RIP Colin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Colin

well this week has been rough on a bunch of us here at Burnet HS and in the surrounding community. one of our own was killed saturday in a car wreck on Saturday morning about 11. weird thing is, i woke up about 11 that day.
    Colin was the quiet type, until you started getting him to talk about golf. then he just wouldn't shut up. he was on the golf team and on the drumline. he was one of those guys who would try to do something, and if you told him he did something wrong, he would do it over and over again trying to fix it. he just never gave up.
    we have retired his bass drum for now and aren't going to march it at least next year. i'll try to get a picture of it and show you guys what it looks like.
    we had a golf tournament yesterday, and it felt kinda weird without him playing. it was at our home course, too. coach gave us all a black ribbon and a green ribbon to wear, and i still have mine on my hat.
    he didn't speak up quite often, but the effect it has on all of us is deep. i'm starting to choke up right now, to tell you the truth.
    we just learned today that his funeral is friday at 2. what's really kinda cool, though, is that his mom and dad asked for the drumline to be the pallbearers friday and the symphonic band is going to play a piece called "In Memorium Kristina" which was originally written for a french horn player that died in '96 or so, but we've renamed it "In Memorium: Colin" for this occasion.
    don't think i can really write anymore as i'm choking up.

RIP Colin, you are very sorely missed, but we all know you are watching over us from heaven

Originally posted by fjki98
    whos colin?
    Great way to be sensative

My condolences

Comment

Sorry bout your loss man, that's gotta be really hard to deal with. That said, people need to be more careful with cars, too many people take driving for granted and think nothing can happen to them.

Comment

Real sorry to hear that...
        Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss.
          YBBN - James

Comment

Our sincere condolences to you and your ring of family and friends. Losing a friend at such a young age seems so senseless. Let the Joy of the Easter season help extinguish the pain of losing such a close friend.
            Our prayers are with Colin, his family and his friends.
            Culture is roughly anything we do that the monkeys do not. --Lord Raglan
            For more of my shots have a look at www.okairpix.smugmug.com

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss :'(

It's wierd that you hear about all these car crashes but never do you think that it will happen to someone close to you

Comment

what happened though was he was driving in the inside lane on 281 and an 18 yr old girl had a blowout or something while heading the other direction and swerved into his lane. Colin was pretty much the safest driver i knew.

thanks guys.

Comment

He was in the wrong place at the wrong time then

Comment

i'm sorry for your Loss man
                    Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
                    - Metzgermeister

Comment

I'm very deepely heartened to hear about your loss. May Colin rest in peace. Car Accidents involving death are really hard to deal with. My fiance died about a year and a half ago in a car accident so I know exactly what you must be going through. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss and hope that his times in this world were good. Sorry mate.

PS: If you want to talk about it, just message me.

-Pete
                      Pete Ganabathi
                      Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

My deepest condolences . May he rest in peace and live on in Paradise.
                        Nonetheless I admit the topic header caught me a bit off guard.

Comment

Sorry about your loss. I'm lucky enough that I never experienced something like this yet, so I'll probably never understand your feelings now...
                          It's not fair that you often hear about crap happening to nice people while bad people manage to get away...

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                          Nonetheless I admit the topic header caught me a bit off guard.
                          I thought the same when I saw the topic

Comment

Thats hard to deal with. Last year at my school 3 people died, a teacher from breast cancer, a student in a skiing accident, and the librarian to an illness, and all happened in the same month. Its really hard to accept the fact that a person is gone forever . RIP
                            sigpic
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Really sorry to hear that Im sure your realy upset.Tell his familly that the whole of JP are thinging of you and your loss

Comment

Working...
                              X