No announcement yet.

How do you file your photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 stage setup for me, i've been a bit lazy of late so i've not changed the dates to the CF files.

these are my folders, usually just date them and that's it.

2nd is the images themselves at the unedited phase.

3rd is the upload file, this is where all the edited shots go and are ready for uploading. and to be honest i can't be assed uploading or editing anything for any site atm!

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

Comment

My system is fairly simple and a bit on the lazy side. For example this airplane photo file is labled. "Cessna-C441-N903DC". http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=422699

Since I have more than one picture of this airplane, the second file ends with N903DC-a then a third would be N903DC-b and so on. I do have a file with just airplane pictures and within that is an upload file for pictures that are ready to be submitted to our fine screening crew.
      My photos at JP.net

National Air Traffic Controllers Association

Comment

No computer, so I record my slide collection in a small Sony Clie TJ25 on the following way
        Name of file : Airline/Operator by alphabetical order
        For big airlines/operator I proceed as follow for instance ;
        KLM - MD11s, Lufthansa-737.200s, USAF KC.135s
        Inside a typical file
        - type of aircrafts by size order starting with the smallest
        - registration + how the aircraft shows on pic : some
        c/s 1 / no tls / m/c BY + tls & logo / aw + tls / as (all silver)+ tls & logo
        list goes on
        Alain
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Not a very organised setout yet but at the moment I basically have 2 main folders:

The first is 10D Photography, in this folder are more folders dated for each day ive done shooting. In these folders are ALL shots taken throughout the day (not started deleting the rubbish yet!).

The other folder Aviation Photography, is this folder all my unedited aviation photography goes in. Once edited/uploaded I move it into the Uploaded folder. And if a shot is rejected I then move it from Uploaded to Rejected folder so I can keep track of the rejected shots and come back to them at a later date. I also move any doubles which I have edited and decided not to upload into the rejected folder.

Again not very organised but it works great for me.
          E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

I have a My Pictures folder in my USB Disk.
            Pics are stored in this format
            MMDDYY ICAO Code ie.
            010105 MMMY

And all the pics keep their original naming (DSCNxxxx.jpg), I have a folder with all the edited pictures, however, I can recall the dates of many flights.
            [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Working...
            X