Pilot Wage??????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot Wage??????????????

Does anyone know what the wage is for a pilot joining an airline as a First Officer these days fresh from training, i think it is something like £40,000 for a pilot at ryanair, what about other airlines?

Thanks for all posts

Originally posted by walker2
    Does anyone know what the wage is for a pilot joining an airline as a First Officer these days fresh from training, i think it is something like £40,000 for a pilot at ryanair, what about other airlines?

Thanks for all posts

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/content/view/44/36/ - Click on each specific airline for pay.
    - The baby will be back -

Comment

thats only american carriers what bout european?

Comment

Looks like there is European carriers, thought the only current one is Alitalia. You can figure about 3/4 of what a US pilot makes.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
          Looks like there is European carriers, thought the only current one is Alitalia. You can figure about 3/4 of what a US pilot makes.
          According to a little salary comparisson(sp?) between a first year FO flying for Nortwest and one flying for Alitalia, the northwest guy needs to fly about 111 hours a month to get the same pay as the Alitalia guy gets.

Now I dont know the kind of hours FO's make, but 111 hours sounds quite a lot to me.

Now there is a little catch in my calculations, Alitalia FO's get paid a fixed salary a month apposed to the pay per hour by Northwest

Comment

How bout the Second Officers/ Junior Pilots??
            James_2005

Comment

I think it also depends on what type of plane you generally fly. For example the wage of a pilot for Easyjet is £60-65,000 (but they only fly 737's and A319's).
              However I think if you were a Pilot for BA and constantly flew to the Far East or America, then the wage would be larger....correct me if I am wrong.
              If I always fly my national airline,....so should you! .

Fly British Airways. Possibly the best airline in Europe....maybe in the world

Comment

Originally posted by James747
                How bout the Second Officers/ Junior Pilots??
                Whaaaa?! thats already their. Just need to LOOK for it. 1st year flying that plane is the JUNIOR year. Not very many airlines have Second officers anymore.

BTW, whats with the ?
                -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                  Whaaaa?! thats already their. Just need to LOOK for it. 1st year flying that plane is the JUNIOR year. Not very many airlines have Second officers anymore.

BTW, whats with the ?
                  Well, i wasn't looking for a F/O's wage, i meant those ones that just graduated and DON'T fly the plane (except monitoring the autopilot!). And i'm pretty sure they're called second officers , as CX calls them, or JUNIOR F/O's which is one tier above.

James_2005

Comment

I doubt those people exist as it would mean them loosing their license because of lack of hours...

Normal airline procedures seem to be common. Captain flies as PIC for one leg, F/O for the next.

Comment

Well, i wasn't looking for a F/O's wage, i meant those ones that just graduated and DON'T fly the plane (except monitoring the autopilot!). And i'm pretty sure they're called second officers , as CX calls them, or JUNIOR F/O's which is one tier above.
                      SO's thereticly get to fly the plane. They dont "monitor" the auto pilot and like I said, the amount of SO's kicking around are very lacking, a "dying breed" if you will.

heres a list of A/C that operate with a SO:
                      743?
                      DC-10
                      C-5
                      TU-134
                      TU-154
                      CV-880/990

Plus many more.
                      -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                        SO's thereticly get to fly the plane. They dont "monitor" the auto pilot and like I said, the amount of SO's kicking around are very lacking, a "dying breed" if you will.

heres a list of A/C that operate with a SO:
                        743?
                        DC-10
                        C-5
                        TU-134
                        TU-154
                        CV-880/990

Plus many more.
                        i don't think you understand what i'm saying.........second officers can be in any aircraft, unless there isn't a spare seat in the cockpit.

PS-S/O's only have one stripe
                        James_2005

Comment

Qantas Second Officers (two stripes) are employed for inflight relief, to allow rest for the Captain and F/O on long haul questions. They can only occupy a control seat above 20,000' and vacate the seat at top of descent. S/Os are employed for the 744, 747, 767 and 330 fleets.

The name Second Officer has also been used for Flight Engineers in other countries, here at Qantas F/Es are F/Es!

Comment

i don't think you understand what i'm saying.........second officers can be in any aircraft, unless there isn't a spare seat in the cockpit.

PS-S/O's only have one stripe
                            Most modern airliners have only 2 seats now...

Did you mean "flight engineer" when you say "SO" ?

I think Kevin's explanation is correct. If I'm not mistaken, the L-1011 is among the "many more" list as well

edit: AJ answered my question thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                              man, I'd gladly give up 1/4th of my future paycheck to be in an industry where I dont need to worry about being laid off as much.

Comment

Working...
                              X