No announcement yet.

What consitutes a "bad info" rejection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What consitutes a "bad info" rejection?

I recently had a couple of pics rejected from the database, for "bad info". A friend, who also had similiar pictures accepted had the same information for the same aircraft. The only difference was that I went to the FAA registry to look at what company owned the aircraft and entered that instead of just the generic "private" label.

Is it better to just put private, than to go to all the trouble of making sure all fields are completed in detail? Because I have to say, its alot more work to go looking for specifics, but I thought the added information would be nice to have with the image.
    Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
    EF 50mm 1.4 USM
    EF-S 18-55mm
    EF 28-135mm IS USM
    EF 70-200mm f4L
    EF 100-400L IS
    1.4X II Teleconverter
    Canon 420EX Speedlite
    Canon 430EX Speedlite
    Manfrotto Tripod and Monopod

David Wilson | Through the Fence Photography

Well sense would tell you just to use the same info as was used in the photo that was accepted, or just enter the reg in the auto-fill box and leave it as what it gives you.

Comment

I've actually had photos accepted both ways. Really if it's anything King Air or larger I use the company name in the airline field, but if it's just like a cessna or something like that I usually leave it as "Private" or "Untitled."

Comment

Could you please post some links to the rejected pictures in question? Are you shure you diddn't use all capital letters in the airline name? If you did that will give you a bad info rejection.
        Regards
        Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

Originally posted by lukechad13
          Well sense would tell you just to use the same info as was used in the photo that was accepted, or just enter the reg in the auto-fill box and leave it as what it gives you.
          Well, thats only common sense since his got accepted and mine didn't. I was just wondering though, how more information could be a bad thing?

Originally posted by CPH Aviation
          Could you please post some links to the rejected pictures in question? Are you shure you diddn't use all capital letters in the airline name? If you did that will give you a bad info rejection.
          Here is the image in question. I don't know whats happened to it, it now says private. I checked it twice in the queue and it read exactly as follows instead of private. Now it simply says private....it also got rejected for "not checked", but I know exactly what thats about - uploader error, stupid mistake..lol

I.M.P. Corporation - Execaire

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

EDIT: Just an afterthought.....hopefully this isn't being construed as a complaint, its simply an inquiry. I know sometimes, in text things can seem different than they are. I am just the kind of person who hates making the same mistakes twice.

Thanks for the help..
          Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
          EF 50mm 1.4 USM
          EF-S 18-55mm
          EF 28-135mm IS USM
          EF 70-200mm f4L
          EF 100-400L IS
          1.4X II Teleconverter
          Canon 420EX Speedlite
          Canon 430EX Speedlite

Comment

You have "Challenger CL600-2B16". The manufacturer is missing. The correct entry should be "Canadair CL-600-2B16 Challenger 604"

Cheers
            Gerardo
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
              You have "Challenger CL600-2B16". The manufacturer is missing. The correct entry should be "Canadair CL-600-2B16 Challenger 604"

Cheers
              Gerardo

Excellent, thanks for pointing that out. Won't make the mistake again.

One question though: when I went back and looked in the registry DB, it has the aircraft manufacturer listed as Bombardier Inc.

Please excuse my noob ignorance, but whats the difference between the Canadair Challenger and the Bombardier Challenger?
              Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
              EF 50mm 1.4 USM
              EF-S 18-55mm
              EF 28-135mm IS USM
              EF 70-200mm f4L
              EF 100-400L IS
              1.4X II Teleconverter
              Canon 420EX Speedlite
              Canon 430EX Speedlite

Comment

Please excuse my noob ignorance, but whats the difference between the Canadair Challenger and the Bombardier Challenger?
                Well, Canadair builts Canadair aircraft, while the Bombardier Challenger is manufactured by Bombardier......

Alternatively, I could also say, that I don't have any clue at all.

Seriously, I hope, one of our more experienced crew or forum members can answer this one.

Cheers
                Gerardo
                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

to put it in simple terms

Bombardier = Canadair

It was acquired by Bombardier some years ago.
                  The Challenger was originally designed by Canadair (before Bombardier) so that should be the proper designation, but the current production Challengers are called Bombardier Challenger by Bombardier themselves. Someone just has to decide what to do for the DB here

edit: seeing the Dash 8 is designated as de Havilland Canada, it's probably more appropriate to standardize all Challegers to Canadair. Just my two cents

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                    to put it in simple terms

Bombardier = Canadair

It was acquired by Bombardier some years ago.
                    The Challenger was originally designed by Canadair (before Bombardier) so that should be the proper designation, but the current production Challengers are called Bombardier Challenger by Bombardier themselves. Someone just has to decide what to do for the DB here

edit: seeing the Dash 8 is designated as de Havilland Canada, it's probably more appropriate to standardize all Challegers to Canadair. Just my two cents
                    Thanks for the clarification.....
                    Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
                    EF 50mm 1.4 USM
                    EF-S 18-55mm
                    EF 28-135mm IS USM
                    EF 70-200mm f4L
                    EF 100-400L IS
                    1.4X II Teleconverter
                    Canon 420EX Speedlite
                    Canon 430EX Speedlite