No announcement yet.

LH to announce FRA-YEG.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first glance it may appear that Edmonton is an inherently unattractive place to visit.
    Well, you certainly nailed that fact on the head...
    My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Originally posted by A332
      Well you do know why all the trees in Edmonton lean to the South, right?

Comment

Originally posted by AC_A340-500
        Well you do know why all the trees in Edmonton lean to the South, right?
        Yup
        CALGARY SUCKS!
        BTW The wife's from the city of cows!
        Who's on first?..........

Comment

Gotta love that lowbrow Edmontonian humour...

Is that all you guys do up there in your blue-collar wasteland... sit around and conjure new anti-Calgary remarks as a way to extinguish your jealousy over the fact our local businessmen run this province, and may soon run this country as well...?

Or that you're Alberta's shithole city...? Make that Western Canada's shithole city...

Which is it?
          My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Originally posted by canair67
            Yup
            CALGARY SUCKS!
            You've obviosuly never been to Calgary then if you think that Edmonton is better... Edmonton is totally a dirty and filthy city... everytime I go up there to visit my friends it sure makes me happy I don't live there and get to go back to a nice clean city. Calgary also seems to have a ranking on the best places in the world to live, Edmonton is not even an honourable mention... hmmmm

Comment

Is that all you guys do up there in your blue-collar wasteland... sit around and conjure new anti-Calgary remarks as a way to extinguish your jealousy over the fact our local businessmen run this province, and may soon run this country as well...?

Or that you're Alberta's shithole city...? Make that Western Canada's shithole city...

Which is it?
              Neither, you lovely ray of sunstroke. I am impressed with your command of the English language. Grade eight perhaps?
              Did you notice the smiley I included in my post? Or do you need an eye exam? If you open your mouth, be ready to swallow. Even though you do reside there, I won't hold Calgary responsible for your attitude. I still like Calgary anyway.
              BlueMatt, I have family in Calgary, and spend a great deal of time in Calgary.So don't give me your squeeky whiney rant about how great your city is and what you believe Edmonton is not. I'll bet I know more of Calgary than you do of Edmonton. That makes you quite ignorant. Therefor you aught make sure you know of what your speaking, lest you prove further just how rediculous and arrogant your post sounds.

Back to the thread you bratty kids!
              I made my point much earlier!

I don't see the viability of this routing. Why? For the reasons you already stated. If our national airline doesn't see the profit margin for this route with 1 million + people, who is to say a foriegn airline does? Sounds like a crap shoot to me.
              Not to mention though I will. YYC is a superior airport to YEG period. Distance to the city, ammenities at the airport, ect. I'm the first to say I think EG has a loooooooooong way to go before it can claim to be a truly international airport. Perminate international routes would be a start. A hotel at the airport seems like an idea. My wife's Uncle was saying that Calgary is pushing to have LRT extended out to the terminal. Forward thinking. EG is 20 miles out from anywhere. Stupid idea then and now!

Comment

True I really didn't need to go on a rant as its a known fact calgary is a better place then edmonton.. but I wasn't the one that started the arrogant posts on this thread, I beleive that honour goes to you

Comment

Originally posted by BlueMatt
                  True I really didn't need to go on a rant as its a known fact calgary is a better place then edmonton.. but I wasn't the one that started the arrogant posts on this thread, I beleive that honour goes to you
                  What do you base your incredibly wise assertion of the city you live in? As for who threw the first volly? HMMMMM lets see!
                  Edmonton is the working class city... always has been, always will be.
                  suck it up if you disagree... you don't hear folk in Winnipeg complaining about a lack of international connections, why is Edmonton any different?
                  AC_A340-500 At first glance it may appear that Edmonton is an inherently unattractive place to visit.

Which is it?

BlueMatt
                  Edmonton is totally a dirty and filthy city... everytime I go up there to visit my friends it sure makes me happy I don't live there and get to go back to a nice clean city.
                  So. After injesting the mounds of visual waste from A332 on this thread,who's been spewing verbal diareah? Need we go further with this. I think so.
                  Secondly, My wife is Calgarian and thankfully does not possess such a selfriteous, holier than attitude! Neither do most Calgarians. I could list the things wrong with Calgary. Why lower myself. My comment was intended as a joke. Get over it!
                  Lastly, get your facts straight about and who's posting what. And until you know anything of substance in regard to where I live, don't offer your inacurate shallow opinions. I trust you understand what I just said? Comprende`?

Comment

This thread has gone on for waaaaaaay to long.

Comment

Originally posted by canair67
                      Yup
                      CALGARY SUCKS!
                      *Ahem* And who is it talking about an 8th Grade education here?

Anyways, I agree with ptbodale... this has gone on way too long. See you at the next YEG Boy thread. I'm out.
                      My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

I really thought they were going to add a US city first, I was pretty sure that PIT would be started in conjunction with Bayer. PIT would probably already have LH if US didn't use to fly the route when PDX was awarded the flight. PDX beat out SEA, STL, MSY, and SAN from most accounts...

Comment

*Ahem* And who is it talking about an 8th Grade education here?

Anyways, I agree with ptbodale... this has gone on way too long. See you at the next YEG Boy thread. I'm out.
                          As I said.My comments were not intended in a hostile manner. Suck it up and try not to be so foul and ngative. As for this thread, I agree. Time to drop it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueMatt
                            You've obviosuly never been to Calgary then if you think that Edmonton is better... Edmonton is totally a dirty and filthy city... everytime I go up there to visit my friends it sure makes me happy I don't live there and get to go back to a nice clean city. Calgary also seems to have a ranking on the best places in the world to live, Edmonton is not even an honourable mention... hmmmm
                            Get real. Both cities are so incredibly similar in terms of size, population, area, demographics, crime rates, infrastructure, cost of living, employment rates, income, GDP, new business starts, real estate market, and economic growth, that it's not even funny. Sure, Calgary has got the title in terms of corporate head offices, so what? Edmonton is the capital city, so what? Calgary's proximity to the mountains is fantastic, so what? Edmonton has a 30 000 plus sized University, which adds vibrance like only a university town has, so what?

Your comments about filthy this and dirty that are... so... very... childish. (No offense if you actually are a child, of course.)

Comment

Ok,would all ya little calgary folks quit yer crying already,really its old already.I lived in calgary for about 4 years and no complaints not a bad city,although it sure would be nice to see some good sports teams come outta there.Saying Edmonton is filthy?Grab a brain or atleast half of one,the area around calgarys north end is FILTHY,just like every other city on the face of this planet.As most folks will see people in calgary can be pretty darn ignorant and i hope these people arent setting a example for calgary,because man i wouldnt want to be visitor to this ''friendly'' city.Then again i coulda been born a calgary flame....
                              Fly Edmonton first.Canadas gateway to the north.

Comment

This is really stupid.

LH is not going to Edmonton.

Think about it... if Lufthansa had 1 slot available in Franfkurt and or 1 aircraft available for use this usmmer... do you honestly think they would fly to Edmonton.

I can name you at least 10 city-pairs that will see service before YEG.

PIT-FRA
                                YVR-MUC
                                MCO-MUC
                                DEN-MUC
                                MEX-MUC
                                MUC-GRU
                                MUC-BOM
                                MUC-JNB

Stop the non-sense, LH aint going to YEG

Comment

Working...
                                X