Got my new camera: nikon D70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my new camera: nikon D70

I am so very happy with my new camera: Nikon D70 with 18-70 and 70-300 Nikkor ED lenses
    After my first plane pic with an coolpix 3100, I upgraded januari 2004 to a Sony F717. Really like the F717, but had a strong urge to upgrade to a DSLR. I did some serious thinking about what I wanted, check a lot of websites for information. Then one day my husband decided I had done enough thinking, so he bought me my new camera (sweet isn't it?). Got it a few days ago and shot this with it [photoid=448416]

I am very pleased with it. Although I must admit, that it took me some time to figure out how to use the camera and find out what the use was of some the settings. Quite different from the F717. For instance, in the default settings the camera focusses on objects that are closest to the camera. This is not very convenient when you have bushes near the runway (was bit dissapointed that the planes in my first pics were not very clear. Fortunately I found out rather soon. And I thought the defaults for the contrast of the image were a bit too strong. All of these thing were easy to adjust. The only thing I am rather afraid of are the evol dustbunnies. Fortunately there is a lot of information available on sensor cleaning on this forum and elsewhere that has helped me to deal with that issue.

I was just wondering what the experiences are of other Nikon D70 users when they started to use/learning to use their camera. Any particular features you had to get accustomed to?

cheers, Pamela

Hmmmm, your husband buys you a DSLR? Guess, I have to talk with my wife about my coming birthday

Nice pic, BTW

Cheers
    Gerardo
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

How much did the 70-300 ED set you back? I'm getting a N90s body in the near future and I need to pick up some good lenses.

Nice camera BTW, congrats on the purchase...digital isn't my cup of tea but good luck with it

Let me know how you like it, my dad is thinking about getting a D70 himself.
      Pentax K20D | Pentax DA18-55 WR | Sigma 70-300 DL Macro Super

Comment

Nice, I just recieved my 20D
        greetings,
        Philip

Comment

Welcome to the Nikon club
          Regards
          Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

Originally posted by philip
            Nice, I just recieved my 20D

Feckin A like you needed any help making gorgeous shots already...

Comment

Originally posted by USAir 757
              How much did the 70-300 ED set you back?
              399 euro (they are cheaper near the Dutch-German border but I'm afraid that's non-legal import)

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
                Hmmmm, your husband buys you a DSLR? Guess, I have to talk with my wife about my coming birthday
                And I gotta get me a rich girlfriend. , awesome shot there Pam, love the way the fan is pretty much frozen.
                Sam Rudge
                A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                  Feckin A like you needed any help making gorgeous shots already...
                  wuhhah you crack me up man.

there's always something to improve and if you'd get your ass up and go to the airport again I'm sure some awesome shots would come along!

want my D60 btw?
                  greetings,
                  Philip

Comment

congrats

i also have a nikon d70 with the same two lenses you have..i bought mine back in january..first slr to own..i love it...only thing i found bothered me was the dust bunnies like you said but after awhile you just come to realize that its inevitable..good luck with it
                    Nikon D70
                    AF-S DX Zoom Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED
                    AF Micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D
                    AF Zoom Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6D-ED
                    AF Zoom Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D-ED VR
                    My istock portfolio

Comment

Nice camera. And it is still plenty good despite the 8MP Canons joining the market. Even my D100 still performs better and better the more I learn to use it. (and as long as a D2X is so expensive)

Comment

Congrats on the new purchase!
                        Hope to see even finer shots from you Pam..

Now, anybody wants to buy me a 20D or D70? Will do everything to that person....

Or better yet, can I have your husband Pam?
                        Baron F. Hussein
                        Visit www.indoflyer.net for news, articles, forum, and photos on Indonesian Aviation.

Comment

Wow your husband bought it!? gotta marry a rich girl!
                          I'm hoping to see more shots of this nice camera!
                          Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
                          - Metzgermeister

Comment

Originally posted by baronfh
                            Now, anybody wants to buy me a 20D or D70? Will do everything to that person....
                            Are you young, hot, blonde, female....if so I might consider this offer

Good luck with the new D70! I've had mine since March '04 and love it.

Mike
                            My site: http://www.RampSlides.com
                            My photos: Click Here

Comment

cheers everyone, baronf: I'll keep my husband to myself if you don't mind
                              In the meantime I hope that we will have enough money left to keep our car on the road: it's due to have it's annual testing (Dutch APK) on monday. If it fails it is likely it will cost a fortune on new exhaust/brakes/whatever they come up with ..Ah well, otherwise I'll take my bike to the airport

Scotty50 do you have pictures on jpnet, I would like to see them? Mike you got really great shots, I hope I will be able to achieve your level of shooting, really love this one: [photoid=398417]

thanx again for your input, cheers Pamela

Comment

Working...
                              X