Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congratulations to all the new screeners, but :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations to all the new screeners, but :)

I plan to go down to the airport a lot this summer, so I can certainly afford to lose some shots to the screeners, and I really don't mind this, their job is to weed the worse photos out, which in turn keeps my average views per picture higher. And they do a good job.
    So I'm not complaining, but I got this (blurry) reject and would like to know if is it too blurry absolutely, or just blurry compared to my other shots in the batch (which were sharper).

And I'd like to know this because I don't want to upload any similar shots in the future if they are in fact too "blurry" .
    P.S. The foreground and background are in the sun, but the aircraft is in shadow.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=81278 Thanks -Pepe-

I just read the email from the Jetphotos.Net screening team again and realize I should have appealed or asked questions regarding the rejected photo DIRECTLY by answering the email, and not publicly in the forums. Sorry about that, it won't happen again.
    -Pepe-

I've been wondering too about rejects these last few days...
    They seem to be random, shots being rejected for "bad cropping" for example when they're tightly cropped or for being too dark when they're not (monitor settings guys...)...

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I strive to have the aircraft itself properly exposed. If that leads to a slightly dark background so be it. Most shots I see online have the aircraft overexposed a bit in order to have the background exposed correctly...
    As to composition, having the subject perfectly centered is a mortal sin in photography, having a bit of leading space gives far more sense of motion which is what I like to see.

I think your shot could use a tad more sharpening, but it's certainly not bad.

Comment

@Pepe: that's a classic borderline. Many would accept it (me probably included) others not. My oppinion: appeal! Or if you can just use USM a tiny little bit more and re-upload, perhaps it would be even better. Regarding the public posting: no worries, watcht your next upload (just kidding!!)

@Jwenting: The Transavia shot was rejected by me. I had a look at it now on 3 different monitor/PC-combinations. It looks dark to me wherever I'm seeing it. I can hardly recognize any details on the under part of the fuselage. Now, again, some might accept it, because the rest looks good (sharp, well composed, well cropped, ...) others - me included, sorry - will reject it. I adjusted the curves in PS, and the result was good to me. If you want I can send it to you.

Regarding the random desicions: bear in mind, that we are different screeners, which do not control eachother. Everyone is the "King", meaning, that if a screener accepts or rejects a picture, this is directly done, without needing the vote of other screeners. Consistency might be a problem, but having lower standards, this won't be a big problem, and if yes, we will surely adress it.

Hope this helps a little bit

Regards
      Gerardo
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Pepe, thats a nice picture. The heat-haze on the wing maybe makes it a border example like Gerardo already pointed out but you probalbly can´t avoid that problem

I´d upload again...

-P
        greetings,
        Philip

Comment

Unlike other large online photo databases, we have not set standards which cannot be met by anyone other than the professional photographer.
          I am surprised to see your Transavia shots rejected jwenting.
          aircraft itself properly exposed
          The highlights are correct.
          You are not having much luck anywhere are you?

(No offence LX-A343)

Comment

Thank you all. I'll sharpen more next time, but won't appeal this one. -Pepe-

Comment

jwenting, hmmm Id reupload those shots and they should be accepted. One of our new screeners got confused what "bad cropping" hehehe.
              Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
              Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
              http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

jwenting, take Peters advice and reupload, there's obviously been
                a mistake.

Ian Sharp

Comment

The darkness is obviously due to the lens (or teleconverter if one is used), alot of vignetting in corners... The composition is great, although I also think a little more detail in the lower fuselage and maybe engines would have been nice, but if there was no light there, then its no wonder its dark.

Comment

In my opinion (I'm still talking about J. Wentings rejected Transavia shot), the picture itself looks good. By manipulating a bit the curves in Photoshop, I could easily fix the problem.

Regards
                    Gerardo
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

those are some nice shots...
                      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

I', also got my First reject Picture today

The reason was Bad Motive not a big thing for me that it was reject But I think it would be nice to have image like this at jp.net to show the Situation of Spotter Spots at Around Airports
                        Freundliche Grüße / Best Regards / Atentos saludos / Meilleures salutations

Michael Bogensperger
                        ==================================================

Airlinerpictures.net

My Photos at Jetphotos.net

Comment

Don't know what to tell you Mike. I could see how they might not like that its just a parked plane but why do we need to get so technical? The other photo of yours of the RJX(the head on one) is awesome!!!
                          Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Bogi,

very interesting shot. I really like these photos of spotting locations, I recently got this accepted (taken at AMS):

Click to view the large image

Jwenting,

to me your shots seem to be too dark, too. A photo/slide should reproduce the original scene as genuine as possible. On some of your shots parts of the fuselage are close to plain black, the background is always way darker than it was in reality. You also seem to have problems with vignetting. I agree with all the "bad lighting" rejections (not with the "bad cropping" ones though).
                            Happy Spotting!

Frank
                            FU Airliner Photography

Comment

[quote="FUAirliner"]Bogi,

very interesting shot. I really like these photos of spotting locations, I recently got this accepted (taken at AMS)

Hi Frank

I Have a similar Picture online taken from the same spot in AMS

Spotters Paradies at AMS are you on the Picture?. PH-MCN. Boeing 747-228F(SCD). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

It would be maybe a nice Idae for a Special Section "spotting locations" at the Database or a way to add Pictures like yours to the "Airport Info" if this database would be update in the near Future
                              Freundliche Grüße / Best Regards / Atentos saludos / Meilleures salutations

Michael Bogensperger
                              ==================================================

Airlinerpictures.net

My Photos at Jetphotos.net

Comment

Working...
                              X