Berlin.

This is my first post in this forum(i am the newest member) [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

BR,
    Toni

Name is Scott Kiel, live by the boring BUF. Love Southwest Airlines and hope to fly for them some day!!!

[img]offtopic1.gif[/img] [img]spammers1.gif[/img]

Hi all....my name is Ryan Cruz. I'm 26,married with one kid(Ryan Jr). I was a American Eagle pilot....first F/O then Captain on the Saab 340...however due to cutbacks post 9-11 I got displaced back down to F/0 then furloughed. Since my wife got a great job in MD...and my favorite airline has a huge operation in Baltimore...I decided to work there until my class date with SWA. I have been enamored with airplanes since I was a little kid.....even now if I hear one go overhead,I crane my neck around to hear it(my wife says she feels like she has two 2 year olds). I still glad we have people post 9-11 that still love aviation and take the time to express it!

[ January 01, 2003 02:37 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Canyon Blue ]

Hi all. I just realized that my only formal introduction on this thread consisted of my notation that "I like hamburgers". [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

So I figured that I would do a better job...

I'm AmyB. I'm 28 and live in the great state of Georgia, USA. ...I used to be a fearful flyer a few years ago but now I'm not after some rigorous soul searching. So, I try my hardest to encourage other fearful flyers at the website AirDisaster.com...and perhaps there might be a few over here who will lurk about from time to time.

Due to the long journey I took to get over my fear of flying...I now have a pretty deep love affair with aviation and have gained a lot of knowledge on the subject (at least for a girl who works for a news organization and was an art major in college. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]). I've been an administrator over at AirDisaster.com for around 2 years now and it's been very interesting and rewarding. I hope that I can offer something to this site fromo time-to-time as well as learn a lot about this vein of aviation enthusiasm from y'all.

And just so you can put a face with a post, here's my mug:

And my other tiny (literally!) contribution of an interesting aviation photo. Me standing inside the engine of a Delta 767 at Hartsfield, ATL:

Best Regards!
    -Amy

Sure you can post better pics, Amy.

Two words: Santa and Alien

quote:
    Originally posted by Aeronautics:
    Sure you can post better pics, Amy.

Two words: Santa and Alien

Two words:

No. Way.

[img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

aerpix

Hello all

I am Peter from Zurich, Switzerland, and joined here today. Some of you may know me from other discussion boards in the net, and I have also seen quite a number of familiar nicks here.

My passion is aviation photography and research, and if you want to know more about myself, my hobby and my home airport, please drop into my website (link in my signature).

I hope to be in good and interesting discussions here, and yes, it's good to meet a couple of old faces here, too.

Regards,
    Peter

I am also new to the forum ....Working for Scandinavian
    Airlines as a Duty Station Manager at AAR:Aarhus Denmark.
    Probably the only dane on the frum so far

Kind Regards
    Ole [img]clap.gif[/img] [img]clap.gif[/img]

My name is Frank, and I have been an aviation photographer for more than 30 yrs, shooting photos & slides in the USA, Europe, and Asia. Look forward to sharing aviation info with all, and talk to you in upcoming forums. Cheers! Happy Holidays!

[img]clap.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]clap.gif[/img] [img]shake.gif[/img] [img]clap.gif[/img]

shamrock145hvy

[img]uhoh.gif[/img]

[ December 24, 2002 11:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by shamrock145hvy ]

quote:
    Originally posted by AmyB:
    Two words:

No.
    Way.

[img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I got the pic here, it was while some of the AD.com members went to St. Maartin for a get together. ou can see AmyB here.

[ December 25, 2002 02:04 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Coyote ]

quote:
    Originally posted by SpeedBird2024:
    and when I get time I like to go to IAH and get take pictures of planes [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

SpeedBird2024

Hey! You know me, I'm that a-hole that is always out there at IAH - either in the blue Trooper or some other car.....