No announcement yet.

Paranoid Pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

''WoW look someone with a camera, I've never seen one of those before...Oh actually it looks like a rocket launcher'' WTF! You can't even take pictures now without someone giving you a dirty look or staring at you

Comment

Huckled @ EDI for taking photos!

I was taking photos at my local, Edinburgh Airport, when I was approached by 2 cops in the Airport Toyota Land cruiser, first they passed within the boundary fence, spotted me then the next thing they pulled up beside me.

They were very polite and asked me for all my details like, name, age, D.O.B, occupation, car registration etc., reason for being there, they assured me it was so I was able to gain access to my photographing spot during the G8 summit in Scotland and if ever there was anything untoward had happened they would contact me to look at my photos for anything going on in the background........ Yeah right!

That was the first bit of invasion of privacy I had experienced since going there in the past 3 years.

To top the lot, it's not even on airport ground!

Comment

I'd be happy as hell to have such cops around. I's hardly an invasion of privacy, they were just checking up to make sure nothing was out of the ordinary. You were not hassled, harassed or kicked out from what you have told us. Also, they didn't ask for your pictures to be deleted, again, going by what you've told us.

I'd really be happy, because I'd know there were cops checking the area (doing their job), but not being overly paraniod.
        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by medic1
          Last years International Airshow here (London, Ontario), myself and other photographers gathered just southeast of the main runway (where I have for the last 12 years) to get shots of incoming aircraft for the show. Everything was normal and then all of a sudden we were swarmed by security/police. Canadian Pacific Rail Police (we were about 150 ft from a set of tracks), London City Police, Airport Police, Airshow Security Staff, and even the shows coordinator was out there to watch us get jacked by the 20 something security and police who showed up.
          Haha, I work with Sundance (the company that organizes the event) and I actually remember hearing this on the radio. During the airshow Nav Canada made that area the "crash zone" for the aircraft. Usually management doesnt care on the arrival days, but I remember hearding tower declare that people were in the zone. By then Barry M (The big boss) was having a fit because it could cause him a fine from Nav Canada (who were there at the time). This year I am helping out with the photo tour, should be a great year. Last year I had access and it was a blast. I know the tickets are hefty, but really you get what you pay for. I will see what I can do about getting jetphotos.net users a discount, but no promises.

Comment

Originally posted by medic1
            Last years International Airshow here (London, Ontario), myself and other photographers gathered just southeast of the main runway (where I have for the last 12 years) to get shots of incoming aircraft for the show. Everything was normal and then all of a sudden we were swarmed by security/police. Canadian Pacific Rail Police (we were about 150 ft from a set of tracks), London City Police, Airport Police, Airshow Security Staff, and even the shows coordinator was out there to watch us get jacked by the 20 something security and police who showed up.
            that doesn't really surprise me

Comment

The last time I was in Denver, me and my spotting hombres Kyle Matson and Jason Thacher were up on 96th avenue shooting the morning arrivals on the 16s. We were waiting for the DL 763 flight when a cop pulled up and started running our IDs, the normal bit. Well as he is running his checks, we see the thing line up on approach, and we ask him, "Hey man, is it allright if we photograph while your doing this?" and being the nice guy that he is, he's like "sure, go ahead." At this point, me, kyle, and jason all run back to my car, open the doors, grab our cameras, and just as this thing is passing by, I got this:

Also, once while shooting in Durango, I was actually mocked by a MESA F/O while the plane was taxiing toward the runway.

When I zoomed in on the pilots face, he was making a wierd face and smiling.

Another funny pic is from Kyle while we were out at Centennial one day, we had just gotten to a spot right off the threshold of 35L, and the pilots departing 17R saw us and gave us this look

What are you doing? - Photo taken at Denver - Centennial (Arapahoe County) (APA) in Colorado, USA on January 6, 2005.

Comment

Working...
              X