Flying on a CRJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying on a CRJ?

Im going to Ottawa in 6 days, flying back on a CRJ. Whats it like on one since this will me my first time on it?

Whats T/O like, cabin comfort, noise, smoothness of flight, and landing?
    Whats it like at night?

Thanks
    -Kevin

Originally posted by ACman
    Im going to Ottawa in 6 days, flying back on a CRJ. Whats it like on one since this will me my first time on it?

Whats T/O like, cabin comfort, noise, smoothness of flight, and landing?
    Whats it like at night?

Thanks
    Which One? The difference between a 200 and 700/900 is too big to give a general statement.
    - The baby will be back -

Comment

It goes up and comes down safely, thats it plain and simple. Just like any other greyhound in the sky. Oh and there is a loud bang when the gear comes down.

Comment

I'm assuming you're flying AC, if your not then disregard what i'm saying. I flew a Jazz CRJ between YQT and YYZ last year and found it to be quite enjoyable. Leather seats and pretty good leg room. If you are tall however it may be somewhat uncomfortable since it is a pretty low aircraft. The take-off was powerful and I enjoyed it very much. If you get some turbulence though I found it to be pretty rough in such a small aircraft, you get tossed around pretty good. For me I enjoyed that since I find turbulence to be a welcomed relief from the normal smooth cruise. Landing again was a little rough since it got tossed around pretty good in the wind coming into YYZ.

Overall I found it to be a nice aircraft, very quiet and quite comfortable.

I've never flown it at night so I can't tell you anything about that, would imagine it would be just like flying any other aircraft at night though.

Dave

Comment

CRJ's may seem a little small, but i've found them to be kinda cool. the best part about a CRJ, though, is the nose-down attitude on approach instead of level or high and instead of flaring upon landing, they just pull it up to level.

Comment

If it's anything like the ERJ I was on, it's SMALL inside.

Comment

Originally posted by klck
              It goes up and comes down safely, thats it plain and simple. Just like any other greyhound in the sky. Oh and there is a loud bang when the gear comes down.
              Dont be a smarta$$, if I (or anyone) cant come onto this forum and ask a simple question without getting a strait REAL answer then theres no point in asking questions.

And no im not attacking him, im simply stating something which is realy anoying.
              -Kevin

Comment

I was not being a smartass. There really is a loud bang when the gear comes down since its a gravity drop style gear. They go up and come down safely, and air travel today is not much more then a greyhound bus in the sky. Nothing that is not true. Well maybe AC is a little better than US airlines so I will adjust my statement a little. Since I have not flown on them.

Comment

The bathroom on the CRJ is so small that its almost impossible to fit your entire body inside and still close the door. The seat width is not very wide.
                  DELTA- Don't Expect Luggage To Arrive

Comment

Small. I'm not very tall but by the time I got off all my flights I was quite happy. To see through the window I had to lean forward. I personally found the ERJ to be much nicer.

CRJ Flights:
                    FLL-MCO (comair -200)
                    CLT-ATL (PSA -700)

ERJ flights
                    ATL-PHL

Comment

Bad:
                      Windows
                      Seat pitch
                      Seat width
                      Comfort
                      Head room
                      Shoulder room (on window seats--due to cabin curvature)
                      Noise (back row or 2)

Good:
                      Hmm...
                      It gets you there.

Hopefully.

Comment

I flew on a CL600 (comair N952CA) and was very comfortable. Stay away from the ERJ 135 it's a coffin with wings
                        In every organization, there will always be one person who knows what's going on. This person must be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by klck
                          I was not being a smartass. There really is a loud bang when the gear comes down since its a gravity drop style gear. They go up and come down safely, and air travel today is not much more then a greyhound bus in the sky. Nothing that is not true. Well maybe AC is a little better than US airlines so I will adjust my statement a little. Since I have not flown on them.
                          how is "it goes up and down safely" not being a smartassed answer?
                          -Kevin

Comment

does it not go up and come back down safely?

Comment

remember the old saying... every takeoff is optional, every landing is manditory!

The windows on my comair flight were'nt aligned with the seat so expect to be leaning forward. Other than that very comfortable ride, just wait till the reversers kick in after landing... damn!
                              In every organization, there will always be one person who knows what's going on. This person must be fired.

Comment

Working...
                              X