Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outrageous Gas Prices - Highest Youve Seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About $2.75 here. And yes, I lived in Europe from 1998-2001 and my family still paid less than $1.50 for gas. Gotta love being an Army brat....
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

FYI: I'm still paying $0.00 a gallon

Comment

I was in Kings Canyon Australia 2 weeks ago and the price for unleaded was $1.40 per litre (Australian). It was $1.19 per litre in Alice Springs (had to edit as SYD was a bit cheaper).

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
          So what, Daytona Beach is a rather small town to get around. Try using your bike in a city where a single route could mean a 15km drive, through rush-hour, with car fumes crawling up your nose, and having to make a delivery of two huge HP toners in 30 minutes. Can't do that on a bike.

Comment

$2.17, it's a pain but what can you say. There's no other way to get around here in the suburbs. So we live with it.

Comment

I've seen one of the gas stations in San Francisco with prices of:
              regular : 3.40
              plus : I forgett the price
              Premium : 6.11

The gas stations manager said the reason for the high prices is because there protesting the whole situation of gas prices.

I'm wondering if its actually legal for him to raise the price like that just to do a protest?

-Nick Rose

Comment

The price of gas is just getting out of control. It’s a drain on the economy and if it doesn't give we could slip back into a recession. As for others who say our gas prices should be as high as the rest of the world. The U.S producers more barrels of oil per day then any oil producing country unlike other countries with high oil prices. For most of Europe all their oil is imported and Europe's Social health care system has to be paid for somehow.

If the Gov't wanted to jump-start our economy they'd open the strategic reserve causing the prices to come down to below $2.00 a gallon. Prices would drop for durable and consumer goods, and companies would have more money to expand resulting in new jobs. Then if the price of gas has to go back up, raise the prices slowly, a ten-cent increase in one day is too much for the economy to handle. Just look at the airline industry its on the verge of collapse over oil prices.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
                  But what about the cost of food and drink to power the bike
                  You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

$2.19 a gallon. Went Jeepin at an offroad park today. Worth every single penny for the amount of fun I had.
                    It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Comment

Canada is around 90 cents (Canadian) per litre right now, but Norway (where I'm moving in a week) is more than $2 (Canadian) per litre. So, stop whining. (And develop some decent public transportation.)

-Sturla

Comment

Originally posted by kaddyuk
                        FYI tommyalf, i'm really gonna have to hold my tongue at your statement, but be sure that if I were near you when you said that, i'd have kicked your ass...

Oh come on Kevin I can take it.... It makes for healthy conversation.

Seriously our gas prices are a drain on the U.S economy. Car sales are down double digits, costs for most consumer goods are going up, and new home sales are slipping. Now while you can't blame the entire downturn on high fuel costs, its a major part of the problem and its going to hurt the summer season if it keeps up. As for Europe's health care system, I have to give you guys a jab here and there, hehe

oh btw the I'm a Nikyu in judo, so bring it. lol

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf
                          Oh come on Kevin I can take it.... It makes for healthy conversation.

Seriously our gas prices are a drain on the U.S economy. Car sales are down double digits, costs for most consumer goods are going up, and new home sales are slipping. Now while you can't blame the entire downturn on high fuel costs, its a major part of the problem and its going to hurt the summer season if it keeps up. As for Europe's health care system, I have to give you guys a jab here and there, hehe

oh btw the I'm a Nikyu in judo, so bring it. lol
                          Yeah yeah yeah ... it was the same whining in the 70s. What happened? You stopped, well slowed down at least, driving the most fuel-inefficient cars, started developing some more fuel efficient technologies, put plenty of money into good old fashioned R&D (research and development) to become less dependent on other countries. Then things started to go well, prices fell and later stabilized at a low level and you didn't R&D anymore. So now you're caught off-guard. Big deal. Get back to the basics - start developing fuel cell technologies, alternative fuel source technologies etc etc etc... Oh and stop whining - if you choose to be dependent on a Middle Eastern mistress, don't bitch when she ups the rates on you.

As for car sales going down, could the reasons also be that (1) the prices have been low for quite a while and most people with decent (and not-so-decent) credit have not bought a new car already, and (2) since most car manufacturer have lost money recently, they need to up the prices to break even?

As for your giving us some jabs here and there... No problems - at least we won't go broke having a doctor look at our bruises after...

-Sturla

Comment

Originally posted by sturla
                            As for your giving us some jabs here and there... No problems - at least we won't go broke having a doctor look at our bruises after...

-Sturla

Owned.

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                              Owned.

Owned my a$$ I have great health coverage and it costs me next to nothing.... lol

Comment

2.49 in Everett

Oh mini man! But I am driving less.

I hope not to hit over $4 since around 1970.

Comment

Working...
                                X