No announcement yet.

Behind, In Front Of, or Over the Wing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behind, In Front Of, or Over the Wing?

Well I get to choose my seats on the Delta flights to LAS and I have the following choices.

Song - I took 6E and 6F (me and mom going) in the front cabin.
    Delta 767-400 - I took 43 in the back but I could also have something in the very front of the wing or directly over the wing...which would be better for pictures and stuff?
    Delta 737-800 - Well it's only a 737 but still...I took 30A and 30B because SeatGuru gave those a little better than some of the others...behind the wing.

Front of engine

Comment

It all really depends on your preference. I mean, if you enjoy to see flap configuration, like myself, then choose a seat behind the wing. I rarely choose a seat over the wing; it blocks out the scenery, you can't see the engine, and you cannot see the flaps too well. Sometimes, I choose a seat a little bit in front of the engine, just enough to turn my head and have a look inside. Seats like these are for those who enjoy to see the fan blades and reverse thrust.

Just a little note: Try flying behind the wing on one flight, and try flying near the engine on the return flight, or vice versa. Get the best of both views!
      Christos Sikoutris
      -----
      UPCOMING FLIGHT(S):
      FLIGHT DATE SEGMENT DPTR ARVL EQP ELPD MILES
      #KLM0644 02JUN JFK-AMS 22H50 12H10 B772 7h20 3643
      #KLC1407 03JUN AMS-MRS 14H50 16H50 F70 2h00 613
      -----
      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Well since your a small little shit steve, it doesnt matter if you have emergency exit rows or not . Go for behind the wing, thats my favorite choice 9/10 times. I love watching the flap configuration. I find the front of the a/c to be the least amount of noise. But your preference, have a fun trip, maybe I'll fuel your peice.
        Ryan Davis
        Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
        www.flyerguide.net

Comment

I sat in 5F on Song and it was very enjoyable. Those front rows are separated from the back and middle of the plane so you're like not as cluttered or whatever and the TVs in the seats rock! (ESPECIALLY the Trivia! That was like the best part! That's something you must do on Song, play that )

Comment

- Hey Steve, after seeing you land the other day.... ease up on your flare son, your not in an MD-80 bro .
            Ryan Davis
            Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
            www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Ok dude....shut up about that now... :P

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
                Ok dude....shut up about that now... :P

Sorry, I had to...
                Ryan Davis
                Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
                www.flyerguide.net

Comment

I like to have sex behind the wing, but sometimes, in the front is just as good...over, uhm never tried that position, is it something new?

Alex
                  Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Sit rite next to the wing, if theres a crash, ur on the strongest part of the aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by YYZPICS
                      Sit rite next to the wing, if theres a crash, ur on the strongest part of the aircraft.
                      Yeah, and the part of aircraft full of explosive jet-fuel too! He's asking photo-wise, not safety-wise. The latter is of much greater debate.

I personally say behind the wing, because if you are over the wing as it might block the view, if you are taking a photo of the scenery (the sky and sun, above the horizon I hope, don't matter).

Also if you are behind the wing, you don't have to wait for the object on the ground to enter your view. If you are in front, you have to wait until the object passes to get the wing + object in view at the same time. With a seat in the back of the aircraft, you don't have to (provided your seat faces the front of the aircraft!)

Comment

Originally posted by Legend_Airlines
                        Yeah, and the part of aircraft full of explosive jet-fuel too! He's asking photo-wise, not safety-wise. The latter is of much greater debate.

I personally say behind the wing, because if you are over the wing as it might block the view, if you are taking a photo of the scenery (the sky and sun, above the horizon I hope, don't matter).

Also if you are behind the wing, you don't have to wait for the object on the ground to enter your view. If you are in front, you have to wait until the object passes to get the wing + object in view at the same time. With a seat in the back of the aircraft, you don't have to (provided your seat faces the front of the aircraft!)
                        Regardless where you are, your going up in flames if jet fuel ignites....dont forget about the center tank which is below the aircraft, and fwd/aft tanks . Fuel is running through them walls baby! (Sarcasm)
                        Ryan Davis
                        Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
                        www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Originally posted by ExpressJet145
                          maybe I'll fuel your peice
                          He he he he

* Tanuj pulls mind out of gutter

That reminds me of one of the Jeff Foxworthy jokes - something along the lines of:

"A single man can take anything a woman says and change it into sexual innuendo. A woman in a bar asks the guys there where she can get her tires rotated...all the single men in the bar are sitting there thinking baby I'd "rotate your tires" anytime..."

"The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

hahaha, I was referring to his flight. I dont swing that way, sorry to dissapoint you...
                            Ryan Davis
                            Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
                            www.flyerguide.net

Comment

I generally prefer behind the wing since I like being back where all the noise is as well as my newfound hobby of recording the cabin noises with the Sound Studio utility on my iBook.

Comment

Working...
                              X