No announcement yet.

LH to announce FRA-YEG.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL and you guys say calgarians are whiners... mmmhmmm.. take a look in the mirror guys

FLYYUL, any reason as to why the MUC-YVR route was not added to the summer skeds this year??

Comment

Originally posted by BlueMatt
      LOL and you guys say calgarians are whinners... mmmhmmm.. take a look in the mirror guys
      No, no. Not whinners cause that sounds too much like "winners". We meant whiners (with a long "i").

BTW, where's the smilie pannel? I have to manually enter the smilies...

Originally posted by FLYYUL
      This is really stupid.
      Think about it... if Lufthansa had 1 slot available in Franfkurt and or 1 aircraft available for use this usmmer...
      Ummm... do they in fact only have one aircraft and one slot available, or did you just want to introduce a hypothetical situation for argument's sake?

Comment

Grab a brain or atleast half of one,the area around calgarys north end is FILTHY
        I hope you're going to plead ignorance, because Calgary's north end is anything but dirty... I happen to own a home in NW Calgary, a quadrant with very high land values and low crime... it's anything but dirty.

I think I can safely say anything that comes out of your mouth is pure bullocks "YEG Boy".. you're just full of it.

Oh, and could you take a lesson in spelling and punctuation please... your keyboarding and grammatical skills are atrocious!
        My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

"Ummm... do they in fact only have one aircraft and one slot available, or did you just want to introduce a hypothetical situation for argument's sake?"

-Do you think an airline like Lufthansa would have aircraft not flying this summer.. just hanging around so they can conveniently fly to Edmonton

Of course not. Lufthansa's summer sked is done, and this is the maximum flying that they can do with the current aircraft allocation.

Given that more aircraft will come, its safe to assume that Lufthansa has many more widebody priorities than Edmonton.

Think of MUC alone:
          -Mumbai daily
          -Delhi Daily
          -Dubai return
          -Montreal year-round
          -Vancouver
          -Miami year-round etc
          -Sao Paulo

As for Vancouver-Munich... I dont know perhaps the route wasnt profitable in summer 2004, so therefore they decided to send it elsewhere.

This discussion is ridiculous. I cant believe some people and their "sources".

And If I were Lufthansa, I would fly Ottawa-Frankfurt before Edmonton (high-yield govt bureaucrats with our taxpayer's dollars)

Comment

-Do you think an airline like Lufthansa would have aircraft not flying this summer.. just hanging around so they can conveniently fly to Edmonton
            So if an airline like LH never has aircraft or slots available, then how do you suppose new routes get introduced? Is/was it not plausible to assume that perhaps an aircraft/slot would get freed up because a different route had their service reduced?

And who is talking about summer schedule? If I remember correctly, there was no talk about summer; supposedly, service was to commence in Fall.

Given that more aircraft will come, its safe to assume that Lufthansa has many more widebody priorities than Edmonton.

-Vancouver
            If you go back and read the previous posts through, you'll discover that this discussion is about a thrice-weekly YEG service - but as an extension of additional YVR service. YVR BTW has enjoyed exceptional load factors, so it's not unreasonable to assume that LH would want to increase service there.

Comment

["]So if an airline like LH never has aircraft or slots available, then how do you suppose new routes get introduced? Is/was it not plausible to assume that perhaps an aircraft/slot would get freed up because a different route had their service reduced? "

-Almost all of LH's new routes are being launched from Munich.

In the last 3 years alone, Lufthansa has opened MUNICH-YUL/BOS/CLT/IAD/MIA/YVR/DEL/THR/BKK

Lufthansa has only launched PDX out of FRA, and re-positioned the MUC-JNB-CPT to FRA.

So it is very safe to assume, that Lufthansa is facing slot and facility congestion at FRA.

"If you go back and read the previous posts through, you'll discover that this discussion is about a thrice-weekly YEG service - but as an extension of additional YVR service. YVR BTW has enjoyed exceptional load factors, so it's not unreasonable to assume that LH would want to increase service there."

-Exceptional load factos is a flawed argument.

Many airlines have exceptional load factor, but it does not mean that maximum profit conditions are maximized.

The Canadian market is extremely seasonal, especially across the Atlantic, which is why we see Lufthansa's A343's on YYZ and YVR come winter, and suspension of the YUL-MUC service for winter.

Furthermore, LH operates D-AIMG and D-AIMF to Canada in the winter, which are the only 2 A340's with non-new business clas product... which says a lot about the profitability of theser services

Comment

-Exceptional load factos is a flawed argument.
                Load factors are hardly a flawed argument. But I agree that they are only one aspect, albeit a very important one in most cases.

Comment

And If I were Lufthansa, I would fly Ottawa-Frankfurt before Edmonton (high-yield govt bureaucrats with our taxpayer's dollars)
                  Yeah, like I mentioned earlier, these FRA-YOW rumours keep on resurfacing!
                  Will F.
                  Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Why Edmonton?!!!

Well other than the fact that it has such limited international services from carriers other than AC or charter Transat or Monarch or Skyservice flights, I wonder why Edmonton? If they do, they should try doing it with the new 330 first.

For Calgary, they deserve service in and of itself, independent of YVR. LH could operate a season YYC-MUC flight too using the 330s as the lab rats, or even the 763s operated by LH (I think 763's look good with LH livery by the way). But for YYC-FRA, a 330 is justifiable. What do you think?

By the way, I flew COPA this morning on Clase Ejecutiva product. It's nice! Food is not so good. I had what some call "Montezuma's Revenge" (cited in Iberia magazine's article on traveler's diahhrea) for breakfast. I had french toast. You can never imagine what i found in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    I put syrup and jam only to find that there was meat. At first, I chomped down thinking it was ham. It then tasted a bit fishy. I picked it out (not very refined of me) and found it was SALMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    SALMON, JAM AND SYRUP for French toast!!!!!!!!!!!

Service was excellent this morning on COPA 308. I was the first one on, and I thought maybe the only! For a while, at least, it seemed that way.

I am writing now from PTY in the Presidents' Club lounge jointly operated with none other than my beloved CO!!!!!!! Great airline too!

Take care all!
                    FLY COPA AIRLINES - Beauty that Graces the Skies of Latin America, Youngest Fleet in Latin America
                    Convenience from "Hub of the Americas" at Tocumen International Airport.

Comment

They are so much a flawed argument.

The argument is yield.

We are in no position to comment on profitability on any service.

Profitability is determined based on yield. What is the average fare / over the stage length = yield.

If China-Frankfurt fills the aircraft at 90% at a superior yield than YVR-FRA, then YVR-FRA's relative profitability is low.

Again, YVR-MUC was cut last summer. Lufthansa, one of the most advanced and sophisticated airlines in terms of yield management and revenue forecasting, does not CUT anything that doesnt make financial size.

So take it or leave it..

Comment

Wow why is that edmonton is not getting any new routes period according to so many airline ''experts'' that problay dont have a clue about YEG.I once thought airwhiners.net was full of negativity but it seems nearly as bad on here aswell.Why do you all care so much about slamming Edmonton?Are you all really that ignorant?Its nice to see there are some grown ups on here.As for Edmonton being a working class city,Calgary really isnt that much diffrent than us up here in YEG with the exception of a few head offices,Edmonton is canadas gateway to the north that is why most northern airlines serve YEG and not YYC,Edmonton is were most oil companies base there offices,and i could go on but i wont and lets not forget Jasper is very close to Edmonton and is booming with tourists.I personally have had enough of the YYC-YEG debate and wont be participating in this crap anymore of slamming eachother.

P.S. LH IS coming to YEG mark my words....
                        Fly Edmonton first.Canadas gateway to the north.

Comment

yeah ok YEGBOY.

You are nuts if you think Lufthansa is going to spare, a valuable resource such as an A340, on a route such as Edmonton.

If anything, this is a route that lufthansa should joint-venture with Air Canada, flying AC metal.

Lufthansa WILL NOT fly to Edmonton.

Again, if Lufthansa has a spare 343 sitting around not flying, its in their interest to fly Vancouver-Munich before Edmonton-Frankfurt.

This is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
                            Yeah, like I mentioned earlier, these FRA-YOW rumours keep on resurfacing!
                            The flying Sea-Serpent is taking off unless this is Nessie out of Loch Ness who gets airborne

Alain
                            Thanks for visiting
                            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                            *JetPhotos*
                            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

This is ridiculous.
                              What's ridiculous is that people keep posting. Lets wait a year then pick up the thread again and point noses and middle fingers at whoever's wrong.

-Sturla

Comment

Can you believe it? This thread is the 13th most popular thread here of all time, in terms of total posts! Ooops, better make that 12th most popular

-quote- What's ridiculous is that people keep posting. Lets wait a year then pick up the thread again and point noses and middle fingers at whoever's wrong. -/quote-

Ok, agreed, let's bury the issue for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X