Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ----> wants to start collecting :)

Hey,
    I was talking to my friend and he said that he just bought a B747-400 for $20.
    At the time, i did not know about models, so i told him could i have a ride. He told me it was a model (i was kind of upset) but i decided it would be fun to collect some planes.
    He suggested buying my models from http://www.airplaneshop.com/ .
    I started to look around, and i realy started to get into this model stuff, as i wont be able to buy my own B747.
    I am thinking about getting:

I realy like the B747 (as if you can not tell already) and i want to someday fly for Northwest.
    Im probobly gonna collect Northwest planes (maybe Delta and a few others like AA).
    Please, tell me what you think, have you had fun collecting, and suggestions of other sites to waist your money on
    Thanks again,

Forgot to mention:
    I also want to stick to 1:400 scale, as there seems to be a ton of planes in that scale.
    Someday when i collect a ton of planes, i want to design my own airport on the computer, then build it in 1:400 with gates, little busses, etc...
    Could be loads of fun.

Comment

Do Not! DO NOT! Buy models from the Airplane Shop. They are a total ripoff. If you want to buy 1:400 Gemini Jets, I suggest Galerie D'Aviation in Canada. http://www.galaviation.com The prices are the best in the business.

Also... check out www.diecastaircraft.com

What brand was your 747? For $20... it seems kinda cheap (for the Airplane Shop).

Comment

Oh yeah... Herpa's 1:400 suck. :P

Gemini Jets is my favorite (exluslively actually). They are solid metal.

Dragon wings is also good but they have plastic wings.

Aeroclassics and SMAC are very good but more expensive... they tend to produce less "mainstream" stuff.

If you have any questions.... ask me! I have way to many models.

Comment

http://www.jetcollector.com has good prices! Thats where I buy from.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1219

Comment

Wow, thanks for the replys guys!
            One question, what is so terrible about airplaneshop.com?
            I see this alot with people, they just say that some stuff downright sucks, but i dont have any idea why they would say this (onless they have ordered something from there and experienced it on their own).
            Anywho, i think i may now go with 1:500, as all the mats, cars, etc.. are usualy at that scale.
            Right now, i think i may still go with Airplanestore.com, as you can pay via paypal, and that is the billing system i currently use.

Comment

Most of my models are 1:500. Herpa New Generation and Star Jet's are great!

Comment

you want to fly for NWA????????????
                no further comments....
                Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

there's nothing wrong w/flying for them provided you're not stuck in rustic DC or 742. Flying their A330, A320, 744 I assume would be just like any other airline.

Comment

Re: ----> wants to start collecting

Originally posted by MeltedPixel
                    I was talking to my friend and he said that he just bought a B747-400 for $20.
                    At the time, i did not know about models, so i told him could i have a ride. He told me it was a model (i was kind of upset)
                    BTW, cool site you mentioned!

Grtz,

Nicki
                    My JetPhotos.Net pictures

Comment

I like to buy from justplanefun.net You can sign up to be a frequent buyer, and for every 5 dollars you spend they add .25 cents then after a while of buying.....you get a free plane model paid by the 25 cents collected. I have spent over 200 dollars at the website and have 15 dollars in savings so far. Also, the shipping is ALWAYS, ALWAYS, AND WILL ALWAYS BE 6.00 in the United States. No matter whether you bought 2 models or 100 models the shipping will always be 6.00. ALL of my models have come from justplanefun.net, and they are dragon wing and Gemini Jets models. I bought one from a Herpa 1:400 from airplanesuperstore.com and it broke in less then a week. So buy from justplaneunf.net

Alex.

Comment

Thanks for the tip!
                        I'll more then likely get my models from there!

Comment

Originally posted by MeltedPixel
                          Thanks for the tip!
                          I'll more then likely get my models from there!
                          You could always buy from me!

http://www.retrojets.net - Coupon code is JETPHOTOS15 for 15% off.

Comment

I dont really want to collect the planes on the stands..Anybody have any good sites where you can buy the ones with wheels, so you could "play" with them? I had a great one that you could buy the airlines whole fleet for cheap, but i cant seem to find it anymore

Comment

I am not quite familiar with the size of a 747 1:400 scale, how many inches long, wide and high is it?

Thanks, maybe I'll get some.

Comment

Working...
                              X