What equipment do I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What equipment do I need?

I'm gonna start doing some of my own planespotting on a small scale, just stuff at my local airport, (MME/EGNV).

What do I need? My Dad has got a digital camera, not sure how good it is but it should do, and I've heard something about a planespotters 'bible', I presume this is a small book which u record aircraft registrations in, what else do I need?
    DTVAirport

You dont need any of that stuff, get yourself some sunshine and a coolbox filled with beer and your good to go

Comment

Without a doubt you're going to need lots and lots of money to spend on cameras, lenses, tripods, camera bags, binoculars, photo editing software and a new computer. Plus every moment of your spare time to devote to the hobby.

Or...

You can go to your local airport with your digital camera and have a good time taking pictures of airplanes.

My photos on Jetphotos.net

Comment

Hiya chris,Ive got a fujifinepix s3000(a great starter camera).Its easy to use and its about £200.You can pick up a cheap pair of binoculars.And i dont know about other airports but in manchester they sell a book which has all the reg numbers.
        Any more questions add my msn or email me

Kind regards sam

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
          You dont need any of that stuff, get yourself some sunshine and a coolbox filled with beer and your good to go
          That is the best answer i have heard for a while!

Seriously if it is only for your own enjoyment you do not need anything more than a digital point and shoot. If you want to upload to the aviation photo sites then i would reccoment considering a high end copact or a digital slr with a telephoto lens.

Ask any questions on here, everyone is willing to help!

Chris
          Chris Sharps
          5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
          17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
          24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
          1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

If you gonna go just for personel enjoyment, dont bother with cameras or such, just turn up at the airport when you can. If you want to start taking photos, I would recomend a Olympus C-7xx, easy to learn on, give great quality when used correctly.
            Sam Rudge
            A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Working...
            X