Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Destination for AirTran - Richmond

ORLANDO, Fla., April 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --

AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. today announced the airline will commence new daily nonstop service to Richmond International Airport from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and Philadelphia International Airport with continuing service to Boston's Logan International Airport, beginning June 23, 2005. AirTran Airways will also add nonstop service between Richmond and Orlando International Airport beginning November 8, 2005. These routes will be served by the airline's popular Boeing 717 aircraft with 12 Business Class and 105 coach seats.

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Damn it!!!

I WANT STL!!!

Oh well congrats to RIC.

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

It seems like AirTran lately is getting nostalgic in their new city choices. CLT and IND used to be Valujet cities, and RIC is a former AirTran city.

Comment

Shoulda been Chucktown, but oh well.

Interesting that they chose PHL to have RIC service. Making sure WN stays away?

Comment

Originally posted by srbmod
          It seems like AirTran lately is getting nostalgic in their new city choices. CLT and IND used to be Valujet cities, and RIC is a former AirTran city.
          SYR is also a former AirTran city, back when they still had 732s and MetroJet was still around. Oh well, my fingers are still crossed!
          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Great news...but why PHL? Maybe to challange some of those US Airbuses. I know the other routes will do great being RIC's first LCC routes.
            GO SIOUX

Comment

Bah, only two more routes where Delta will now have LCC competition .

Comment

Originally posted by PHF2ATL
                Great news...but why PHL? Maybe to challenge some of those US Airbuses.
                I don't think it's US Airways this is aimed towards. RIC has been trying to get Southwest in there for a few years now, and in a way it's a way of RIC telling Southwest that we don't need you........

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                  SYR is also a former AirTran city, back when they still had 732s and MetroJet was still around. Oh well, my fingers are still crossed!

I am praying. SYR needs a non-stop flight to FLL. TMA left and US won't start one. Makes no sense with an O&D of over a 100 in the winter. (During winter break season it can go up to 300-400 just to FLL!!!!)

Comment

Alex,

Patience... AirTran will make an entrance to St. Louis sometime this year, it is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by LambertMan
                      Alex,

Patience... AirTran will make an entrance to St. Louis sometime this year, it is inevitable.
                      *taps fingers.....*

Alex
                      Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                        CMH was a Valujet city, although I don't know if they'll bring back that route any time soon. I'd be willing to try them if they flew out of Columbus.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Well SYR was a Air Tran city, not value jet. Why did they leave?

Offtopic, deltarules your sig looks a little big there.

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
                            Offtopic, deltarules your sig looks a little big there.
                            If you put his 3 bars next to each other, it would be about the same as yours.
                            Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
                              Well SYR was a AirTran city, not Valujet. Why did they leave?
                              Most of the Manatee cities out of MCO were 1-2 flights a day service. When the Airways hub @ MCO was shuttered and ops merged in with the Airlines hub @ ATL, many of these cities were dropped completely (as were some Airlines cities). A full list:
                              AirTran Airways:
                              MCI
                              DSM
                              OMA
                              CVG
                              GSP
                              ROC
                              ALB
                              SYR
                              ABE
                              SWF
                              ISP
                              RIC
                              ORF

AirTran Airlines (The name Valujet changed to prior to the merger):
                              MOB
                              PBI

Comment

Working...
                              X