What camera/lens should i buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schuyler
    can you guys fill me in on the 300D replacemnet??? from what i can see it seems like it would be best for someone in my price range to wait for it to come out and get one on sale from on of the aformentioned sites(i dont like used stuff) in a cuple of months, though i would go with a 10D if you guys think it would be a radical improvment... as for the lense, i would probably get it with the kit lense and the 77-300 USM III, than next summer or the one after that (i get all my money working in the summer, so i make 1 big perches a year or so) get a good L lense...(not to expensive, but a decent one...)

sound good?
    10D = better than 300D. Only thing you may have to worry about getting a used one is shutter life...but even then the 10D's shutters I believe are more robust then those in the 300D.

-Clovis

Comment

How much better is the Canon EF 75-300 III USM compared to the same lens with DC focusing?
      ADC Refugee

Click here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

USM is faster and quieter. I would get it.
        Will F.
        Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
          USM is faster and quieter. I would get it.
          Okay, there was a DC one on Ebay for $105 ending in half an hour, but it just jumped up to like $137 in the last minute or two, so I'll wait for a USM.
          ADC Refugee

Comment

whats the big thing about noise? i can see whare speed would come from, and i can see whare if it were 15-20 bucks more i would go for quiet, but realy???
            ^----raveing lunatic

please excuse my horendus mangeling of the english language, its only my first :P

Comment

whats the big thing about noise? i can see whare speed would come from, and i can see whare if it were 15-20 bucks more i would go for quiet, but realy???
              Translation?
              Will F.
              Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
                Translation?
                Why spend so much more just for quietness?
                "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
                  Why spend so much more just for quietness?
                  Beats me. I'm in it for speed and it probably also uses less battery power.
                  ADC Refugee

Comment

Originally posted by fallingeese
                    They were left out intentionally. Generally if you need a guide such as is provided...and that I partially compiled...you don't deserve to be using Nikon pro lenses.

Mark...a very happy Nikkor 70-200 F/2.8 G VR AF-S ED-IF user
                    Ah, I think the Nikon AF 80-200 2.8D should be on the list. It is cheaper then the 80-400 VR and better.

Although I suggest a list of some good third partly lenses :

for example :

- The Sigma 100-300 4.0 HSM
                    - The Sigma 70-200 EX APO HSM 2.8
                    - The Sigma EX 80-400 APO OS 4,5-5,6
                    - The Sigma 135-400 4,5-5,6 APO
                    - The Tamaron 70-300 LD M (which is said to be the same lense as the Nikon G modell)
                    - The Tamaron XR 28-300 Di 3,5-6,3 (for the cheap but reasonable all aorund lense)

Comment

The USM motor is just in general more accurate and faster at focusing. Plus if it ever so happens that you want to take photos of something other than airplanes...the quiet motor is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                        Plus if it ever so happens that you want to take photos of something other than airplanes...the quiet motor is better.
                        What a thought. Now tell that to Adam.

Comment

My advice is to just decide what YOU want, not what everybody else thinks you should get. Read the reviews on your own. Go out to a store and see what feels better in your hands.
                          Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                            What a thought. Now tell that to Adam.
                            If i recall correctly greg, I'm the one whose always taking pictures of other things than besides planes when im out shooting with friends

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                              My advice is to just decide what YOU want, not what everybody else thinks you should get. Read the reviews on your own. Go out to a store and see what feels better in your hands.
                              I completely agree with you...but unfortunatley people around here seem incapable of doing any research and decision making on their own...

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                                I completely agree with you...but unfortunatley people around here seem incapable of doing any research and decision making on their own...
                                Yep, kind of sad.
                                Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Working...
                                X