• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think ?

Too dark (under exposed?)
    Not quite sharp enough?
    too much noise?
    one for the recycle bin?

This not a post rejection whine, it has not been uploaded. I would just like to know What you think.

sharpness is ok, noise level also although noise is visibile on the darker parts (belly). I'd brighten it up a bit and upload.
    greetings,
    Philip

Comment

Thanks Philip.

Is this ok or too much?

or this?

Comment

can you post a copy of the original scan?
        It looks like a lot of contrast in there that needs taming.
        Last edited by jid; 2005-03-01, 15:50.

Comment

Comment

CJA,

It's arkwardly cropped IMO. Personally, I'd of cropped it just behind the start of the winglet. Is that something to consider? Although I suppose that usually comes down to the photographer's/screener's taste at the end of the day.

As for your updated version, I think there's a slight decrease in noise, but there's still a fair amount of it in there, especially around the windows but I don't think it's anything too major.

Just my two cents

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by jid
              can you post a copy of the original scan?
              It looks like a lot of contrast in there that needs taming.
              this is the original cropped and downsised to keep it below the 500kb upload limit. I have made no other changes as you can see. And looking at them again
              I wonder how I got to the Original image in this post !!!!

This is the one Dale would have preferred.

Comment

Its a tricky one as the noise is hard to remove. I have had a go, see what you think.

Jid.

Comment

[QUOTE=jid]Its a tricky one as the noise is hard to remove. I have had a go, see what you think.

Great effort on the noise reduction and overall its a lot better. Did you adjust the levels?

Thanks

Comment

Yes only a little, increased the saturation slighty as well, touch of usm and noise reduction which was the hard bit.

Comment

Originally posted by jid
                      Yes only a little, increased the saturation slighty as well, touch of usm and noise reduction which was the hard bit.
                      Thanks for the help. In the process of all this I have discoverd the Magic Wand tool, layer via copy, then Neat Image. Its a great way to clean slected areas only.

The original image was from a "professional" scan of the negative and was actually a lot less noisy than some of the others from the same film. I was not happy at all and so will try for a higher resolution scan next time if the Lab can assure me that there will be less noise. (Lets see now; a trip to MAN =film at £3.50/roll, processing and scan to CD £13.00 roll x 3, divide by the cost of a 20D = 25 trips to MAN.. Hmmm!)

Thanks again; Its now in the upload queue, recropped, leveled, USM etc.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by cja
                        The original image was from a "professional" scan of the negative and was actually a lot less noisy than some of the others from the same film. I was not happy at all and so will try for a higher resolution scan next time if the Lab can assure me that there will be less noise. (Lets see now; a trip to MAN =film at £3.50/roll, processing and scan to CD £13.00 roll x 3, divide by the cost of a 20D = 25 trips to MAN.. Hmmm!)

Thanks again; Its now in the upload queue, recropped, leveled, USM etc.

Chris
                        Looking at the price of a 350D body today only £609 don't forget to include your labour as well in your calcs !! £15per hr minimum.

Good luck with your shot Chris .. See you soon at MAN .. Jid

Comment

Geez, how many beers did you have before taking those photos?

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE
                            Geez, how many beers did you have before taking those photos?

Dale
                            Since turning 18 I have had several! ...

Comment

It made it .. well done .. Jid

Comment

Working...
                              X