Future MKE airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future MKE airlines

i have hear a couple months ago that Southwest migh plan on comming to Milwaukee(MKE). Also i hear that Jetblue was planing on coming here one they get their new Embraer EMB-190's.When is Jetblue planing on getting these jets?

The first 190's arrive this August and they should go into service October-ish. I'm pretty sure the first route will be a JFK-BOS shuttle.

Comment

Originally posted by mariner75
      i have hear a couple months ago that Southwest migh plan on comming to Milwaukee(MKE). Also i hear that Jetblue was planing on coming here one they get their new Embraer EMB-190's.When is Jetblue planing on getting these jets?
      The issue with both B6 and WN is not whether MKE could support service but whether going there is the best use of the airlines' scarce resources. WN seems to have made MDW their focal point for the region -- and is adding even more flights -- so it may be a bit difficult to make a case for MKE.

As for B6, the EMB-190 will open up a lot of new potential markets for them. They have been pretty aggressive in a lot of places saying they might be coming after 100 seaters start coming in. What's been left unsaid is the when/in what order cities in the Midwest, Northeast and Southeast might get service. Jetblue probably hasn't even figured that out itself yet and will certainly respond to market developments. Translation: it could be 2006 (I doubt it though), it could be 2012, it could be sometime in between, it could be even furher out in the future or not at all.

I should add that B6 is very likely to serve Chicago before Milwaukee -- their business model is focused on serving larger metro areas.

MPL

Comment

I really dont think that Jetblue would serve Chicago before Milwaukee. Milwaukee houses all of the current US big airlines. I would rather connect in Milwaukee than O'hare. it must be like mad rush there. but up on milwaukee , there are very few times that the delays are as bad down at O'hare. but MKE has a ton of potential for the future especially with NWA expanding rapidly shows how much they care about a smaller airport. even though MKE is right next to ORD and in between NWA's 2 hubs.

Comment

Sorry to say it, but that's only your opinion, and it is not likely to happen in real life. Chicago is simply to big of a metroplex to be ignored by JetBlue. This huge market is also the reason why ORD is so grid-locked. That and the fact that its runway layout just sVcks. MKE will likely come for B6, but sure as hell not before either ORD or MDW.

Comment

well you know skyway airlines(midwest connect) will start beggining delivery of their erj-140's in 2006 so that will definetly add some new citites and increase routes, I know this does not have to do with new airlines coming to mke but I just wanted to let you know

-possibly at some point there will be mainline jet service from united, continental, and american

Midwest Airlines - The Best Care In The Air

Comment

Originally posted by TheMightyM
              I should add that B6 is very likely to serve Chicago before Milwaukee -- their business model is focused on serving larger metro areas.

MPL
              This changes day to day. Don't be suprised if MKE happens before ORD. They have been flip floping over this since day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by polishsausage248
                well you know skyway airlines(midwest connect) will start beggining delivery of their erj-140's in 2006 so that will definetly add some new citites and increase routes,
                I wouldn't so sure about that, Skyway has delayed delivery of the ERJ-140s multiple times already, and there is always the possiblitiy that the order might be dropped, or that the planes, if Skyway has to take them, will be sold to other carriers.

Comment

well they must take at least some new aircraft to replace the beechcraft 1900D as that was the plan in the beggining

Midwest Airlines - The Best Care In The Air

Comment

Everybody says that JetBlue is coming or will be coming to their airport at some point in time. I've heard so much as though JetBlue had "pen in hand" ready to make an entrance into St. Louis.

All of it is bs, the only things we know is what Neelman tells us, and those true snippets of info are few and far between. The only city he has mentioned lately is SAT, so I would guess that would be next.

MKE already has FL and F9, and given WN's presence in Chicago, they won't be entering MKE anytime soon. MKE is serviced nicely by their NW and YX operations with the aforementioned LCC's complementing them.

Comment

Originally posted by polishsausage248
                      well they must take at least some new aircraft to replace the beechcraft 1900D as that was the plan in the beggining
                      There are still many used 328Jets standing around at MYR . Not only are they close in capacity to the BE1s than the ERJs, but Skyway also seems to be very pleased with the performance of their 328Jets.

Comment

Working...
                      X