I quit Airliners.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I quit Airliners.net

I quit. I asked to have all my photos removed, and my username deleted. The place is going down...and I'm tired of paying 5$ a month for bullshit.

Rejected for "low quality"

If they wont accept that, then they don't deserve my time...

-Clovis

low quality thats a really good photo, i cant see how they can say that is low quality! Soon A.Net will be down to only a few regular uploaders

Joe,
    | My Photos | My Profile |

Comment

Only place I upload now is jetphotos.net

-Clovis

Comment

You make the right choice...
        Check out my photos at jp.net! http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=613

Comment

My JetPhotos.Net pictures

Comment

That is sad that they rejected that photo, bad quality my butt! You made the right choice in coming here clovis.

Comment

Nice to see you've joined the line of a.net refugees.

Comment

Clovis,

I'm sure you know I have a vested interest in that other site. Each site has its own standards, and I respect the decisions that were made in determining those standards at each site. It is then up to each photographer to decide whether they want to meet the standards of each site, or not. I am not in any way going to try to make you change your mind but non the less I will make a comment:

I'm sorry, but I've seen your other pictures and you can do better than that. Its not an question of whether its a good photograph or not, its just not quite 100% in terms of its sharpness. A little tweak with the unsharp mask taking less than 30 seconds will probably sort it out.

Andy

Comment

Andy, sure maybe some USM could have been used. I accept those type of rejections which are logical, they make me a better photographer
                  But here, there's no logic! They just give me a list of reasons why the photo *may* have been rejected, and leave me stumped as to what to do to get it on there. What do I fix? "Contrast/brightness" ? "USM"? "too much noise?"... What do they expect me to do?
                  I've seen pictures from 10D users from Myrtle avenue, same type of shot, where the whole tail is a blurry mess... Can there ever be a little leeway?
                  It is one thing to say, "this is wrong, do this, fix it and we'll accept it," but it is quite another to reject it and leave me clueless as to what to do next...

-Clovis

Comment

Clovis: I like the photo. Maybe the screener just had a bad day. Did you appeal?

Comment

If the screener is having a bad day he shouldnt be screening.

-Clovis

Comment

Ah come one Clovis... dont give up when things are not really going the way you want... If a shot doesnt get accepted, move on... you must have more shots waiting to get uploaded...

A.net still is by far the premium aviation site on the web and it pays to go through the trouble of getting pics uploaded.. Exposure is higher, more people see your photos!

I hope it was just an impulsive reaction... hope to see you back at A.net...

Wietse

[edit: impulsive grammar]
                        Trying to keep the edge...

Comment

On a sidenote... I think it is indeed a shame that a shot like yours is rejected... (it is pretty full in the frame and a nice subject with good light!)

What irritates me is the constant flow of accepted pics at A.net which are below standard, taken at the wrong time of day (sun behind the plane) and boring subjects..: Fokker 50s and Transavia 737s with bad light and low quality... I cant stand it that those are accepted while others like yours are dismissed... I am talking about Amsterdam, and if you want to have a look at them, just do a search for AMS and look about 4 pages down....

Wietse
                          Trying to keep the edge...

Comment

It isnt just that Wietse, its all these things...

I hate the forum mods, and I hate the general atmosphere of that competitiveness. Photography is supposed to be fun, not a business like A.net are turning it into...they just ruin the whole point. I almost forgot why I started taking photos...for myself! And for enjoyment! To relax! Getting everything rejected all the time isnt relaxing! Its too much work...

-Clovis

Comment

Wietse, amybe I'll take it back..but I'm just so irritated, I can't stand it. I try so hard with my little camera to get it right, and it seems as if they really dont want my stuff. WHAT is wrong with the EK shot? I dont know! And thats what bothers me...

-Clovis

Comment

Working...
                              X