No announcement yet.

OZjet 737-200 on its way to Australia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OZjet 737-200 on its way to Australia.

Does anyone know when this airline is expected to take to the skies? The website is not open yet.
    YBBN - James

Based in Adelaide right?

Don't know but that is one ugly paint scheme, Honestly, how much would it have cost to hire a graphic designer?

And a 737-200? Hate those sausage engines. Say to say that'll be the only one in service in Australia.

Having said that, I guess anything that's a step towards breaking Qantas monopolistic stranglehood is a good thing.

4Engines4LongHaul

Comment

So the guy once behind European made a decisive step forward in setting up a shop in native Australia. I think this won't the only 732 to be operated today by OZ as he will likely retrieve the fellow baby Boeings once operated from Bournemouth. It would be good to keep all the color combinations seen on those, although I think he will settle for this navyblue two tones & white finish.
      Alain
      Thanks for visiting
      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
      *JetPhotos*
      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

A bit hard to see the pic since it is a shadow. Adelaide gets poor service (my opinion) so anybody that pays attention to the million plus people in ADL will get support.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainJackSparrow
          And a 737-200? Hate those sausage engines. Say to say that'll be the only one in service in Australia.
          you mister, have absolutely no taste in cool planes
          Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
          - Metzgermeister

Comment

Based in Adelaide right?

Don't know but that is one ugly paint scheme, Honestly, how much would it have cost to hire a graphic designer?

And a 737-200? Hate those sausage engines.
            And a 737-200? Hate those sausage engines Sory but I think the 732 is one of the best planes ever as you can prob tell by my sig etc!

And about the color scheme it's like that because the man who ownes European also ownes Minardi F1 racing team. Hence the checkered flag at the back of the plane. Also if you look at G-GPFI it also has the same blue band around the centrer of the fuselage too used (i think) to carry his race team like the 742's used to do. EAL have a total of 8 732 that I know of from knowledge and 3 of them fly for Palmair at the momemnt and some fly charters in Europe so im guessing the few remaining may be coming to an airport near u! lol

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by MaDbOy
              you mister, have absolutely no taste in cool planes
              ...and paint shemes...I actually like it - 1000 times better than eurowhite!
              greetings,
              Philip

Comment

Based in Adelaide right?

Having said that, I guess anything that's a step towards breaking Qantas monopolistic stranglehood is a good thing.
                Monopolistic - Mononpoly - mono -ONE.

Qantas, Virgin Blue and Jetstar don't make a monopoly.

And those 'sausage' engines were probably one of the more important engines in recent aviation history!

Comment

On contrar baby it is me who has the taste, The 737-200 is one ugly place, the 737 never had a great fuselage and with those long skinny hair dryer looking engines it looks just terrible and sooo dated. If it were an airbus you guys would probably hate it.

Tori, quit being pedantic, you know I mean 'near monopolisitic', Qantas control the vast majority of the market, they OWN jetstar (I suppose that's competition in your books), and they do their best to kill or own Virgin Blue and which point they own EVERYTHING again.

Yeah, there is a really wide choice isn't there.

4Engines4LongHaul

Comment

Have your opinion jack. But hell, the 732 is a thing of beauty. Who doesn't get tired of it's music, bucket reversers, it's cute little body.

Comment

737-200 is definitly one of the major workhorses in the Aviation Industry... .where would Southwest, Westjet, Canjet, (+ more) and all those other successful startups be w/o it?!?!! I think the c/s is actually kinda original actually.. looks good to me.. .but thats me.

Comment

On contrar baby it is me who has the taste, The 737-200 is one ugly place, the 737 never had a great fuselage and with those long skinny hair dryer looking engines it looks just terrible and sooo dated. If it were an airbus you guys would probably hate it.

Tori, quit being pedantic, you know I mean 'near monopolisitic', Qantas control the vast majority of the market, they OWN jetstar (I suppose that's competition in your books), and they do their best to kill or own Virgin Blue and which point they own EVERYTHING again.

Yeah, there is a really wide choice isn't there.
                        Pedantic my ass. DJ has over 30% market share, that is no where near 'near monopolisitic'. Jetstar is set up as an independant airline from QF, making it competition. QF itself still has to compete with it.

Theres no such thing as near a near monopoly, you either have some competition or you don't.

Btw, how the hell has QF tried to 'own' DJ?

Comment

Dixon after the recent record/ profit made a comment that they 'd even like to own Virgin if they were allowed. I never said they 'owned' them, though they'd like to, cos then they'd have everything and they would love that.

Jetstar is still Qantas, it's an arm of Qantas. To say it's a truly indepedent airlines is very misleading. It's an offshoot of Qantas designed to do what? Attack Virgin, for what reason, oh yeah, so they can have the whole market again!

The bottom line is, Qantas are greeydy and dominate the market, they had 90 percent market share after Ansett went the way of the do-do, thankfully Virgin has pegged them back a bit but give them an inch and they'll be Australia's Aeroflot.

4Engines4LongHaul

Comment

Well it has touched down.

[photoid=425735]
                            [photoid=425734]
                            [photoid=425733]
                            YBBN - James

Comment

If it were an airbus you guys would probably hate it.
                              NO...i like airbus beter than Boeing, but teh 732 is a landmark for people
                              P.S. no need for A VS B flamewar
                              Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
                              - Metzgermeister

Comment

Working...
                              X