CNN Reporting Pope John Paul II Has Died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AEagle40
    Please do NOT compare the Pope to that man.
    Seconded

Comment

Originally posted by AEagle40
      Please do NOT compare the Pope to that man. (Arafat)
      My apology if you found that offensive. It was just a clever way to say that people were assuming his death before he actually passed.
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
        My apology if you found that offensive. It was just a clever way to say that people were assuming his death before he actually passed.
        Thank you. This is just really hitting very close to home with me now. I normally steer clear of all internet religious discusion, but this is very, very important to me. I have been raised as a Catholic since I was 4 weeks old. I stand by the Church, no matter what happens in the news or anything. The Pontiff is the world's greatest leader, in all aspects of the word. To those like me, he is the continuation of all I believe in. St. Peter began it, 235 (I believe) have continued it. John Paul II is by far not the last Pope the world will see. In closing, I would ask that any and all Catholics, if able, please pray the Sorrowful Mystries of the Rosary today (Friday). If Saturday, please do the Joyful Mystries. Thank You.
        It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
          I'm sorry I MUST use PT's signature here...

Uncalled for, if you dont care dont post, there are catholic people on this forum, and a remark like that is just downright offensive.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
            Uncalled for, if you dont care dont post, there are catholic people on this forum, and a remark like that is just downright offensive.
            Hes just letting us know he doesn't care. I don't see how thats offensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
              Hes just letting us know he doesn't care. I don't see how thats offensive.
              I think he means its probably offensive to his followers.
              sigpic
              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

From latest press confrence

Condition unchanged
                Mass celebrated in his presence
                The upgraded Air Humberside
                NOW WITH FORUM
                NEW! Air Humberside Photos @ Fotopic
                The NEW UK Airport News

My pictures at PlaneSpotters.net

Comment

How long can someone's condition go "unchanged" at the brink of death before they can technically be considered dead?

I'm not catholic and quite frankly I don't really respect him that much, but I was at least hoping for his sake he would have a quick and peaceful death... looks like that didn't happen.

Comment

Is this like a monty python thing ???

"i'm not quite dead yet"
                    "i'm getting better"

???

they're not reporting it here ..

If he is, may he RIP . .if he isn't .. may his passing be peaceful and may the afterlife be all he hopes it will be.

ADG
                    ADG
                    No makeovers please .....

Comment

I'm just waiting for him to pop his head out the window and go "hah, april fools, gotcha!"

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                        I'm just waiting for him to pop his head out the window and go "hah, april fools, gotcha!"
                        Yesterday I was thinking just how Ironic that would be. BRILLIANT!

Comment

He's no Pope of mine

Mat 23:9 And call no one your father on the earth, for One is your Father in Heaven.
                          How can you tell I'm not a Catholic?
                          Who's on first?..........

Comment

AP reporting within the last 5 minutes that the Pope has died....may God bless his soul...
                            Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Dead....officially, according to Italian news
                              official time of death 21:37 Italian time

[Edit} Herpa beat me to it
                              Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
                              - Metzgermeister

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                                Was that supposed to be funny???

Well, he's now dead, for real.

May God take him to Glory.

A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

Comment

Working...
                                X