IAH Connection Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAH Connection Question

I am looking at flights to Phoenix (I go every year) and I like this one I found, ORD-IAH-PHX-IAH-ORD but my question is coming home I have an option of having a 48 minute connection, which gets me into O'Hare around 6:30 ish and then there is a flight with a 3 hour 57 minute connection getting me into O'Hare around 9:45ish. I would rather have the shorter connection, but do you think that would be enough time to make the connection and make the earlier Chicago flight? I ask because they are both the same price.

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
    October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Originally posted by Fly_Southwest
    I am looking at flights to Phoenix (I go every year) and I like this one I found, ORD-IAH-PHX-IAH-ORD but my question is coming home I have an option of having a 48 minute connection, which gets me into O'Hare around 6:30 ish and then there is a flight with a 3 hour 57 minute connection getting me into O'Hare around 9:45ish. I would rather have the shorter connection, but do you think that would be enough time to make the connection and make the earlier Chicago flight? I ask because they are both the same price.
    It all depends on how you move and where the gates are you have to go from/get to, 48 minutes should be enough for you to get your self to the gate and i would think the luggage would too. Than again, theres 4 hours of pure plane spotting..

Comment

Re:

I would definitely go for the 3:48 connecting time. Summer storms are quite common and can cause delays. Not that there are storms in Houston every summer day, but you know. So the more time you have to connect, the better. And if there aren't any storms, even better, you get to do some pretty good spotting.

Foxtrot

Comment

there is always the possibility of storms, but, honestly, if that was the case, 48 minutes or 3 hours, either way you would probably be screwed. 48 minutes is more than enough time to connect in IAH no matter what airline you may be connecting to. Even if you had to go from C or B to A terminal, there is still the bus that runs to A for DL connections. If you are going CO the whole way, you won't have any problem connecting at all, since all of your flights will be out of C or E terminal.
        Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

Thanks for the answers- but do you think it would be possible to book on the 4 hour layover but try to go on standby for the earlier flight?

Next Flights:

Comment

Originally posted by Fly_Southwest
            Thanks for the answers- but do you think it would be possible to book on the 4 hour layover but try to go on standby for the earlier flight?
            On CO, its possible, as I've done the same thing myself. Since you're connecting, they probably would let you. Its a different story if you're starting your trip and you want to fly earlier, since the ticket prices may be different enough to force you to pay a change fee to switch to an earlier flight. Just go to the gate of the earlier flight, and ask nicely if they can put your on the flight. If there is an empty seat after everyone has boarded, they will USUALLY let you on.

Comment

Originally posted by billiam
              On CO, its possible, as I've done the same thing myself. Since you're connecting, they probably would let you. Its a different story if you're starting your trip and you want to fly earlier, since the ticket prices may be different enough to force you to pay a change fee to switch to an earlier flight. Just go to the gate of the earlier flight, and ask nicely if they can put your on the flight. If there is an empty seat after everyone has boarded, they will USUALLY let you on.
              Thats exactly what I wanted to hear!! Thanks

Next Flights:

Comment

you can always stand by for an earlier flight. you can book for the later one, and even in ord or phx, wherever you are checking in, you can get put on the standby list for the earlier connecting flight. chances are, if the flight is anywhere near open, you can even get cleared for the earlier connecting flight before even leaving for iah.
                Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

Working...
                X