How long will airbus last now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long will airbus last now

Well now that Airbus will no longer be subsidized, and they lose money even with that, how long will they last, all their money comes from underselling boeing by quite a large margin, now that its an even playing field, how many airlines will start to consider Boeing over airbus if they both have about the same prices?

An interesting development. I think airbus will stick around, however, I think this will be a huge boost for the 7e7, now that airbus wont be able to offer their A350, which really isnt even a 7e7 competitor, although airbus says it is, I think Boeing will get more and more business now.

They'll squeak by for a few years until they are able to make a profit (Bye bye to those sweetheart deals they handed out in the past. Boeing is able to offer these types of deals because of the profits they make off of their other divisions), and I wouldn't be surprised if they divest themselves of some companies that have stakes in (ATR and Embraer for example).

Comment

I have no time to give a longer reply but this thread is TOTAL BS.
      Grow up guys.

Comment

Originally posted by ALBAIR
        I have no time to give a longer reply but this thread is TOTAL BS.
        Grow up guys.
        How is it total BS, the facts stated are true, and Airbus still loses money being subsidized, so what you calling BS, its a realistic theory, again, I said I think they would survive, however, I think Boeing is once again going to pull quite a ways ahead..

BTW, this could quite possibly mean NW 7e7 ORDER!!!!

Comment

The article I read said the subsidies on BOTH sides were halted, but only for a period of three months. After that point they can resume if an agreement is not in place.
          Where did you read that Airbus can't offer the A350?
          George R. Widener
          Oshkosh, WI USA
          Aircraft Photos Here
          Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

chrisburns,

Can you back what you say with any facts?

Airbus is making money as it is, and it's almost a sure bet that it will continue to do so even without subsidies (launch repayable loans). If you have any inside info that says that Airbus is showing a profit when it's in fact losing money, then please by all means make your source public and maybe Airbus officials will be tried for fraud or something.

Airbus prices will not go through the roof as you make it sound. Airbus is generally cheaper than Boeing because their production costs are lower and not because they get loans from some EU governments.

A350 is still being offered, unless of course Airbus called you in person to say that they couldn't afford to launch the A350 anymore. Also keep in mind that Airbus has repeatedly said that they don't need (need is different from desire) gov't loans to launch the A350.

And that is why all you wrote chrisburns is pure BS.
            Give me a respectable source to back up your claims and I'll be the first to apologize to you.

Comment

Re:

Airbus isn't going anywhere, it'll be around for a long time. And as for Airbus and money, Airbus is gonna bag tonnes of aircraft from India and China alone in the coming years.

Foxtrot

Comment

Originally posted by ALBAIR
                Give me a respectable source to back up your claims and I'll be the first to apologize to you.
                He has insider info from his dad's friend's uncle's cousin, twice-removed.
                Will F.
                Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

When the streamlined production of the 777 is fully underway and the cost of the 777 goes down at or near A340 prices, this will make big inroads in 777 sales over the A340.

The A350 will not be a head to head competitor with the 7E7 UNLESS it is developed fully from scratch like the 7E7. If Boeing gets the jump in sales on the new aircraft and offers the same steamlined assembly like the new way of building the 777, then the cost on the 7E7 will be relatively low.

Airbus will no longer have such a cost competiveness over Boeing as they did before. This is because Boeing woke up from their mistakes and foolishly allowed Airbus to enjoy advanced and cheaper assembly and construction over their methods.

Boeing has tanked half their workforce and now is profitable with a new way of building aircraft. Furthermore a successor to the 737NG may be considered under 7E7 technology.

The A380 is already over budget and that takes a strain on the A350 program.

Yes, Airbus will be around for a long time but its honeymoon is over and it will have to balance its books to compete with a new Boeing.

Albair, Airbus's success is not going to be as strong as you make it sound.
                  Happiness is flying at FL400 and over 1000kmh

Comment

Air Europa has placed an order (or at least signed a 'memorandum of understanding') for 10 A350's. They are going ahead.

This anti-airbus bollocks has got to stop. some people in this thread look, or now seem like total idiots.

Hey, look I have something to back my statement up

Last edited by Guest; 2005-01-12, 04:09.

Comment

Yeah Torin, your news is a little old, its not an anti-airbus, just stating what happened.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/s...388190,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                        Yeah Torin, your news is a little old, its not an anti-airbus, just stating what happened.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/s...388190,00.html

I'm not giving you a news report, I am backing up the fact that I said the A350 will go ahead.

Stating what is happening with an anti-airbus twist. Everyone who isn't a one-eyeed Boeing supporter can see it

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                          Well now that Airbus will no longer be subsidized, and they lose money even with that, how long will they last, all their money comes from underselling boeing by quite a large margin, now that its an even playing field, how many airlines will start to consider Boeing over airbus if they both have about the same prices?
                          Where did you read this? I have read no such statement anywhere in aviation news.

Comment

Airbus will be even more business like. Noel Forgeard will be appointed as EADS head while US born/citizen VP Marketing and Sales John Leahy will move closer to the top.
                            Alain
                            Thanks for visiting
                            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                            *JetPhotos*
                            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I recenty saw that Airbus Industries made an opperational profit of 9.6%, which is exactly as expected on their medium term business plan. Considering the amount of orders they have, the imminent arrival of the A380 and A350 in the near future, I can't see them dissapoearing for a good few years yet. In fact, if things carry on as they are, maybe the same question maybe asked again in a few years about Boeing!

Darren
                              Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Working...
                              X