X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long will airbus last now

Originally posted by Dazbo5
    the imminent arrival of the A380 and A350 in the near future,
    The A350 is still a paper plane, and would only be arriving from 2008/2009 on, which not really imminent.

-Colin

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
      The A350 is still a paper plane, and would only be arriving from 2008/2009 on, which not really imminent.

-Colin
      which is why I stated the imminent arrival of the A380, and the A350 in the near future!

Darren
      Last edited by Dazbo5; 2005-01-12, 22:08.
      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

chrisburns, i think you may have missed the below post! How about some of those facts people were after to back up your idle speculation?

Originally posted by ALBAIR
        chrisburns,

Can you back what you say with any facts?

Airbus is making money as it is, and it's almost a sure bet that it will continue to do so even without subsidies (launch repayable loans). If you have any inside info that says that Airbus is showing a profit when it's in fact losing money, then please by all means make your source public and maybe Airbus officials will be tried for fraud or something.

Airbus prices will not go through the roof as you make it sound. Airbus is generally cheaper than Boeing because their production costs are lower and not because they get loans from some EU governments.

A350 is still being offered, unless of course Airbus called you in person to say that they couldn't afford to launch the A350 anymore. Also keep in mind that Airbus has repeatedly said that they don't need (need is different from desire) gov't loans to launch the A350.

And that is why all you wrote chrisburns is pure BS.
        Give me a respectable source to back up your claims and I'll be the first to apologize to you.
        I walked across an empty land
        I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
        I felt the earth beneath my feet
        Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Originally posted by Torin Wilson
          Air Europa has placed an order (or at least signed a 'memorandum of understanding') for 10 A350's. They are going ahead.

This anti-airbus bollocks has got to stop. some people in this thread look, or now seem like total idiots.

Hey, look I have something to back my statement up

http://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/s...ml?jst=s_cn_hl

Airbus will last a long time because the subsidies won't stop.

Torin Wilson

Your response above is open-ended and plain stupid.
          Happiness is flying at FL400 and over 1000kmh

Comment

Originally posted by beyond 1000
            Airbus will last a long time because the subsidies won't stop.

Torin Wilson

Your response above is open-ended and plain stupid.
            Can you specify which one, there is 2 responses 'above'.

Plain stupid would be putting a post up saying how long Airbus will last.

Comment

airbus vs boeing is alot of bollocks, it's just perpetuated by kids that have no business knowledge and prefer one over the other, frankly i don't care what i fly just as long as it gets me where i'm going.

Airbus has been operating with almost a 10% profit recently, so they must be doing something right!

on the subject of the A380, let's see it fly first, it's 4 tons overweight as it is and hasn't even been in the sky, i think the need for this type of a/c has been and gone and i see more freighter orders than pax orders for the A380.

only time and airline operations of the A380 will tell us if it's going to be a hit or miss.

next trips
              USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by Katamarino
                chrisburns, i think you may have missed the below post! How about some of those facts people were after to back up your idle speculation?
                Guess you missed my post with the guardian article

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                  Guess you missed my post with the guardian article
                  Guess you miss the fact that I live in the UK, and know just how reliable a source the Guardian is
                  I walked across an empty land
                  I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
                  I felt the earth beneath my feet
                  Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

...and how long will this stupid thread last..??
                    greetings,
                    Philip

Comment

How long will airbus last now

Originally posted by philip
                      ...and how long will this stupid thread last..??
                      As long as both Airbus and Boeing last .

-Colin

Comment

This is hilarious. Airbus is doing very well and the direct subsidies are long gone. Until recently Airbus has enjoyed very easy access to capital, the end of this will have some affect on their long-term profits but it certainly doesn't mean the end of this fine manufacturer.

Comment

they'll do just fine. If they didn't build nice aircraft then nobody will be buying them. The only difference in how they will do things is tha tnow they will have to charge prices that at least break even for their aicraft. I predict they'll lose the extra market share they've been having but they should even out with boeing.

Comment

Remember how the 747 was faring back in 1969/70, it was
                            - overweighted
                            - underpowered
                            - early disgruntled passengers were up to terminate the trip on a 707 at the middle of the journey.
                            - Boeing gigantic assembly plant at Everett was adorned with placards saying " the last to quit will turn off the lights "
                            - the 747 almost knocked off Boeing which was in hot waters until 1972/73.
                            Airbus is smart enough to remember how to behave and altogether avoid Boeing's afore mentionned direct and incured mistakes.
                            Alain
                            Thanks for visiting
                            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                            *JetPhotos*
                            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Im pissed off by all this A vs. B SH*T

grow up

Both companies make great planes alright thats all there is to it
                              UNITED-You're not just flying, you're flying the friendly skies.

Comment

Working...
                              X