This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by herpa2003
    What the f*ck is wrong with a 767, espescially a CO 767 with PTVs? I would rather fly on a 767-200 for 9 hours with PTVs than a crowded NW 744 with basically no IFE.
    Exactly.
    Sam Rudge
    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
      Or any airline for that matter. No airline is gonna kiss you ass and give you whatever plane you want.
      He could always start his own.

-Sturla

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
        6 entries found for waist.
        waist Audio pronunciation of "waist" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (wst)
        n.

1. The part of the human trunk between the bottom of the rib cage and the pelvis.
        2. The narrow part of the abdomen of an insect.
        1. The part of a garment that encircles the waist of the body.
        2. The upper part of a garment, extending from the shoulders to the waistline, especially the bodice of a woman's dress.
        3. A blouse.
        4. A child's undershirt.
        3. The middle section or part of an object, especially when narrower than the rest.
        4. Nautical. The middle part of the upper deck of a ship between the forecastle and the quarterdeck.

Waste*

Im sorry i was a little pissed off at this point, thank you for pointing out my mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
          What the f*ck is wrong with a 767, espescially a CO 767 with PTVs? I would rather fly on a 767-200 for 9 hours with PTVs than a crowded NW 744 with basically no IFE.

Thats why i dont fly Northwest or Continental (If i can absolutely help) I would rather fly a Virgin Atlantic 346 or 744 with Amenity kits, IFE, Food, and Hot (in my opinion) flight attendants.

Comment

Funny how his girlfriend is always involved in this.

Oh, and I dont like United's colors enough, just one reason why I dont fly Star Alliance. Also they symbol is retarted, thats why I dont fly them also. And this one time, they put a scuff on my bag, thats the LAST time i ever take a Star Alliance airline..

Dude, just because its in an alliance doesnt mean it happens to every airline, hell, youll be lucky if the Star Alliance is the same, or near the same in the next couple years the way UA and US are going.

FYI, getting from point A to B on Skyteam is easier the Star Alliance, since SkyTeam is now the worlds largest alliance (and no I dont mean in terms of members)

Comment

Originally posted by UA-F9 Guy
              Thats why i dont fly Northwest or Continental (If i can absolutely help) I would rather fly a Virgin Atlantic 346 or 744 with Amenity kits, IFE, Food, and Hot (in my opinion) flight attendants.
              BTW over the atlantic, a good portion of NW flights (being on A330's) have AVOD IFE, aminity kits, and food. And like UA offers any better entertainment then anyone else.... NO

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                Funny how his girlfriend is always involved in this.

Oh, and I dont like United's colors enough, just one reason why I dont fly Star Alliance. Also they symbol is retarted, thats why I dont fly them also. And this one time, they put a scuff on my bag, thats the LAST time i ever take a Star Alliance airline..

Dude, just because its in an alliance doesnt mean it happens to every airline, hell, youll be lucky if the Star Alliance is the same, or near the same in the next couple years the way UA and US are going.

FYI, getting from point A to B on Skyteam is easier the Star Alliance, since SkyTeam is now the worlds largest alliance (and no I dont mean in terms of members)

Chris. I know you happen to love the Skyteam so your opinion is already skewed. BUT! Im not saying i dont like skyteam because they lost my bag, im saying i hate them because they lost my bag, then were rude to me and offered me a shitty solution while being rude. Second, i dont feel comfortable with an airline alliance that has treated me in this manor, making my journey harder on me from point a to point b trying to guess if my bag is below me and if it isnt, who i will have to face and argue with when i land. and it isnt just northwest or just delta or just continental, its ALL of those. At least its the three US Majors in it. Internationally, skyteam may after all be better, but it has yet to be shown to me, since my only international flight on them blew (The CO one) lastly my girlfriend flys frequently as do i, so thats why i bring her into this,showing it cant just be my bad luck, its a trend of these three airlines. She has flown delta more then i have which is only once, shes flown them something like 7 times, only twice did they have no problem. Anyway, like i said, enjoy skyteam, but i wont be aboard.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                  BTW over the atlantic, a good portion of NW flights (being on A330's) have AVOD IFE, aminity kits, and food. And like UA offers any better entertainment then anyone else.... NO

UA? I said VS. I dont take UA to Europe unless its the absolute cheapest. I rather pay more for a Euro carrier to fly me to Europe

Comment

Screaming Emu I could not have said it better (I could say it a lot worse).

Time for a few of you wingdings to get away from your computer and go experience life!

It's supply and demand.

Comment

Hey, whatever works. Although I count myself lucky is I can get anything with windows. Few years ago I flew HNL-Washington (state)-HNL on an old C-141. Very noisy (everyone had to wear earplugs), very crowded and very boring.

Also, I have flown across the Atlantic 8 times and have never had PTVs on any of my flights. As a matter of fact, the only flights I have ever had a PTV on were jetBlue flights from SYR-JFK-SYR, and those are only 45 minutes!
                      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Here I am up late due to the Formula 1 race at 4 am, and realise that I have missed something like this. UA-F9 Guy, I guess you need a big-time reality check, and maybe get a life. To summarize what others have said, airlines use airplanes that best fit the demand on the routes.
                        So you complain about A320s on international flights? Big deal, most international A320 flights are under 5 hours, something that can also be said for most US transcons. And those A319LR and BBJ longhaul flights operated by Lufthansa are high-quality business-class only flights, something which you will never use due to the plane, though it is proven that PrivatAir's product is superior to LH's Business Class. Not that you could afford it anyway.

So you complain about 757s on international flights? Well, load factors way above 90% on Continental's Europe flights obviously show that most pax couldn't care less about being on a narrowbody on a transatlantic flight.

So you complain about 767s on international flights? Where have you been in the last decade? The 767 is the transatlantic workhorse. And why? because it is the most suitable plane for the routes it flies. Not to mention it's 2-3-2 layout is probably the best layout there is.

So you think that airlines should use planes with at least 8-abreast seating? Very smart. Would that be the place, you wouldn't be seeing about 50% of transatlantic routes nowadays. CO's European network would be practically non-existant except for LGW, CDG, FCO, FRA, MAN and AMS. Same goes for Delta. And why? Because A300/A310s are too old and lack the range, and the A330 is too big for most of them, not to mention those are Airbus products, and CO and DL have an all Boeing fleet.

So base you, and I quote,
                        hate
                        for Skyteam on one single bad experience? Because they lost your bag? If you are that nitpicky, soon you won't have any airline to fly on, because every airline occasionally misplaces bags. Let me tell you something: KLM once misplace my family's bags, sending them to Tokio instead of Atlanta. And we still flew with them, having some great experiences. Delta has misplaced our bags, and I had my best experiences on them. Sabena misplaced our bags, but the friendliness of the employees made us forget that single incident. LH once made us the train from FRA to HAM, because they couldn't get a plane ready for the flight. Yet I still prefer Lufthansa to Air France. When it occurs that your bags are misplaced on 12 out of 15 flights, and when you're dropped of the plane for no reason and experience hour-long delays on the same airline, then you can say you will never fly them again.

To the other members: Sorry for the long rant, but when I say the title I just had to get that out.

Comment

If given the possibility I favor this option of 3 x daily 757s than a once daily and packed Jumbo, definitely. The experiences of starting transatlantics with 707s and DC.8s, often coming out without entertainement remind me that a comfortable flight on board either a 757 or a 767 is a better option than a packed 777 or 744. Another suggestion, how about a 15 hour-long 3 stop excursion with a DC.6B, which I experienced in June 1966 (LBG-MRS-FTL-DLA). One of the very last operated by UTA, this Six was operated on extra sections, aka, for either the unlucky goofers who forgot to reserve their seats long in advance to be accomodated on a regular DC.8 or the dependants of travel agents flying for free and altogether OK to let the DC.8 for farepaying psgrs at peak time.
                          Alain
                          Thanks for visiting
                          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                          *JetPhotos*
                          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I dont mind using a 767 on international routes, just not the 762, but the 762M im fine with it. The 767 is a nice plane.
                            -Kevin

Comment

Why do you even want a jumbo? It's not like you get more room (in economy anyway). The pitch is the same whether it's a big plane or a small plane. As for your beloved Star Alliance....UA's 747s don't have PTVs in all classes, yet their 763s do.
                              Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
                              ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Chris. I know you happen to love the Skyteam so your opinion is already skewed.
                                Right back at yah.

I just think its always bad because you go into it bad, and find the smallest thing and then blow it out of proportion. Hell you should work for the news channel that released that NW Airlink CRJ report, youd be a great fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X