Emirates fleet to carry logo on underside of aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emirates fleet to carry logo on underside of aircraft

The distinctive logo - the Emirates name in white on a red field - will be nearly 12 metres long, with the initial letter 'E' standing 2.3 metres tall, complementing the existing logo in gold on each side of the fuselage.

The new 777-300ER aircraft is the first of 30 such aircraft on order and for delivery from now until late 2008. All will carry the new underside logo, as will the existing Emirates fleet.
    looks like it'll be more fun for spotters out there

Originally posted by billiam
    looks like it'll be more fun for spotters out there
    Yup, and there is photo posted in this thread

Comment

...I bet in a few years, that space will be used for advertising.
      - The baby will be back -

Comment

woow.. thats actually very thoughtful by Emirates, their official signature to let us "spotters" know that it is them flying over at 50000ft so we wont have to grab our bible up or listen to the scanner ... yeh yeh ..

i would like to see them also with the "Keep discovering" tag ..
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Looks like a good idea
          Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

Comment

Originally posted by babypurin
            That's what I was thinking...logojets aren't the end of it. We'll have thousands of planes with advertisements on the bottom...or even the fuselage. What are the chances that aircraft will become like public buses soon, with the banana net advertisements?

Comment

Looks cheapish for an airline of EK's stature to do, I wouldnt want Virgin, Singapore, Malaysia or their likes doing so, its more suited to LCC's.

Comment

Re

What a good idea, but yea, it probs will be used for advertisin in a few years time, they'll probably have the Arsenal badge on the bottom - poor airplanes!
                DTVAirport

Comment

Originally posted by babypurin
                  Watch out, you're giving Micheal O'Leary ideas .

Comment

Originally posted by OY-KBN
                    woow.. thats actually very thoughtful by Emirates, their official signature to let us "spotters" know that it is them flying over at 50000ft so we wont have to grab our bible up or listen to the scanner ... yeh yeh ..

i would like to see them also with the "Keep discovering" tag ..
                    If you see an Emirates plane flying over at FL500 you give me a shout. Heck i'd pay good money to see that

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                      If you see an Emirates plane flying over at FL500 you give me a shout. Heck i'd pay good money to see that

Omigosh, did I push it too far up ???...

was it too much ........
                      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
                        That's what I was thinking...logojets aren't the end of it. We'll have thousands of planes with advertisements on the bottom...or even the fuselage. What are the chances that aircraft will become like public buses soon, with the banana net advertisements?
                        What if they put an automated banner on the bottom with messages like the blimp?
                        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by OY-KBN
                          Omigosh, did I push it too far up ???...

was it too much ........
                          yeah by about 11,000 - 15,000 ft lol

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                            What if they put an automated banner on the bottom with messages like the blimp?
                            Who knows what the future holds

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
                              Call America West, they seem to like the idea of advertising in the cabin.
                              - The baby will be back -

Comment

Working...
                              X