No announcement yet.

Jetsgo Ceases Operations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jetsgo adds in its filing: “In view of the fact that fares in the marketplace are at well below cost, there is currently no viable opportunity for a profitable [Jetsgo] business — despite its low cost.”
    annnd who's choice was it on the fare price?........

Comment

Originally posted by Da-BoB
      annnd who's choice was it on the fare price?........
      Woah! That's not the "in your face" victory dance I thought you'd do

Comment

Wow... it's all WestJet's fault... the blame couldn't possibly lie with the moron who drove two previous airlines he had control over into the ground, now could it?

Perhaps WestJet will pipe up and blame Jetsgo for contributing to it's first reported loss in over 8 years of profitability...

Perhaps AC will pipe up and blame Jetsgo for further inciting fare wars and taking them into bankruptcy?

It's easy to point fingers without looking in the mirror first... taking stabs at WestJet on the way out isn't going to change the fact that 17,000 passengers are stranded out there and 1,300+ people are out of work.

What a lame airline Jetsgo was, is, and always will be remembered as.
        My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Yup and all of the prices are going up right away. I really feel sorry for those who lost jobs...alot of them, about 1350.
          Thanks,
          Michael

Comment

So does anyone think that it is possible for Jetsgo to come out of this...alive. I mean, lets say they win 50 million or something ans smarten up with the saftey, is it possible? Personaly I don't think anyone would want to fly them because of all the bad media attention this is getting. But you never know what Jetsgo has up their sleves!
            Thanks,
            Michael

Comment

Originally posted by yyz-yvr
              So does anyone think that it is possible for Jetsgo to come out of this...alive.
              I'd think the damaged credibility alone would be enough to scare people off.

Comment

So does anyone think that it is possible for Jetsgo to come out of this...alive. I mean, lets say they win 50 million or something ans smarten up with the saftey, is it possible? Personaly I don't think anyone would want to fly them because of all the bad media attention this is getting. But you never know what Jetsgo has up their sleves!
                it would be pure luck if they got back flying... who would fly them with their hurt reputaion?

but the question is will they start flying again even though they said "we can't remain profitable with ticket prices below cost?"

they are gone for good imo

Comment

Originally posted by Da-BoB
                  it would be pure luck if they got back flying... who would fly them with their hurt reputaion?

but the question is will they start flying again even though they said "we can't remain profitable with ticket prices below cost?"

they are gone for good imo
                  I have a 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999% doubt they will ever fly, nor see a plane in there colors. Jetsgo wont come back up, but I belive in 5 years we will se another airline by mr.Lebanc.
                  -Kevin

Comment

So wait. If i flew like Vancouver to Toronto on vacation, im now stuck in toronto and they're telling me "Have a nice time, pay for your own flight home loser!!"

Comment

Originally posted by CanVoodoo
                      Any further submissions?
                      Jetsgone
                      Jetsgrounded

You can't watch T.V without hearing the word "Jetsgo" or "Jetsgone". Global news put the logo up on the screen and then made it a sad face. It is sad... but the sad there thinking and my sad are different.
                      Welcome to the wonderful world of the media, where you are free to slag whomever you want whenever you want

Comment

Originally posted by UA-F9 Guy
                        So wait. If i flew like Vancouver to Toronto on vacation, im now stuck in toronto and they're telling me "Have a nice time, pay for your own flight home loser!!"
                        pretty much. theres people stuck in LA even.

Comment

My 2 cents here.

It was inevitable. Too bad for the employees. I flew Jetsgo to T.O. last October and it was a nice flight. Very basic service. I'm sure the employees knew the writing on the wall on this one. Still, when a company goes out of buisness it is not good.

For yyz-yvr, I'm sorry to hear that your grandparents have to find another way to fly and loose their tickets.

BTW, does anybody in the forum think another new upstart outfit will try to emerge out of this to take a stab at Westjet and AC or is it truly the end of any cutthroat low fare outfits here in Canada?

My feeling is that it would be very difficult to combat an emerging Air Canada and Westjet now. These two would have to creep up their prices before any newcomer comes along and nips at their heels.

Oh well another chapter gone in Canadian aviation history.
                          Happiness is flying at FL400 and over 1000kmh

Comment

btw: My grandparents are really lucky compared to many people. They got one way out of it and they were booked to come back on April 30th. So they have lots of time to find another way to get home and for three people (the 2 of them & a friend) it was $800 roundtrip w/taxes. So those people who lost thousands of dollars...those are the ones that I really do feel sorry for.
                            Thanks,
                            Michael

Comment

^True enough my friend.

Imagine thousands of dollars out. I can just imagine when I flew with my family to visit my brother in Toronto (actually Oakville) last October and stepping into YVR and getting this notice OR being dropped off at YYZ this day and getting the notice. Pull out the plastic fantastic and rack it up baby! It's gonna be an expensive ride home.

Sad!
                              Happiness is flying at FL400 and over 1000kmh

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                                pretty much. theres people stuck in LA even.
                                Luckily, other airlines, including some US airlines will honor those tickets upon space availible, or give those pax discounted tickets.

Comment

Working...
                                X