Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: I quit Airliners.net

Quote Originally Posted by JeffinDEN
    I think I may have missed the point of uploading here then myself....
    Bro you kill me. You really do.
    Try to catch me flyin dirty...

atco wrote: "I have to disagree about your (and Frank's) percieved low standards. When compared to a.net, yes certainly, but as I, like you am lucky enough to own a D30, I don't think it is fair to accuse others of having low standards when they cannot afford such equipment."

I am far from accusing anybody of low standards or criticising the acceptance standards which are currently applied to images uploaded at JetPhotos.net. My point is that the current standards at JetPhotos.net will attract many more photographers and pictures than any other database. Therefore the administrators will have think about the financing concept of this site one day (having those kind of problems at airliners.net in mind). I would also like to point out that I (and most of the other forum members) are just taking advantage of a service provided by Chris, Johan, Ingo or whoever runs the database. These guys are investing time and money just to provide a service which offers us average photographers the opportunity to upload our images to the internet.

Leftseat86 wrote: "Well it's not your decision is it!!"

You can do whatever you like! But by announcing your step in such a way in several forums you really seem to strive for comments.

Hits:
    This is what I have observed: at airliners.net rare aircraft at stunning angles get far more hits than at JetPhotos.net. At JetPhotos.net side-on shots of common aircraft get more hits than on airliners.net. This is the reason why I upload common aircraft (nevertheless with the highest possible quality and with good lighting ) only to JetPhotos.net and/or PlanePictures.net, but not to airliners.net.
    Happy Spotting!

Frank
    FU Airliner Photography

You can do whatever you like! But by announcing your step in such a way in several forums you really seem to strive for comments.

I'm only trying to let any friends I've made know so we can keep in touch. Also, I like to show that I'm happy with JP.net and not so happy with A.net

Cheers
    -Clovis

I just had my first not-so-pleasant experience with a.net. A user had found one of my Concorde photos on this site, and thought it was sad/symbolic. He posted the link (that's why it has so many views) for people to see it. (http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=91332)Many other people posted their responses. I finally found the thread and thanked everyone for their support etc. A few minutes ago, that thread (I have never received public recognition for any of my photos before) was deleted because the photo was linked to this site. But guess who I upload more photos to and am more pleased with? yup, it's jetphotos.net Just went from great to horrible in a few minutes...

Hello from another airliners.net refugee...

After a disagreement with the boss over there, I felt it necessary to pull all my pictures from the site. Great shame, but there you go - I still have them even if airliners does't. With my new found freedom, I look forward to hopefully contributing somewhat more actively here from now on.

Best,

Andy

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by FUAirliner
    [This is what I have observed: at airliners.net rare aircraft at stunning angles get far more hits than at JetPhotos.net. At JetPhotos.net side-on shots of common aircraft get more hits than on airliners.net. This is the reason why I upload common aircraft (nevertheless with the highest possible quality and with good lighting ) only to JetPhotos.net and/or PlanePictures.net, but not to airliners.net.
    I think we're making a wee bit overanalysis of aircraft pics here.

Welcome Andy,

It's great to see you here.

A great photographer and a very nice person too.

Hope you enjoy the relaxed pace over here.

Regards

Garry
    Garry Lewis

Air Team Images - www.airteamimages.com
    Air Traffic Controller - Toronto ACC (West Low)

https://flic.kr/ps/AAWk8

Welcome Andy!

Nice to see you here.

-Clovis

welcome Andy - anet loss is JPgain

WELCOME ANDY!

JetPhotos.Net Crew Stephen Toernblom's Avatar
    KLGB/LGB - Long Beach Airport/Daugherty Field

It also seems to me that a.net is favoring digital shots. Some of use don't care for that and will continue to shoot Kodachrome 64. This site is also easier to upload to.

Stephen

After hearing about the latest BS at a.net yesterday I had my photos and forum username deleted from there. I will not associate myself with that site because of the way it is run.

Good move Steve. I think I'm going to pull my photos aswell.

-Clovis

Bad move.

Good move.
    Try to catch me flyin dirty...

bad move
    View my photos at JP.Net
    Home Airport: Jackson - Evers Int'l (JAN) - Jackson, MS
    Camera: Canon 50D, 100-400L/17-85 lenses

I don't think anyone has the right to tell someone what is a good or bad move regarding their own photos.

Each individual should do what they think is right and agree or disagree, everone should respect that decision.

Regards

Garry
    Garry Lewis

Air Team Images - www.airteamimages.com
    Air Traffic Controller - Toronto ACC (West Low)

https://flic.kr/ps/AAWk8

I am not into this hobby for massive exposure and money. I am more than satisfied only uploading here at JP.

Quote Originally Posted by atco
    I don't think anyone has the right to tell someone what is a good or bad move regarding their own photos.

Each individual should do what they think is right and agree or disagree, everone should respect that decision.

Regards

Garry
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Meanwhile, my photos were pulled from Airliners without any notice. Oh well, was gonna ask them anyway, saved me the trouble.

Get a look at your shots from the 28th yet Garry? I'm uploading like mad!

-Clovis

Now I'm worried about another issue that Chris & co. probably didn't think about. when Chris gave birth to this site he probably didn't plan on massive growth happening very quickly. Things were moving along slowly but surely until a.net's problems come to a boil, and now a flood of "refugees" want to bring their photos here and we already see the queue & photo id#'s growing extremely fast. I wonder if there will be server and bandwidth issues happening quicker than you guys thought. A large website with 100,000s of photos and growing visitors can be expensive and have "growing pains" as Johan found out once a.net grew beyond his "hobby" stage. But in his case, he hadn't reached #200,000 until late 2001 which was like 3 years after the site was born! I predict that this site will be at least #150000 by its 1yr anniversary!
    View my photos at JP.Net
    Home Airport: Jackson - Evers Int'l (JAN) - Jackson, MS
    Camera: Canon 50D, 100-400L/17-85 lenses