No announcement yet.

Jetsgo Ceases Operations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what about their F-100's, is AA still the owner of those birds?, my guess is that they will be back to the desert.
    Film & Aviation, can't live without them

Comment

Good riddance! I am glad this is finally over!

Best of luck to all former employees out there.
      My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

For sure they made quite a few obvious mistakes, such as taking up the Fokker 100s instead of rationalizing and keep flying with more MadDogs. Personnally I felt they were up to this outcome when they started spreading their somewhat meager financial ressources in adding a completely different type coming up with the related operational costs. Surprise is for this so soon wing clipping....
        Alain
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Is anyone here good with photoshop? How about a 'modified' Jetsgo logo, with an unhappy and/or frowning face?

Martin

Comment

I feel sorry for all the employees but i dont think there is anyone who can deny that we saw it comming. Hopefull this will bring more stability to the market and allow other airlines a chance to get back on their feet

Comment

It was pretty obvious, the prices VS. the cost of operation. Especially when you hear of other airlines struggle to make profits.

I wonder what aircraft type LeBlanc will go with next..

Comment

russian ones

Originally posted by Genessee
                It was pretty obvious, the prices VS. the cost of operation. Especially when you hear of other airlines struggle to make profits.

I wonder what aircraft type LeBlanc will go with next..

Maybe tu-334/204 with RR engines and collins avionics
                sure he can find them cheap....
                just kidding, I hope that he will never get his hands in another airline.

regards
                Film & Aviation, can't live without them

Comment

SG also hired quite a few new pilots as well (over the last 6 months or so)...Thats alot of $30,000 training bonds.

Comment

LeBlanc is like the french-Canadian version of Frank Lorenzo... the guy should never be allowed to run an airline ever again.

Wow... great day on the market for AC and WJ... the stocks are really trading today!
                    My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Ya, i sure hope that he doesnt start something again. or maybe people will just get the message and just give up on him. but thats high hopes i guess

Comment

Hopefully the Canadian courts are not as lenient as the US courts have been on UA.
                        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                          Hopefully the Canadian courts are not as lenient as the US courts have been on UA.
                          Hopefully the courts will make it so that creditors get as much back as possible... and do what's best for the industry/economy... just like the US courts are doing.
                          - Fly United -
                          My photos.

Comment

what about their F-100's, is AA still the owner of those birds?, my guess is that they will be back to the desert.
                            No! AA sale this planes to jetsGo (via ???).

Yesterday jetsGo had a fleet of 12 F100, 1 MD-82 and 13 MD-83. The 6 futher F100 wasent not in service at this time - and finaly was deregistraded and sold to WFBN.
                            It's all about aviation in Switzerland and Europe!

CH-Aviation

Comment

Shame, as when they first started, I had real high thoughts for their future.
                              If I always fly my national airline,....so should you! .

Fly British Airways. Possibly the best airline in Europe....maybe in the world

Comment

Nicknames for Jetsgo:

Jetsno
                                Jetsgoat
                                Jetstop
                                Jets go nowhere
                                Jetblows

Any further submissions?

Comment

Working...
                                X