New Aircraft Type Format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Aircraft Type Format

As JetPhotos continues to mature as a wealth of information and photographs we have been amending the original aircraft types for accuracy and becoming more strict on 'bad info'.

The most obvious changes are:

1. Standardisation on brackets instead of slashes for non-certified information. A good example is a Boeing 767-338(ER), not 338/ER. Why the need? Boeing did not re-certify the 767 to be an ER so it is in brackets as it is not reflected on the aircraft's type certificate. Other examples are (ET), (F), (Adv) etc. Please do not include "/" in your uploads, if the autofill generates it could you please amend it to "()" and send us an autofill correction.

2. Douglas/McDonnel Douglas civilian types are not going to adopt 'Boeing' information. Models up to and including the DC-8 will be 'Douglas' and the DC-9 onwards will be 'McDonnell Douglas'.

3. British Aerospace BAe 146s and RJs will all come under 'British Aerospace'. Avro was a marketting term for the RJ so the types will be 'British Aerospace BAe 146-100' and 'British Aerospace Avro RJ70' etc. Please note there is no hyphen between BAe and 146, again please correct the autofill as necessary.

4. Lockheed Tristars have been standardised on the 'Lockheed L-1011-1 Tristar' format. Acceptable series are the -1, -100, -200, -250 and -500, plus (F) and RAF models.

These changes have been incorporated but poor information from uploads will corrupt the list so please be careful. feel free to post any additions or corrections you can see here and I will endevour to incorporate them!

Thanks,

AJ.
    Last edited by AJ; 2005-03-30, 08:20.

Embraer and Beechcraft/Beech/Raytheon will be added tonight.

Please let me know what you think or if anything can be improved. Thanks!

Comment

Dash 8s and CRJs have now been standardised under Bombardier.

I realise that Dash 8s have been built by De Havilland Canada, Boeing and Bombardier, but the majority in our database are Bombardier products. In addition all Dash 8s produced since late 1996 are 'Q' models.

Comment

I am sure I will think of something while screening .. Good work AJ.

Jid.

Comment

what about those people who build kitplanes - such as the europa ? - the builder is often entered as the manufacturer but this is incorrect as the kit is manufactured by european aviation and sold in kit form to be assembled by others.

Comment

Boeing F-18F Super Hornet is there, but there is no E version which is the single seater?

Comment

Hi Top Gun, types can be added using the link on the upload page!

Comment

thanks AJ, I found that after posting here. I made the submission and will update my new upload after it's been added.

Appreciate the post

Comment

Working...
                X