Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here actually makes their own models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here actually makes their own models?

Just wondering if any of you guys make your own models, such as buying a plastic model and then painting and putting decals on it, etc... Anyone care to show some pictures? My first model I've made was an AH-64 Apache, my second one was an F-15 Eagle, and right now I'm currently working on my third model, an F/A-18 Hornet. The AH-64 looks like a slop since it was my first model ever to build and it's lopsided as well. The F-15 had a great improvement but the paint job doesn't look so great, that, and the fact that the nose cone fell off, so I have to fix that as well. I hope my F/A-18 will look at least a little better than my other two.
    My Pics!

I usually make my models using a minicraft kit.
    I have made the following(whether succesfully or not..)
    TWA
    757, MD-80
    American
    777,777,MD-80
    Continental
    United
    AirForce1

This I have made.

Comment

Let's see. I've built an F/A-18E Super Hornet a year back. Revell I think.

I also built a real nice B-1B Lancer a few months back. It's really detailed, manufactured by Panda Models. 1:144 scale.

I've also built a few smaller cheaper super-simple models like the F-4 Phantom (which I painted into 1960s US Navy colors), another B-1 Lancer, an F-14 Tomcat, C-5 Galaxy, an XB-70 Valkyrie, and a Tu-144 "concordski". Those were manufactured by Academy and are each roughly 8-10 inches long.

I hope your models go well. Good buildin' to ya!...

Comment

I do. Revell, Minicraft, Hasegawa etc.

Comment

I've always to make such models, but I have no patience, and worst of all, no talent.

Are there any books on the subject?

Comment

Originally posted by nyc_spotter
            I've always to make such models, but I have no patience, and worst of all, no talent.

Are there any books on the subject?
            Nyc spotter, you don't need talent, only patience!

Comment

Lots of it! Decals I just can't do.....
              Instead I paint!

Comment

I make the 1/44 scale plastic models if thats anything then i usually buy the Dragon Wings
                Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

Slightly different, but...

These models are made out of card. The designs have been improved a lot since I built the aircraft in the photo.

If you're interested, check out http://www.airigami.net
                  AIRIGAMI.NET
                  http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

Working...
                  X