The Bowling Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bowling Thread

Haven't seen one of these lately around here (in fact, haven't been around here for ages ), so I figured I'd post away...hehe...

Anyways...does anyone else here enjoy the great sport of bowling? I'm in a league myself (YBC, 5-pin), with a nice 230 average...I'm pretty proud of that one, considering I've only been in the sport for five years... High game of 408...started with a nine-bagger, missed the headpin in the 10th...that's how ya choke...

So, does anyone else here bowl?

Got 408 in a single game ? Surprising since the max is 300 .
    I bowl occasionally myself, but only as a hobby bowler. My average only hovers somewhere around 150, which is bad given that both my parents were very successful pro bowlers. Best game so far was 236 I bowled on a bowling alley in Jacksonville 5 or so years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
      Got 408 in a single game ? Surprising since the max is 300 .
      YWGJoe was referring to 5-pin bowling. It has a different scoring system. A perfect game is 450 points.

Ya, I bowl too, but very occasionally, mostly for parties and get togethers. I don't even want to share my average score... let's just say it's 2 digits

Comment

me and a bunch of friends go midnight bowling every friday night as often as we can. it's cool because the lights are turned off and black lights are turned on and there is a disco ball rotating in the middle. it's pretty fun.
        my best score is only a 155

Comment

Bowlings fun, but I don't do it much.
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I play Bowling and only for fall season. My high game is 222.

Comment

I got a 157.... I was kinda drunk... Thank goodness for beer, because my high game before beers was 96...... I SUCK.....

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                YWGJoe was referring to 5-pin bowling. It has a different scoring system. A perfect game is 450 points.
                Is that something you invented in Canuckland ?

Comment

I really enjoy bowling but I usually only get to do it a couple times a year. My best game is around 180. Average around 135.
                  Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

I've been in YABA since I was 3. I average about 175 with a high game of 266 (on 2 occasions), and a high series of 697

I currently roll a Columbia 300 Formula at Brunswick Zone Lilburn
                    The 266 was shot with a Columbia 300 Icon at AMF Snellville and the Reaction Rev at AMF Savannah
                    the 697 was shot with the Reaction Rev at AMF Snelville

Comment

Bowling rules...the essence of bowling fun can be witnessed in the film "The Big Lebowski"

Comment

i suck... played 5 games last night and my average was 100.5 my high game was 156. Love to bowl... looking into getting my own ball if I really start going more often.
                        In every organization, there will always be one person who knows what's going on. This person must be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by JJR
                          I got a 157.... I was kinda drunk... Thank goodness for beer, because my high game before beers was 96...... I SUCK.....
                          Right on!!! My highest game not drunk: 148, highest drunk: 203!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                            Bowling rules...the essence of bowling fun can be witnessed in the film "The Big Lebowski"

The Dude: Walter, ya know, its Smokey, so his foot slipped over the line a little, big deal.
                            Walter Sobchak: Dude, this is a league game, the winner of this gets to progress into the next round robin. Am I wrong? Am I wrong?
                            Smokey: Yeah but I wasn't over.
                            Walter Sobchak: [pulls out a gun] Smokey you are about to enter a world of pain.
                            Smokey: Yeah but...
                            Walter Sobchak: [shouting] A world of pain.
                            Smokey: Dude, could you...
                            The Dude: Jesus Walter, you bring a f***ing gun bowling?
                            Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one who pays attention to the rules any more?
                            Smokey: Yeah but...
                            Walter Sobchak: [shouting] You think i'm f***ing around? I'm not fucking around!
                            [points gun in Smokey's face]
                            Walter Sobchak: Mark it zero! F***ing mark it zero.
                            The Dude: They're calling the cops, man.
                            Smokey: All right, its f***ing zero. Are you happy now you crazy f**k?
                            Walter Sobchak: ...Its a league game Smokey...

It's been probably about 3 years since I last bowled. I think my best game was around 150.

Comment

where was this guy last night... I needed to borrow his gun for a few minutes. friggin 7 pin screwed up many a strike attempt! I swear it was glued down.

7 pin needed a cap in it IMO!
                              In every organization, there will always be one person who knows what's going on. This person must be fired.

Comment

Working...
                              X