Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The pilot's have been rendered incapacitated, could you land the pax jet aircraft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leftseat86
    I could do it after a few drinks.
    yeah, that does make it a lot easier

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
      this place becomes more and more like a.net every day
      We need a "Ways to avoid being like a.net forums" topic in the off-topic thread.
      -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
        He probably meant flying A320s for Virtual Air Canada.

but still, simulating is a lot different than real life though
        So I printed the official MS FlightSim 2004 Commercial Pilot License for nothing??! Dammit! :P

Comment

Totally, 25 percent flaps and shut off the engines. WEEEEEEEEEEE

Comment

Hey, if Kurt Russell can do it, I'm sure I can
            My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

No problem, I'll just read the manual. How hard can it be?

Or, they can just lower a new pilot from a winch on a helicopter into a convenient hole in the flight deck, ala that one "Airport" movie.

Either way, I'm sure the flight would just be moderately delayed.

Seriously, I don't know, (I highly doubt it), and I don't really want to find out.
              When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.
              -Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

I've flown the Air Canada 767 simulator here in YYZ a couple times have made many successful landings. Is that close enough to real life to be able to say yes?

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by dave_333
                  I've flown the Air Canada 767 simulator here in YYZ a couple times have made many successful landings. Is that close enough to real life to be able to say yes?

Dave
                  No. I've flown the same sim, and fly for a living. Not close enough to not kill yourself.

Comment

Disappointing, as Transport Canada has strict regulations regarding the accuracy of the simulations and flight dynamics.

I realize that the simulators are a far cry from the real world traffic, ATC, and weather conditions, however from a flight deck systems standpoint, not too far off.

Comment

With ATC and Autopilot help I would say 50/50. But I would give it a chance if my life and others depended on me.
                      Air New Zealand. Being There Is Everything

AKL - Hub of the South Pacific.

Pacific Forum. For NZ and AUS Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by Legend_Airlines
                        I realize that the simulators are a far cry from the real world traffic, ATC, and weather conditions, however from a flight deck systems standpoint, not too far off.
                        Ahhh, but from a flight deck systems standpoint, MSFS isnt too far off either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp Pilot
                          No. I've flown the same sim, and fly for a living. Not close enough to not kill yourself.
                          But they still are realy close to the real thing, minus death and injury.
                          -Kevin

Comment

Unless you're talking LDS767, or other advanced add-ons...I feel they do the real systems little justice

Comment

Man!! i can fly anything with my arrms tied behind my back, blinfolded, and drunk!!
                              the love of flying and the essence of happiness is all u need to fly

let your senses guide u
                              Capt.A340-600

Its Not About Revenge:twisted: , Its About Redemption;) ...

8) The Crow: Stairway To Heaven8)

Comment

I have always fantalized (sp?) this. I have flown 3 times in a cessna (hardly worth justice) and a bit in flight sim. I know the basics , some, and if I really had to do it and deemed neccesary then I would give it a try, but honestly.

NO!

Alex
                                Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Working...
                                X