Pope has been given last rights...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope has been given last rights...

VATICAN CITY (CNN) -- Pope John Paul II was given the last rites of the Roman Catholic Church late Thursday night as his health deteriorated, a Vatican source has told CNN.

The sacrament does not necessarily mean that the pope is dying. Last rites -- also known as the sacrament of the sick or extreme unction -- are commonly given to people who are seriously ill as well. The pope received the sacrament after he was shot by a would-be assassin in 1981.

Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

And the next pope has been chosen...and emu with a giant afro.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
        And the next pope has been chosen...and emu with a giant afro.
        man, the catholic church would be soooo faqed if that were to happen. I mean, moreso than it already is.

Comment

next pope is chosen when the smoke rises from the Vatican chimney, thats how you know.

not a catholic but Karol Wojtyla is a fine man and will be a sad loss when he passes.

next trips
          USA/DXB August.

Comment

I'm not Catholic, or even Christian. I disagree with most of the ideas that the Catholic church brings out. However, I still respect it and all its members. No group has been so persistent to assure they acheive what they believe is the right step not only for a sovereign nation, but for the world in general.

I hope the upcoming conclave produces another well-geared Pope who'll press forward into the 21st century.

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
              next pope is chosen when the smoke rises from the Vatican chimney, thats how you know.

not a catholic but Karol Wojtyla is a fine man and will be a sad loss when he passes.
              Is that really true or did you get that from the movie "Eurotrip?" I watched that the other night.
              Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                Is that really true or did you get that from the movie "Eurotrip?" I watched that the other night.
                It's really true. I took a tour of the Vatican and they told us that.

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
                October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

To be more specific, when white smoke rises, not just any smoke.
                  I hope the next pope is as good as this one was/is.
                  THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
                  Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
                  George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the pope. Let him die in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy!
                      I'm not a big fan of the pope. Let him die in peace.
                      wtf dude, the guy preaches nothing but peace and not killing people (yes, I know that's the same thing) what's not to like about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Fly_Southwest
                        It's really true. I took a tour of the Vatican and they told us that.
                        it's actually the smoke from the paper burning with the new popes name on it.

next trips
                        USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                          wtf dude, the guy preaches nothing but peace and not killing people (yes, I know that's the same thing) what's not to like about that?
                          He also preaches that Gays are the abomination of society and are an epidemic that needs to be stopped.

Comment

He also preaches that Gays are the abomination of society and are an epidemic that needs to be stopped.
                            So because of that he should die??
                            Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Point?
                              Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Working...
                              X