Departing: AKL - New Zealand
    Arriving: CHC – New Zealand
    Flight Time: 1:20 Hours
    Airline: Air New Zealand
    Flight Number: NZ515
    Cabin: Express Class
    Seat: 18F
    Aircraft: A320

Checked in about 8:30am and then went up stairs to have a look at some of the domestic aircraft and international aircraft as they taxied for take off then I proceed through security and went to the gate. We started to board at 9:40am. We had a small delay as we waited for the final baggage to be loaded on. Push back commenced at 10:08am and while we were taxiing the flaps were set at 15. We stopped between the main taxiway and runway. Then we moved onto runway 27L and power up was applied at 10:15am. Lift off 10:16am. Flaps 0 were selected after take off. The 3 FA’s then commenced the drinks run. This was done by two FA’s working their way down the aisle giving out the express cups which contained a little package with a spoon, sugar, milk, a little round biscuit and a napkin and a 100ml tub of Natural Mineral Water. Then coffee and tea were offered. The flight was then quiet with looking out the window and reading the in-flight magazine. Just before descend the FA’s came around and collected all the empty cups and rubbish. Lollies were then offered. The seatbelt sign was turned on at 11:06am as we started our descent and flaps 20 were selected at 11:24am. Gear down was at 11:26am with flaps 40 at 11:27am. Touch down was at 11:29am and we arrived at the gate at 11:32am. This is my first trip report so I hoped you enjoyed it.

27th February 2005
    Departing: CHC - New Zealand
    Arriving: AKL – New Zealand
    Flight Time: 1:20 Hours
    Airline: Air New Zealand
    Flight Number: NZ524
    Cabin: Express Class
    Seat: 18A
    Aircraft: A320

This is my return trip from my weekend in CHC. I got to the airport and checked in with no problems then up the stairs to have lunch with my mate and his new wife and her family. I choose a seat that looked out the window so I could keep an eye on the gate for the plane I was on. When it pulled up I was quiet disappointed to see it was the same aircraft I had come down on. I wanted to try out a 733. We finished lunch then I proceed down the stairs went through security. I never knew how much junk I had in my pockets. When I got to the gate boarding was about half way through so after about a 5 min wait I was standing on the aircraft. Push back was on time. We got pushed back and sat there for about 5 mins, I suppose waiting for the pilots to do final paper work. Then we had a long taxi and turned onto the runway and we were off. Nothing much happened. Same as above. Landing was on time. I did’nt have to leave the airport until 6:30pm so I walked to The Warehouse to look at a digital camera but they did’nt have the one I wanted. I then proceeded up to the top look out lounge. After standing there for a while its amazing how many kids ask there parents something and the respond they get. One example is a Emirates 773 was parked up on gate 2 about to depart to BNE and a father said it has 2 engines on it so it must be standard range.* About 6:15pm after watching a lot of Air NZ aircraft depart and arrive, 2 QANTAS domestic aircraft arrive and a QANTAS 744 arrive from BNE and a few other aircraft I made my way down stairs to catch the Airbus into AKL city were I then caught an Intercity Bus back into town. Well that was my weekend away. I hope you enjoyed the trip report.

* When the father said it must be standard range that got me thinking. Is there a standard range or not?
    Last edited by Air_New_Zealand; 2005-02-28, 03:34. Reason: To add second report.
    Air New Zealand. Being There Is Everything

AKL - Hub of the South Pacific.

Pacific Forum. For NZ and AUS Aviation

Originally posted by Air_New_Zealand
    Checked in about 8:30am and then went up stairs to have a look at some of the domestic aircraft and international aircraft as they taxied for take off
    Gosh I miss that. I remember being up there while waiting for my uncle to pick me up.
    Back here in Toronto, there is no place where you can really relax and enjoy the view

Edit: Actually, I was referring to the CHC observation area above, but the point remains
    Last edited by avro_arrow_25206; 2005-02-27, 23:02. Reason: appendix

Comment

Working...
    X