CNN Reporting Pope John Paul II Has Died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNN Reporting Pope John Paul II Has Died

Breaking news, more details to follow...

View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health at CNN.com.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

to me it still says he's "clinging to life"

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
      to me it still says he's "clinging to life"
      When I posted they had a red "breaking news..." banner at the top, they must have pulled it off...

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
        When I posted they had a red "breaking news..." banner at the top, they must have pulled it off...
        its still there for me, it just says "Pope in deteriorating condition". Unfortunately I feel we'll need this post sometimes within the next few hours though.

Comment

He's dead....the more the VAtican says he isn't dead, the more the world thinks he's dead...they have this reputation...
          Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
          - Metzgermeister

Comment

Whle he hasnt died yet it is just a matter of time
            The upgraded Air Humberside
            NOW WITH FORUM
            NEW! Air Humberside Photos @ Fotopic
            The NEW UK Airport News

My pictures at PlaneSpotters.net

Comment

Originally posted by MaDbOy
              He's dead....the more the VAtican says he isn't dead, the more the world thinks he's dead...they have this reputation...
              Yep the Vatican is denying reports of his death. Looks like he's pulling an "Arafat"

"I'm not dead yet!" - Plague victim Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                Yep the Vatican is denying reports of his death. Looks like he's pulling an "Arafat"
                Please do NOT compare the Pope to that man.
                It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Comment

Yeah really. That man was an idiot who did nothing but create and support violence. the pope preached peace. I mean im not religious but he wasnt a bad man.

Comment

Reuters and some Italian news agencies reported that the Pope died but they also reported Yassar Arafat dead two days before he died. Watch CNN he's still alive the vatican will say when he dies, they're not going to hide it..
                    -Kevin

Comment

Here is the deal as of right now. Reuters and Italian TV are reporting that the Pope has died. CNN and Fox News are reporting these reports, but are unable to independently confirm them. Basically all the networks are waiting for confirmation from The Vatican. It seems very likely that the Pope has in fact died.

Rest in peace

Comment

I'm sorry I MUST use PT's signature here...

Comment

I checked myself almost every single Italian newspaper and the official news agency ANSA, together with lots of other information sources worldwide. I couldn't reach Vatican.va and Il Osservatore Romano (Vatican's newspaper), since both sites are down due to thousands of visits in the last hours.

Joaquín Navarro Vals, Vatican's spokeman, said there are no possibilities of John Paul II surviving. Nonetheless he's still alive, and he has listened to the Mess and the Via Crucis at his personal apartment in the Vatican.

ANSA reports Qatar's Al-Jazeera said the Holy Father is dead, although it didn't quote any sources.

Agence France Presse says Churches all over the world have asked people to pray for him. Lots of Jewish communities added a special pray to their Shabat celebrations, and even in Baghdad people are praying in Mosques.

Basically John Paul II is still alive, but it's just a matter of hours until he passes away.

Comment

When I woke up all the news channels said "Breaking News: Pope Dead". Didn't hear anything about him still being alive until now.
                            sigpic
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

As of now he is still alive. I've been watching Italian news and Cnn, Fox. But its just a matter of moments

Comment

Working...
                              X