• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

67, a thin layer of clouds, breezy

perfect weather considering what we had over the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by PortColumbus
      Hit 60 yesterday, high in the 20s today.
      This sounds like the MSP weather Sunday and Monday. Sunday we were 60 and sunny, Monday we were in the low 20s with a 40MPH north wind.
      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Was +5C yesterday, then dropped to -10C the next day. All the melt water became ice. I was close to taking a spill on several occasions

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
          Was +5C yesterday, then dropped to -10C the next day. All the melt water became ice. I was close to taking a spill on several occasions
          Tell me about it, I DID take a spill. I was just talking to my friend and did not even notice the whole sidewalk was covered in ICE!
          Thanks,
          Michael

Comment

Cold.

You guys need to learn how to walk on ice.

Comment

Originally posted by SWA733Captain
              Cold.

You guys need to learn how to walk on ice.
              Ya that, or I need those things you put on the bottom of your shoes to help prevent slipping.
              Thanks,
              Michael

Comment

Originally posted by yyz-yvr
                Ya that, or I need those things you put on the bottom of your shoes to help prevent slipping.
                I don't think anything would work on ice though..... unless they have spiked solesm which would be awkward on real ground

Comment

These things:

Thanks,
                  Michael

Comment

Nah, I'd look like a sissy... It's easier to just make sure there is someone beside you to fall on

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                      Nah, I'd look like a sissy... It's easier to just make sure there is someone beside you to fall on
                      Fine, come down to St.Joes. I get out of School @ 2:30!
                      Thanks,
                      Michael

Comment

Probably better if you come downtown... I get off school at 20:00!

Edit: This thread is officially HIJACKED!!

Comment

Today
                          PM Showers
                          High 58° F
                          Precip: 50%
                          Mostly cloudy this morning with showers developing this afternoon. High 58F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Tonight
                          Showers
                          Low 41° F
                          Precip: 60%
                          Overcast with rain showers at times. Low 41F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.

Tomorrow
                          AM Showers
                          High 65° F
                          Precip: 30%
                          A few showers in the morning with bright sunshine in the afternoon. High around 65F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

-Pete
                          Pete Ganabathi
                          Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

Sweet...

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
                            NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BUFFALO NY
                            354 PM EST WED MAR 9 2005

...LAKE EFFECT SNOWS DOWNWIND OF LAKE ONTARIO...

.COLD AIR CIRCULATING AROUND A DEEP LOW MOVING NORTH INTO QUEBEC
                            WILL GENERATE LAKE EFFECT SNOW TONIGHT AND THURSDAY.

A BAND OF HEAVY SNOW WILL BE OVER WAYNE..NORTHERN CAYUGA...AND
                            SOUTHERN OSWEGO COUNTIES THIS EVENING. THIS BAND WILL OSCILLATE FOR
                            AWHILE THEN LIFT NORTH LATE TONIGHT AND MOVE ACROSS JEFFERSON COUNTY
                            DURING THURSDAY. SNOW WILL FALL AT ONE TO TWO INCHES PER HOUR NEAR
                            THE CENTER OF THE BAND....WITH 6 TO 10 INCHES POSSIBLE OVERNIGHT...
                            THEN 6 TO 9 INCHES POSSIBLE IN THE HEAVIEST AREAS IN JEFFERSON AND
                            LEWIS COUNTIES THURSDAY. THE ACTIVITY SHOULD WEAKEN LATE THURSDAY
                            AFTERNOON. IF YOU WILL BE TRAVELING IN THE AREA ALLOW EXTRA TIME TO
                            REACH YOUR DESTINATION AND BE PREPARED FOR EMERGENCIES.

NYZ007-008-100500-
                            JEFFERSON-LEWIS-
                            INCLUDING THE CITIES OF LOWVILLE AND WATERTOWN
                            354 PM EST WED MAR 9 2005

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BUFFALO NY HAS ISSUED A LAKE EFFECT
                            SNOW WARNING.

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM THURSDAY THROUGH 6
                            PM THURSDAY...

LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL MOVE IN FROM THE SOUTH LATE TONIGHT AND
                            CONTINUE TO DRIFT NORTH...REACHING NORTH OF WATERTOWN THURSDAY
                            AFTERNOON. 6 TO 12 INCHES ACCUMULATION IS POSSIBLE BY LATE THURSDAY.

A LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING MEANS THAT SIGNIFICANT WINTER WEATHER IS
                            POSSIBLE IN LOCALIZED AREAS WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS. STAY TUNED TO
                            NOAA WEATHER RADIO AND OTHER RADIO AND TV STATIONS FOR FURTHER
                            DETAILS OR UPDATES.

$$
                            LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM EST TO 6 PM EST THURSDAY
                            Tonight
                            ...Mostly cloudy...Then becoming partly cloudy late this evening and early morning. A chance of snow showers until early morning...Then snow showers late. Snow May be heavy at Times late. Accumulation 2 to 4 inches...Mainly across southern sections. Lows zero to 5 above. West winds 10 to 20 mph.

Thursday...Snow showers and areas of heavy lake effect snow shifting northward across the area. Additional accumulation 4 to 8 inches within the most persistent bands...Bringing event totals to 6 to 12 inches. Highs around 20. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Thursday Night...Lake effect snow showers across northern sections ending early after producing another inch or so of accumulation... Then a chance of snow overnight. Not as cold with lows around 15...Then temperatures rising to around 20 after midnight. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 50 percent.

Friday...Light snow likely. Highs around 30. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent.

Friday Night...Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Lows 15 to 20. West winds 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday...Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Highs in the mid 20s.
                            Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

current weather: crappy: -15 and gusts from the north

Comment

Originally posted by yyz-yvr
                                Those are for crushed ice. Try walking on some of the stuff here...absolutely smooth and slippery...very dangerous stuff.
                                "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Working...
                                X