What do you think Of PIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think Of PIA

I mean What do you think of it. PIA (Pakistan international airline) Flag carrier
    serves more then 40 destination around the world > New destination in consider.. Syndey,Losangeles,Michigan,and American West coast,glasgow, and shangi china back again .
    has 743s 777s and more coming..737..310.. and more in flight check out the website i dunno alot.. lol
    I think they hsould considere buying now 744s since they need it soo much them selfe.. or maybe A380 considereing one flight from uae or menchester with PIA 380 will be all filled up..
    anyone got news on when will they start on there los angeles
    i know the route they said " from karachi to islamabad to tokyo and los angeles maybe one more destination and want 5th freedom right "said.
    thye might be using there 743s or hope to buy 744s and use those and or maybe 777.
    and there first long flight for longest range aircraft 777LR will be between Karachi and HOuston.
    There business class is very good now you can see it on pics from there 777

Sadly, I think today in America, unless you are an aviation freak most people avoid PIA for their name rather than service. I know a lot of families in my area who have spent a lot more money to go to places in the U.K. and other places just to be on a 'safer' airline.
    - The baby will be back -

Comment

Originally posted by royal PK
      I mean What do you think of it. PIA (Pakistan international airline)
      I think they're cr@p.

I was based in Islamabad for two years & used to fly back to the UK every couple of months or so and although I was paying for the tickets myself I always booked business class (tickets bought in Pakistan are unbelievably cheap compared with many other countries).

I did one return trip on PIA and no-more. I was quite happy to pay the extra $500 or so & fly on Emirates via DXB instead.

RJP
      View my photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

well, sorry to hear your bad exprience ad whats wrong with the name PIA?
        I always travelled with PIA and exprinced on American airline and GUlf Air.. and you dont wunna know what happen.. but ill tell ya
        Gulf Air I lost half of my lagguage and the food was soo bad that next airport stop my stomach HUrted so badly I had to throw up.
        American airlines TUrbelence during whole flight time the pliot coudnt keep the aircraft straight and it was at night over atlantic and Arriving really late new york.. But just to tell you guys some of these airlines may look good but they suck.. however yea I like emirates infact i think its one of the best airline..
        but PIA has changed alot then 2 years ago the food is good and NO turbelence at all except during approach on really bad weather afcourse.. I tried PIA 4 years ago and i still liked it but now my friend went on and he said its amazing an di looked up sites and you can tell by the image
        THanks

Comment

well just a minor thing, but you can't really judge an airline based on the amount of turbulence.

Comment

There is a lot to be done here, just for two :
            -Fleet looks pretty unbalanced and far too diverse, until recently we had not less than 3 747 variants (217Bs, 240Bs, 367s), each one powered by a different brand of engines (P&W for the 217s, GE CF6-50s for the 240s, RR RB211s for the 367s), so much for standardization and streamlined operational costs. One can see they are chasing money to the extend of making some tactical mistakes in terms of fleet planning ... And should the State Department would have not come along with a gift-voucher for the triple-sevens, it could be also seen PK has ordered nothing since the deliveries of the last 737-300s and A310s.
            -As for marketing and sales, except for selling rock-bottom priced tickets, the related departments could been seen as real organizational disasters.
            For one, they admittingly convinced Air France to pull out from Karachi, but what about filling AF void : NADA/NOTHING/Nichts/QUE DALE...... Not only they have been pitifully standing at a couple of weekly frequencies, but they donwgraded to 3-tens as well. As for the all cargo flight, its Gone with the Winds....
            Sorry to be harsh mate
            Alain
            Thanks for visiting
            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
            *JetPhotos*
            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I think PIA is a good airline, It has service to Pakistan via Manchester, with no other stop-overs. Unlike EK, which has to stop at in the UAE. But EK is a great airline! I want to fly it sometimes to PK! But i had no trouble with PIA when i went to Pakistan a few years ago. We got great seats from JFK, but there was a 45min delay at JFK which was caused by some passengers causing trouble. So they had to take them out, and unload thier lugage, which caused the delay. Put the rest of the flight went like clock work, we arrived at MAN on a great morning at Manchester! On the flight to ISB there were no mis-haps either. Although the service of PIA in Pakistan Airports is just CRAP! They don't listen to what you have to say, we had a stop-over at ISB, and we were given a hotel. We said we wanted to stay at the Shalimar Hotel, which is a good hotel, and we always used to stay at it when we went to trips to ISB when we used to live in Pakistan, instead they gave us a room at this shaddy hotel where noone stayed and they didn't tell us that. So we thought we were going to Shalimar but instead they took us to this crap hotel. Then my mom got pissed and started yelling at the hotel manager, and he told the driver to take us to Shalimar, but my mom insisted that we go back to the airport and complain to who ever the person in charge. This great man was senior management (i think) for PIA...Mr. Zulifqar. He went with us to the hotel and dropped us off personally. And he called us in the morning also to check up on everything!...PIA needs more people like him! Then it was time for the Fokker!...which was the scariest flight that i have ever been on.

Concluding, you need to have connections in order to travel with no hassel on PIA. My mother knew a family member of Mr. M. L. Abasi..who had some upper hand in PIA, so our flight was pretty good.

PM me if u want more information.
              ***My Blog***

Comment

I agree that PIA needs to focus on fleet simplification as well as fleet commonolity.

I would love to see them purchase more 777s and launch new serivce to the US. On a brighter side, they are getting the 777-200LRs soon! I would like to see them replace the A310s (maybe evne donate or sell them at a disconted price to Ariana Afghan), as well as the 737-300s. Some 737NGs would do well in their fleet. As for the Fokker family with PIA, maybe they could order 717s or even Embraers. I know that all this will not happen overnight and will take money, but I think that if these were done, things could really run very smoothly for them. And with the recent boom in the Indian market, maybe PIA could begin service between Karach (as well as Islamabad) and Mumbia, Delhi as well as the southern cities (Banglore, Kerala, Chennai), and not to mention service to Punjab and the cities of the North east.
                Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Years back id say they stink (literly). YHZ had a PIA 747 come in and it was the most dirtest thing you'll ever see. No YHZ ground crew would clean it, PIA had to fly in its own. Poo all over the walss in the lavs.
                  -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                    Years back id say they stink (literly). YHZ had a PIA 747 come in and it was the most dirtest thing you'll ever see. No YHZ ground crew would clean it, PIA had to fly in its own. Poo all over the walss in the lavs.
                    Are you serious? That is nasty! Can the plane leave without being cleaned? Arent there laws against that?
                    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Well its not really PIAs fault it would not be clean because of toronto ground faculty or something.. PLus you said years BAck and Now PIA has changed 100% service very good food delecious most of the time and seats all good except some time maybe.. and as for Indian market boom did you forget India i much bigger then pakistan with stronger and larger economy and its a home to 1 billion people so i think they deserve more then it is.. so does pakistan
                      PIA was in condition of failure company back then but new goverment came doemocracy came.. everything changed and it is every day.. it takes more then words to say airline sucks.
                      PIA is getting 8 777 which is really good new destinations.. los angelese..more cities of usa west coast and sydney .. and more
                      PIA is selling its old 747-200B all of em maybe thye will replace 744 i hope..
                      PIa was once failing but now its coming from downwards on it way to the peak. PEople who still say it sucks can create there on imaginary world and say it , because its not true and Most people didnt even go on PIA andjust say it sucks.. let me tell you true fact its 50% much better then most american carriers

If you cant face it real see it your selfe its improving

infact check the whole site

Comment

PIA is simply the best for Pakistanis living outside Pakistan (outside of Middle East).

For example, from Toronto, PIA is the best option...all airlines take you to Karachi in around 40-48 hours while PIA takes you there in 18-20 hours since it is non stop.

I have not travelled on them since 1998 so I won't comment on their service but from what I remember, it was nice, comfortable flight.
                        You only have one life...

Make wise decisions and live freely.

Comment

Yup, its the best option for people wanting to go to Pakistan from the United States and other countries. Since it takes you there non-stop!

PIA has improved a lot over the years now, thier planes are cleaner, they have better service,etc..
                          ***My Blog***

Comment

"Yup, its the best option for people wanting to go to Pakistan from the United States and other countries. Since it takes you there non-stop!"

Thats about it I would say, to make things worse they have adopted the weirdest paint scheme in the industry.

Comment

I have flown PIA a few times and the following results can be taken from every flight:
                              1-Flight Attendants are not too friendly and mostly aged,though since the last couple of years,the FA's have been quite friendly.
                              2-Ground Crews are one of the worst in the world.
                              3-Pilots are very polite,and allow you to take pictures,make videos and also invite you to sit in the Flight Deck during take off landing....
                              All in All,PIA has improved over the last few years,but there is still a lot to be done.........
                              (BTW,my uncle is an A310 captain in PIA)
                              LUNN,the livery will not be changed now,no use complaining about it........
                              I still think 'Pashmina' was the best.....
                              Administrator Virtual PIA
                              www.vpia.com
                              Administrator Saudia Virtual
                              www.saudia-va.com

Comment

Working...
                              X