X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add power, pull up....now.

"Uhhh, ATC, requesting an altitude change...."

My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Is that a hurricane wall there? if it is..

"uhh ATC yea its JUST a bit to windy up front, request we go back the way we come from...pretty please? "

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

damn, that's a hell of a squall line

Comment

wow...i'd hate to be in that.
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

"At this moment we ask our passengers to be seated, and to fasten their seatbelt as tight as possible. The roller coast ride is about to start."

Man, that is enormous.

Comment

wow nice picture! I don't know much about hurricanes, but would that be part of the eye wall?

Comment

Originally posted by Messerschmitt Man
              wow nice picture! I don't know much about hurricanes, but would that be part of the eye wall?
              dude, I thought you said you were a pilot, that's a squall line.

Comment

ok sure, in C.P.L Meteorology as far as i remember we only had to know that a squall was sudden violent winds between #-#knots. Blame my lecturer for not going into more detail not me!

Also lets just say my met book may have accumulated some dust in the months since the exam, but hey i'm only human after all, not Einstein.

Comment

Wow...I've never seen anything like that. That's awesome.

Originally posted by Cameron
                  "Uhhh, ATC, requesting an altitude change...."
                  "Uhhh...Center- Any chance we can make a 180 & return to where we started from? Because if we don't, the sh*t's gonna hit the fan up here in a few seconds."

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Wow, thats impressive. Judging by that pic, it looks like they came out of it.
                    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                      damn, that's a hell of a squall line
                      and howdy! That thing goes on and on for miles...
                      -Kevin

Comment

Gentleman, I hate to reign in on your parade, but that was definetly photoshopped.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy!
                          Gentleman, I hate to reign in on your parade, but that was definetly photoshopped.
                          would you like to prove your claim? Lines like that aren't exactly uncommon, just look at these pictures.

and they could have very well been flying in/around it if they were doing some sort of weather research. UND has a Citation for weather research and I have seen video of them doing research on microbursts.

Comment

I agree, squall lines do exist and can take that similar form, BUT: Take a look at the picture again, notice how the edge of the very closest thunderhead outline is an exact copy of the one behind it, and the one behind that, and the one behind that, all the way down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy!
                              notice how the edge of the very closest thunderhead outline is an exact copy of the one behind it
                              I dont see it. Do we have a tiebreaker?

Comment

Working...
                              X